[root] Newest rooting+recovery instructions Very Easy!!!

Search This thread

mb_oliver

Sep 27, 2010
This is not working for my original motorola droid with verizon please let me know if you have any suggestions

C

cdexsw

as i said on the 14th post of this thread. Easy Root, Universal AndRoot are no longer able to be used if you upgraded to FRG22D. VZW patched the exploit that allowed these apps to gain root hence the term easy root. ii has been said ALL OVER THE NET!!!!! read the WHOLE THREAD before just trying any app.

if you really want root i recommend using Root Droid 1. I have rooted many devices with this method.

or

you can try " Soup or Root ". I have never tried or used and not endorse it. But it claims to be able to root FRG22D. Use at your own risk.

if you do use the "Soup or Root" app, please report back for others.

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
The easiest way to root frg22d is with Rsd lite, there is no 1click method as of right now, the video of the process does leave a step out so make sure to read as well u can find the instructions at Droid life

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
with what,use rsdlite, follow the instructions, theres a thread for it,when it tells u ure phone is rebooting hold down the x, thats should let u complete the flash,that's the only problem I've found

Sent from my HTC Magic SparksMod using XDA App

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
Used soup or root tonight on my wife's droid. It took a couple tries, but wicked easy.

Been lurking way too long, time to contribute.

cmark4life

Apr 3, 2010
hi i am mark i have tried this and it loads to the place were you tell it to root and it tells me no--- not root what do i do please help if can.... thanks

DEFINITIONOFREAL

Jun 11, 2010
rsdlite process works, I just rooted a Droid 2 days ago, just when the program says rebooting phone hold the x down on your phone, it works I promise

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

acidburnd

Sep 12, 2009
USA
i try now the Soup or Root v2.05 extreme beta rev.1 on motorola droid FRG22D and i root now is working fine for me :eek:

tmk13076

Oct 17, 2010
Will this work for the motorola cliq? If not is there another one click rooting method? thanks

Sep 27, 2010
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
Okay slightly Off topic, but I tried to root my boyfriends droid 1, With another method (super easy one click) and its rooted, but no super user, tried to unroot and says it needs super user to unroot. There is no custom recovery on the phone how can I fix this? I tried to install super user from market but he can't use wifi tether. Please help.
Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

lt37r4

Oct 18, 2010
Hi All,

This is what I've observed in my quest for root.

1. The universal one click root and The super one click root will not work on the droids running FRG22D OTA update from Verizon. They closed the exploit that these rooting methods were using with that last update.

2. I've have been following the developer's thread for the "soup or root" method and it looks like they have been having success with their method for rooting the FRG22D.
You can check it out here at the XDA forums or the android forums.

3. Z4ROOT - This is the method I chose to use on my "Virgin" FRG22D laden MotoDroid 1.
It took a couple of tries to get it to work, but on the second go around it made permanent root.
I subsequently installed "set cpu" and Barnicle wifi tether, both running with out incident.

Hope this helps with some of the confusion I've seen here.

slawson

May 6, 2008
Florida
fastsprintunlock.com
i've updated this to include z4root and some bi-production,
IF YOU NEED TO DOWNGRADE TO ROOT, i have posted in this section you can click on my posts and view the monster files for the flashing, you just need to find rsdlite yourself.

Chuck6993

Nov 14, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
This didn't work to root my friends Droid. The app would just close after obtaining root shell.. We restarted the Droid a few times but it never did work.

I don't know what info will help who ever is rooting there droid.. so i will type all i can find.

Android Version 2.2.1
Baseband version c_01.43.01P
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number FRG83D

I ended up using [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.5 and got it to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my name is slawson [zfxp on irc]
    This is my root guide, how i've rooted every droid i've had so far.

This works with NO COMPUTERS NEEDED!
    Also works on
    2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.1, 2.2

A. Download z4root from market

B. Install and run "z4root", click "permanent root"
    B1. If all goes well it will say you're rooted.

C. Reboot your phone.

D. Open Market find, and install "Rom Manager"
    D1. After Installed open rom manager, and grant su access, now click "Flash recovery rom" it will be the first option in the list.
    D2. it will say Recovery flashed after all options have been selected.
    D3. Download your favorite rom, and copy it to the root of your sd card.

E. Reboot into Recovery
    E1. Wipe data/clear cache
    E2. Install zip from sdcard

F. ENJOY YOUR FLASHED DROID!

Thanks goes out to all the devs who helped make this happen!

Tested working:
    Droid 2.0
    Droid 2.0.1
    Droid 2.1
    Droid 2.2 FRG01B
    Droid 2.2 FRG22D

**Also tested working on htc g1, MyTouch3g v1.2[/SIZE]