[RADIO] Update to OTA radio 26.03.02.26_M

Search This thread
!!! ANY RADIO UPDATE COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE !!!
You have been warned​

Info:
If you haven't updated to OTA (or can't because you deleted the faulty Google Googles) but still want the updated radio, you can apply the firmware.zip found in the latest OTA.

Setup:
  1. Download and open the OTA (e4aaacea73af.OTA_Vision_TMUS_1.22.531.8-1.1.19.531.1_release_signed.zip)
  2. Extract the 'firmware.zip' file out (to your desktop or some folder)
  3. Rename the 'firmware.zip' file you extracted to 'PC10IMG.zip'
  4. Copy (or move) PC10IMG.zip to the root of your G2 microSD card
  5. Charge your G2 to FULL battery

Flash:
  1. Power off your G2
  2. Plug your G2 into AC power
  3. Boot into the G2 bootloader by holding VOL_DOWN and press POWER, continuing to hold VOL_DOWN until the bootloader screen appears
  4. Wait while it checks the PC10IMG.zip file
  5. Press VOL_UP to flash
  6. WAIT
  7. Press POWER to reboot (it actually turned my G2 off, and I had to turn it back on)

Result:
You will have the OTA radio without updating to OTA. Since the OTA didn't update the bootloader (SPL/HBOOT), you will still have S-OFF if you applied it before. You will need to re-flash a custom recovery if you had one before, as well as reapply Cyanogen's bacon-bits if you had applied this before.

Notes:
I lost WiFi when rebooting into Android. I used RomManager to reflash ClockworkMod recovery, then rebooted into recovery to reflash Cyanogen's bacon-bits. This restored my WiFi.

Reference:
OTA - T-Mobile nationwide OTA UPDATE
S-OFF - [GUIDE] Perma-root and S-OFF!!
ClockworkMod recovery - [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for G2
Bacon Bits - [ADDON] Vision BaconBits

Attachments

• IMG_20101111_001356.jpg
    IMG_20101111_001356.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_20101111_001411.jpg
    IMG_20101111_001411.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_20101111_002056.jpg
    IMG_20101111_002056.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_20101111_002207.jpg
    IMG_20101111_002207.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:

Sv3nt3k

Oct 21, 2010
www.gamerzplanet.net
Oh, the irony! I couldn't update the OTA because of Google Goggles being uninstalled. Prior to that, I backed up my phone through Clockworks Recovery, so I applied that (which had Goggles installed), did the OTA update, and then went through re-rooting my phone.

I wish this was posted sooner but oh well. I've got OTA installed after a pre-OTA root and re-rooted it.

scribbin

Oct 3, 2010
I did everything as instructed, but still couldn't get the ota to work. I have pre ota root and clockworkmod recovery... could the recovery be interfering with it? Been trying to get stock recovery with no luck. I still have the old radio. Pc10img.zip is recognized, but after it says parsing it, just returns to the menu of the hboot... what am I doing wrong?

I did everything as instructed, but still couldn't get the ota to work. I have pre ota root and clockworkmod recovery... could the recovery be interfering with it? Been trying to get stock recovery with no luck. I still have the old radio. Pc10img.zip is recognized, but after it says parsing it, just returns to the menu of the hboot... what am I doing wrong?
This doesn't actually apply the WHOLE OTA, just the boot, radio, and recovery. The radio is the only thing I wanted, but I am unable to make a successful update.zip for just the radio. If anyone has experience with this, please PM me.

A few things to try:
- check the filesize; your PC10IMG.zip (originally firmware.zip) file should be exactly 19,364,782 bytes (windows might report size-on-disk larger)
- use a different microsd card
- format the card fat32
- put PC10IMG.zip as the only file on the card

I flashed this from the S-OFF HBOOT-0.76.2000 SPL. I also retraced my steps and successfully reflashed it over the 26.03.02.08_M radio I already have now.

scribbin

Oct 3, 2010
It worked! I found out what I was doing wrong. I didn't unzip the ota. (Thought you were calling it firmware.zip as a shortcut, my bad) Telling me the file size helped me determine what I was doin wrong. Thank you so much!

El_Nino9

Dec 2, 2009
London
You have been warned​

Info:
If you haven't updated to OTA (or can't because you deleted the faulty Google Googles) but still want the updated radio, you can apply the firmware.zip found in the latest OTA.

Setup:
  1. Download and open the OTA (e4aaacea73af.OTA_Vision_TMUS_1.22.531.8-1.1.19.531.1_release_signed.zip)

Flash:
  1. Power off your G2
  3. Boot into the G2 bootloader by holding VOL_DOWN and press POWER, continuing to hold VOL_DOWN until the bootloader screen appears
  5. Press VOL_UP to flash
  6. WAIT
  7. Press POWER to reboot (it actually turned my G2 off, and I had to turn it back on)

Result:
You will have the OTA radio without updating to OTA. Since the OTA didn't update the bootloader (SPL/HBOOT), you will still have S-OFF if you applied it before. You will need to re-flash a custom recovery if you had one before, as well as reapply Cyanogen's bacon-bits if you had applied this before.

hello OP,
erm flash radio through fastboot! you have that option now. why risk a brick?
in my opinion, better instructions would be.

1)download OTA
2)using zip extra the OTA and find the radio.img file
3)Enter phone into fastboot mode (how you checked you had s-off and then using volume down navigate to fastboot)there may be a better way i own a desire hd
4)depending on how you have set up your SDK folder, i.e. if you have added path variables you can adb and fastboot from anywhere. so if that is the case(which is the correct way to set up sdk as mentioned on development site) you can fastboot the radio. all you do is CD to the directory in cmd/terminal i.e.
cd /home/user/Desktop/OTAEXTRACT [then press enter]
fastboot flash radio radio.img [enter]-without the space after the img ofcourse
and it will flash

but you as an OP should show the md5 checksum for the radio.img or even the zip once the user puts it on the SD CARD it should be checked they are not flashing a corrupt file.
you tried and it worked so post the md5sum up of the files

Reactions: chubb16

g1junky

Feb 3, 2009
Dolton, IL
hello OP,

1)download OTA
3)Enter phone into fastboot mode (how you checked you had s-off and then using volume down navigate to fastboot)there may be a better way i own a desire hd
4)depending on how you have set up your SDK folder, i.e. if you have added path variables you can adb and fastboot from anywhere. so if that is the case(which is the correct way to set up sdk as mentioned on development site) you can fastboot the radio. all you do is CD to the directory in cmd/terminal i.e.
and it will flash

but you as an OP should show the md5 checksum for the radio.img or even the zip once the user puts it on the SD CARD it should be checked they are not flashing a corrupt file.

to anybody who downgraded to get rid of the vibrating, this radio brings it back :(
Edit: Downgrading radio to stock fixes it.. just extract radio.img from stock rom and with your g2 in fastboot run:
fastboot flash radio radio.img and reboot and the vibrating should be gone

Last edited:

cparekh

Oct 15, 2009
I'm not sure I understand the order of radio releases. This update flashes your radio to 26.03.02.08_M. However, in the photos you have attached, the radio is listed 26.03.02.26_M. 26 is greater then 08, so would not the 26 radio be the later release?

I am sure you completely understand what you are flashing, but if someone could point it out to obtuse, old me, I would surely appreciate it.

chubb16

Nov 25, 2010
I still had the pre-OTA radio on my device, i rooted and flashed cm 6.1.1 as soon as i got the phone. I think this might fix my problems i am having when i enter a roaming area, and maybe even the occasional crash where the power button doesnt work and i gotta pull the battery.

apollostees

Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
I'm rooted and running CM6.1.1.

After applying this, all my apps force close nonstop. I can't even see my home screens, app drawer or anything.

I can't even nandroid because I got a stock recovery. Anyone know how to beat this?

I'm rooted and running CM6.1.1.

After applying this, all my apps force close nonstop. I can't even see my home screens, app drawer or anything.

I can't even nandroid because I got a stock recovery. Anyone know how to beat this?

If you're rooted, you can clear the dalvik-cache (and then reboot) which might help.
Code:
rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
rm -r /cache/dalvik-cache

If you aren't rooted, you might have to do a full wipe.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have been warned​

Info:

Setup:

Flash:
    1. Power off your G2
    5. Press VOL_UP to flash
    6. WAIT

Result:

hello OP,

1)download OTA
    and it will flash