[Q] Newbe to CM: why to use it and what do I gain/lose?

Search This thread

Wolfraider

Jan 19, 2014
Sorry for being lame, but I am new to Android (but familiar with programing and Linux).

I have got LG D605 with original rom (Jelly Bean).
- Why CM is better than my original software?
- Does it support other languages, or only english?
- If I install CM do my external card (there is only unofficial CM for my phone which installs only on external storage), will I lose my data? And my original OS?

eatsleep

Jun 29, 2013
Sorry for being lame, but I am new to Android (but familiar with programing and Linux).

I have got LG D605 with original rom (Jelly Bean).
- Does it support other languages, or only english?
- If I install CM do my external card (there is only unofficial CM for my phone which installs only on external storage), will I lose my data? And my original OS?
It depends upon user to user, you would have to find the best ROM for yourself (i prefer sammy :) )
You'll get a stock android experience so decide by yourself

Your external sd card and user partition would be reserved (where you store all your songs photos etc) and you would probably have to wipe your system partition in the process. So you'll lose all your apps and settings.
Definitely you'll overwrite your orignal OS or so called ROM but you can flash back to original ROM but it depends, search search and search.

Just search, read stickies before posting, all has been discussed before