Anyone know or replaced the dire speaker ?

Search This thread

thedrmonkey

Mar 29, 2008
Houston, TX
When have you EVER heard of replacing a proprietary speaker in a cell phone with an "alternative" or "upgraded" speaker? Let alone there even being one available?

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Guys, loving the N5 but HATE the speaker, i have run custom roms, tweaks but frankly - my opinion, dire !

Has anyone though about a replacement, better alternative ?

As gonna dive in and possibly take a look ?

Thanks

This post is no different than the other 50 post complaining about the speaker in various ways. There are zip files to flash, kernels with sound management, and so on. I don't think anyone has attempted to replace the speaker, although they have stuck a hot needle into the holes to make them bigger :eek: Some guy has attempted to put the g2 battery into his nexus. You can be that guy attempting to put a new speaker in his nexus 5.

Good luck

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Dam bruh might as well add a subwoofer and a amp and stereo speakers man.

Anyways try viper4android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thedrmonkey

Mar 29, 2008
Houston, TX
Your obviously NOT an engineer and i would also guess, have not alot of foresight either, it's called lateral thinking, out of the box.

Kind regards

(I was just asking!)

Yes, obviously I'm not an engineer; I'm just going by the years of experience with phones and NEVER seeing a "upgraded replacement" speaker available for a phone...ever. :good:

Reactions: laker666

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Couldn't you just plug in whatever external speaker system you desire? Coupled with V4A you'd have a nice music setup.

Just don't use the top 3 volume levels when using a 3.5mm accessory as it has serious cross talk issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, loving the N5 but HATE the speaker, i have run custom roms, tweaks but frankly - my opinion, dire !

Has anyone though about a replacement, better alternative ?

As gonna dive in and possibly take a look ?

Thanks

Why don`t you try that and let us know?
    Your obviously NOT an engineer and i would also guess, have not alot of foresight either, it's called lateral thinking, out of the box.

Kind regards

(I was just asking!)

Yes, obviously I'm not an engineer; I'm just going by the years of experience with phones and NEVER seeing a "upgraded replacement" speaker available for a phone...ever. :good: