[Q] Absence of ROM Developers

Search This thread

bsohm

Dec 31, 2010
Not trying to start fires or be disrespectful is it just me or have all the ROM Devs either left for another phone or are abnormally silent. Additionally does anyone have any info on a bootloader unlock or root for NC4? Like i said not trying to start a flame war just looking for any information. I appreciate everything that our current ROM Devs have been doing A+ job per the normal, just want me some cyanogenmod. :p

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Not trying to start fires or be disrespectful is it just me or have all the ROM Devs either left for another phone or are abnormally silent. Additionally does anyone have any info on a bootloader unlock or root for NC4? Like i said not trying to start a flame war just looking for any information. I appreciate everything that our current ROM Devs have been doing A+ job per the normal, just want me some cyanogenmod. :p

There are 4 or 5 nice ROMs that are updated on an almost regular basis.

bsohm

Dec 31, 2010
There are 4 or 5 nice ROMs that are updated on an almost regular basis.

Actually if you go look at the updated dates on the roms we have 3 that have been updated in a month 2 that have been updated in a week

★☞[Rom][4.3][MJE] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 6 [01/01/14] AOSP/KitKat Themed || Game Changing ☜★ 1/10/2014
Hyperdrive Rom - Galaxy Note 3 5/11/2014
BajaROM 5/31/2014
JasmineROM 6/11/2014
ObjectiveROM 6/7/2014
The Beast! _-= Drop The Bass! =-_ [Release 1] 12/18/2013
-N.E.O.N. R.O.M- 1/24/2014
BajaROM 12/20/2013
LeanROM 4/12/2014
Incognito ROM 4/14/2014
ButterBoost 4/16/2014

Additionally some of those are based off of MJE which NC2/NC4 came out just over 2 months ago if i remember correctly?

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Actually if you go look at the updated dates on the roms we have 3 that have been updated in a month 2 that have been updated in a week

★☞[Rom][4.3][MJE] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 6 [01/01/14] AOSP/KitKat Themed || Game Changing ☜★ 1/10/2014
Hyperdrive Rom - Galaxy Note 3 5/11/2014
BajaROM 5/31/2014
JasmineROM 6/11/2014
ObjectiveROM 6/7/2014
The Beast! _-= Drop The Bass! =-_ [Release 1] 12/18/2013
-N.E.O.N. R.O.M- 1/24/2014
BajaROM 12/20/2013
LeanROM 4/12/2014
Incognito ROM 4/14/2014
ButterBoost 4/16/2014

Additionally some of those are based off of MJE which NC2/NC4 came out just over 2 months ago if i remember correctly?

You forgot Biggins ROM - Updated 6/9/2014.

A month between updates when you're stuck with stock software isn't long at all. Like I said, there are 4 or 5 that are updated on an almost regular basis.

Biggins
Objective
Jasmine
BAJA
Hyperdrive.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I will build a VisionX rom for this device with some help from you guys, like the SS stuff, I have never used it, what would it take to get my rom running here? Any volunteers? PM me also...

This rom:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559321

I did it for the sprint guys, turned out very well....I will add anyone willing to help to the VisionX team for the Verizon thread. Lets talk!

I will start with this one...

N900VVRUCNC4

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I will build a VisionX rom for this device with some help from you guys, like the SS stuff, I have never used it, what would it take to get my rom running here? Any volunteers? PM me also...

This rom:

I did it for the sprint guys, turned out very well....I will add anyone willing to help to the VisionX team for the Verizon thread. Lets talk!

N900VVRUCNC4

SS can be treated like TWRP but the Aroma Installer will not work on it.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Ok, I understand that, what is the requirements needed from Vision to run on Verizon's locked bootloader?
I would pm hsbadr, he has been working with the nc4 rom and is currently porting an S5 rom so he should be able to tell you what changes need to be made for Verizon. I appreciate your willingness to work on ports for Verizon . Thank you ![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bsohm

Dec 31, 2010
You forgot Biggins ROM - Updated 6/9/2014.

A month between updates when you're stuck with stock software isn't long at all. Like I said, there are 4 or 5 that are updated on an almost regular basis.

Biggins
Objective
Jasmine
BAJA
Hyperdrive.

You are correct thank you for correcting me, maybe im just looking for a different style and am gettin impatient i really wish we had a unlocked bootloader and some cyanogenmod. I have tried Nova Launcher and it works really well but the settings, notifications the little touches that Samsung does with Touchwiz are not my thing i guess.

bsohm

Dec 31, 2010

This rom:

N900VVRUCNC4

Another new Rom Dev will be really nice do you base it off of Touchwiz or AOSP?

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
You are correct thank you for correcting me, maybe im just looking for a different style and am gettin impatient i really wish we had a unlocked bootloader and some cyanogenmod. I have tried Nova Launcher and it works really well but the settings, notifications the little touches that Samsung does with Touchwiz are not my thing i guess.

Have you tried using some Xposed modules to remove certain things and add others? Objective ROM is about as close to AOSP as you can get, pretty much everything that isn't needed to run the phone had been removed.

bsohm

Dec 31, 2010
But the styling is still TouchWiz so all of the notification portion and the launcher and setting.apk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DdronD4L

Oct 19, 2013
San Angelo

This rom:

N900VVRUCNC4

I flashed your rom on my brother's sprint note 3. From what he's told me. He loves it.

Reactions: AxAtAx

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas

I do touchwiz roms only, I did many times aosp, not really my thing anymore....

Do we move forward with this?

Downloading now, I can have this built by this evening....

What 4.4 2 kernel is everyone using for this device? The stock one?

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY

We can only use the stock kernel on the Retail devices since they have a locked bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This rom:

N900VVRUCNC4

This rom:

N900VVRUCNC4

I flashed your rom on my brother's sprint note 3. From what he's told me. He loves it.