[DISCONTINUED] Venom DotView Notifications 2.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Doesn't seem to be working...I'm running Viper 1.6 still...

Does this update contain the native HTC Dot View update plus your tweaks? Or just your tweaks?

Because if it is just your tweaks...I cannot update the HTC Dot View app through the play store...it just says Installed and I cannot update or uninstall.

why not updating to 1.8.0?

On VenomRom 1.8 and updated from the VenomHub to the 5.0 version and can confirm my dot view case no longer functions any more.

5.0?

ensure you don't have HtcDotMatrix.apk in /system/priv-app and just com.htc.dotmatrix-1.apk in /data/app

On latest viper 1.8 with basil3 theme i flash the update and my dotcase didnt work at all :> :crying:
Any suggestions ? :)

..same for you as above.

Also this doesn't belong here, please post in the ViperOne thread.

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
why not updating to 1.8.0?

Been too lazy and in all honesty 1.6 with your original Dot View MOD was working so well for me I figure why update! :)

I actually pulled the com.htc.dotmatrix-1.apk from your zip and installed just that to update the HTC system dot matrix to the newest version.

I then flashed your 2.0 zip. I can control the new notification features (wallpaper, three recent calls etc) of the HTC app through the now available HTC Dot Matrix App icon in my app tray (was not there before) and I still control the custom ones with the Venom DotMatirx App.

Think it's working like a charm now! :)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Though did the updated Dot View App get rid of the current weather icon? I get time, temperature but no Sun/clouds etc like it used to give when there was no notification alert.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Looking at HTC's stuff on the play store...they did indeed get rid of the current weather conditions icon....I liked it...but oh well!

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
Germany
Been too lazy and in all honesty 1.6 with your original Dot View MOD was working so well for me I figure why update! :)

I actually pulled the com.htc.dotmatrix-1.apk from your zip and installed just that to update the HTC system dot matrix to the newest version.

I then flashed your 2.0 zip. I can control the new notification features (wallpaper, three recent calls etc) of the HTC app through the now available HTC Dot Matrix App icon in my app tray (was not there before) and I still control the custom ones with the Venom DotMatirx App.

Think it's working like a charm now! :)

There are some massive new features and improovemnts added..would really suggest to update (-:

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
push back framework3.jar from the fullrom to /system/framework

and delete the standalone apk to configure the notifcations.

I flashed the zip from thus thread to ViperOne.
Which standalone apk i need to delete?

ensure you don't have HtcDotMatrix.apk in /system/priv-app and just com.htc.dotmatrix-1.apk in /data/app

I dont have HtcDotMatrix.apk in /system/priv-app [emoji15] i have venomdotview.apk

Last edited:

ChronoWerX

Oct 13, 2007
Same problem, with ViperOne and the updated version from HUB, DotView will no longer work. :(

Don't have the new options in tweaks too

Last edited:

Kiray1982

Dec 17, 2010
Xiaomi 12
The new options are not in venom tweaks visible. Check out the the HTC DotView app in your app drawer.

- gesendet mit meinem HTC One M8 -

antdizzo

Jul 1, 2010
Chicago
Made this theme, hopefully somebody gets the idea of making a full fledged thread with more themes, this is a pretty good template to highlight the time and weather. uploadfromtaptalk1405154264671.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

ChronoWerX

Oct 13, 2007
Notifications don't working. No weather, no 3rd party apps, nothing. Only the last 3 calls after few seconds, but I love the backgrounds and the white font color. Test it now. Without background all works fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Discontinued because of lack of time, nerves and complaining users.

Screenshot_2014-06-03-07-17-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-07-18-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-07-18-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-03-07-19-11.png

2014-05-30
    2014-05-30
    2014-05-30
    2014-05-30

About:

HTC released with their new flagship HTC One m8 the awesome DotView case that shows different notifications on your case,
    like messages, mail or incoming calls. Unfortunately those notifications are limited to HTC specific apps.
    Now I think you and lot of others thought, it would be much more useful to also be able to add 3rd party apps show notifications on it.

Guess what!!! Exactly, Venom DotView Notifications will add that feature for you!
    More customization features are planned and will come with the time.

Instructions & Information:

• ROOT is required! Additonally, the rom should be at least deodexed and have signature verification disabled
    • YES, this mod is compatible with all sense roms on the latest base.
    • This mod replaces core framework files and the HtcDotMatrix.apk. If you are an unexperienced user a backup in recovery is recommended in case sth. goes wrong.
    • Just flash the zip from the download section and you are ready to go.
    • The files in the zip are based on the latest HTC One m8 stock files. If you are on a custom rom it may override rom specific features, or if you flashed e.g. a sound mod it'll brake it.
      I won't provide compatible installations for it, ask the appropriate dev of the rom/mod to do it.
    • If you got a bug, please report it WITH A LOGCAT
    • At all devs that surprisingly come up with a same mod (again) AFTER I released something,
      great job, you are able to decompile files and copy paste code.
    Discontinued because of lack of time, nerves and complaining users.

Downloads:

ViperOne M8 :

DON'T FLASH THIS MOD ON ViperOne M8!!!
    NOT REQUIRED FROM since version 1.7.0 - completely integrated into the rom
    Updates will be available in VenomHub for ViperOne M8 users.

All other SENSE roms:
    READ THE REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
    Venom DotView Notifications 2.0.0 Took it down, spent ****ing 7 hours an it and just complaints, thx.
    Venom DotView Notifications 1.1.0
    Venom DotView Notifications 1.0.0

Changelog:

Version 2.0.0
    • Updated to latest DotView App from market
    HTC Changelog:
    • Personalization – Select your own photos and images as the wallpaper of the case.
    • Redial – Redial is now available for the three most recent calls.
    • More Notifications – Swipe left and right to see more notifications.

Version 1.1.0
    • Added setting to define apps that turn the screen on, when a notification comes in
    • Added toggle to enable/disable Venom DotView Notifications
    • Fixed FC when trying to open link to play store from alert dialog
    • Added option to get a Pro key via paypal donation too (pm me after donation)

Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release (Proof of concept)

ToDo List / Features I'll look at:

• Create setting to define which apps turn the screen on
    • Create setting to define which apps will automatically open when you open the dotview case
    • Show battery level under clock
    • Show music album art/music icon when music is playing
    • Show notification count
    • Build icon pack engine to show more suitable icons for the dotview (e.g. squared (less edges), less colorful (no gradients) etc)
    @j to the 4n Can you make animated weather animations?It would be kinda nice ;)
    Got back from vacation yesterday evening. I got time the next days working on a new version with new features and doing some cleanups.