[APP][Xposed] XMultiWindow 1.6.0-- Like Omni's Splite View[UPDATE140213]

Search This thread

toot-217

Nov 3, 2012
I think I found a small bug, Quickoffice opens every document on my Nexus 10 on the left / the upper half of my screen, no matter if it's added to the sidebar or not?

jadejarj

Sep 9, 2014
It works jusy perfect but one bug is that we are facing difficulty on touching buttons near to sidebar. . . .

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TenderloinShadow

Dec 30, 2011
how to use

Ive read the instructions in the OP and the app several times and i just dont understand how to get apps added to the sidebar so i can use them in multiwindow.

HTC One M8 running Google Play Edition ROM 4.4.4 Kit Kat

campotino

May 19, 2009
XPosed + XMultiWindows on TAB3 10.1" P5200

Hello gays,
I have got a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" + 3G, GT-P5200
It's possible to use Xposed and XMultiWindows on and stock ROM 4.4.2?
There's someone that test xposed on P5200?

Thank you very much

Chrisis25

Apr 9, 2012
This work fine in wt19a (sony).
Can you add "full view" in options for expand "X" app in the desktop?. I use your app to partitioning my workspace but i like use this for open apps in normal mode.

Other interesant option... Disable with keyboard in front app. I have a problem to touch a/Q/shift jaajaja. (Very usefull for little screens)

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks for your work.

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
I can only open any one workspace while on homescreen other disappears but after closing the current workspace the disappeared one reappears . this happens only while on homescreen. checked with different launchers . android kitkat

drmodify

Dec 31, 2009
Could you make all applications work like they work in Windows?

Use xhalofloatingwindows then bro

It works jusy perfect but one bug is that we are facing difficulty on touching buttons near to sidebar. . . .

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes I would want that to to disable the left side sweep or possibility to transfer it to the right. I hope the developer would work on this. It's been Feb since the last update

Reactions: arsal_93

Raj Rohit

Apr 13, 2012
Bangalore
Big Bug Bro:

Only one window can be selected even if I have opened two Windows..

Due to this... Keyboard opens for only one window(which i open last). It's kinda irritating...

One Modification:
U can add translucent option, this will make it more alive and sxy!

Awesome Work... Keep it up..!

Reactions: 2048bit

Orthnac

Nov 30, 2014
The app doesn't load the apps when i want to add some apps to the bar.
I do not find the issue......
(My phone is rooted and xpose framework is installed).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

sumitmeetjain

Jul 30, 2012
kolkata
sometimes

Some times it starts itself ...dont know how...even havent chosen that apps. Attaching pics...help devs.......!! :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 837
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 824

IllogicalKris

Dec 14, 2014
Works on Slimkat 4.4.4 with very little issues.

Great job!

Edit: After thinking about it for a while, it would probably be better to state what issues I am having...

1) The share menu is dead set on opening in the top workspace. Which is what I don't understand fully but okay.

2) A very minor keyboard issue which has been mentioned before.

3) Some applications refusing to do anything other than stay on the main screen. E.g. Hangouts.

Other than that, it is okay.

Last edited:

mtokeyboard

Dec 18, 2014
working excellent

after little playing, googling , installing XHaloFloatingWindow along, and rebotting and rebotting and rebotting,
NOW WORKING PERFECT as if my dream has come true to use mutiple wndos in andoird :)

WELLDONE DEVELOPERS !!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EXCELLENTEEE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,
LOVE .......... !:D:):):)

erkanea

Jun 13, 2010
No 2 active apps?

Hello,
I loved the idea of this module, installed on my Asus TF701 and managed it to work. But there is something wrong when I open 2 apps. Both of the apps start correctly on the left and right side but only 1 of them is visible.
For example I start Evernote on left, its OK. As soon as I start another app on the right side, Evernote goes invisible just like a rogue. If I alt+tab to evernote, right side app goes invisible. What I need is open and see both of them and take notes while reading.
Anyone has an idea about this issue?
Thanks.

navtab

Mar 29, 2013
Delhi
How do you disable the dual view and go back to
regular view?
Once I set an app to be say on the top, it will always
open that way, how can you return it to normal?
I mean that when i close the split view and start any app normally then either it open in split view or a blank screen. Then it requires to close n open again to use app.
Secondly keyboard issue is there.

Raj Rohit

Apr 13, 2012
Bangalore
Hello,
I loved the idea of this module, installed on my Asus TF701 and managed it to work. But there is something wrong when I open 2 apps. Both of the apps start correctly on the left and right side but only 1 of them is visible.
For example I start Evernote on left, its OK. As soon as I start another app on the right side, Evernote goes invisible just like a rogue. If I alt+tab to evernote, right side app goes invisible. What I need is open and see both of them and take notes while reading.
Anyone has an idea about this issue?
Thanks.

1. Install a module named "FixVisibilityofMultipleNonFullscree" from Xposed Installer.....

2.Enable Module

3. Restart ur mob/tab

4. Hit Thanks

5. Dance with ur cat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a Xposed module, which port omni's splite view to other ROM.

Features:
    *Support splite view and work with two workspace.
    *Switch app into splite view in any situations.
    *Could switch landscape and portrait.
    *Support use SideBar to use.
    *Sidebar Settings.

Note:
    *Now,two workspace is perfect.
    *MIUI user plaes allow floating window.

How to use(please install xposed before):
    *FIRST,click the preference item to open the SideBar.
    *THEN,you can slide from left to right and open SideBar window.
    *AT LAST,you just set the SideBar window position and enjoy splite view.

Test:
    *MIUI work fine.
    *stock rom work fine.

Thanks to:
    *@zst123(I based on his halo float window)

Change Log:
    BETA-1.0.0:
    *base usage.
    *floting window control.

BETA-1.0.1:
    *update display.
    *support instruction.

BETA-1.0.2:
    *fix landscape and portrait.

*fix sub activity'problem,close to perfect(all thanks to zst123)
    *fix other devices' resolution.
    *fix conflict with xhalo and omni and halo and samsung.(i change the flags that diffrent other).

*NEW:add SideBar and earily to use.
    *clean code

1.6.0:
    *NEW:Sidebar update and add Sidebar Settings
    *code clean.

BUG List:
    *some app not work(like fuubo and at present one)
    **if exist two app,and one of them couldn't touch item.

Download page:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.lovewuchin.xposed.xmultiwindow
    MI_20140209_180253.pngdevice-2014-02-08-143352.jpgMI_20140211_213509.jpg

File:
    1.6.0:
    View attachment XMultiWindow.apk
    OK, here is how it worked for me:
    1. Download, install and activate xposed module.
    2. Reboot
    3. Open app from launcher or xposed modules menu.
    4. Go to 'SideBar settings', 'SideBar App settings'
    5. Use the button 'Add' at the top right to select apps you would like to multitask.
    6. After your selection is done, return to main xMultiWindow screen and select 'Open Sidebar'
    At this point, the settings page minimises showing you your launcher.
    Try swiping from the left edge of your screen. A sidebar with the apps you selected should appear.
    To hide the sidebar swipe from the left edge again.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    No download link ? No picture preview ?

Sent from Bandung
    I am newer and uploading now
    Great work dev! Haha. I knew someone will create this!
    I think you should say that this uses the same 0x2000 flag as Halo and will conflict with ROMs with halo.
    Request to use 0x1000 (so it will not conflict and we will have best of both).
    WOW - for a BETA.... it's amazing ! :victory::victory:;);):D:D
    Well done !

Few bug I encounter ( on v1.0.2 )
    1. I can report that some of the latest functions of "xhalofloating window" works on your XmultiWindow, like: close, move, resize etc.
    But I think it is somewhat slower when I combine them together. So the following report was being checked without "xhalo floating window" at all. ( disabled @Xposed level -> restarted to apply the changes )
    2. When my Nexus 7 is being on a landscape CW, I open Xmultiwindow's circle and leaving the "multi app chooser" open -> then I rotate is to landscape CCW -> the "add to left" adding the apps to the right, instead of left. ( right is right, working ok ).
    3. the same happens when 1st on 0 degree portrait, leaving "multi app chooser" open -> rotate 180 deg -> up/down get confused as well.
    4. there's a mismatch in windows size when switching from landscape to portrait (& opposite as well) when 2 app are being used simultaneously.
    ( open 2 app on portrait, then rotate and see ).

Few Requests: :angel:
    1. The ability to control the size of the "circle" launcher, as well as make it hidden like "halo" or "floatification"
    2. The ability to switch sides between 2 open apps.
    3. Disable "Home button" closes all the the opened Xmultiwindow's app, thus need extra button somehow to close a specific Xmultiwindow app running.
    4. Add any app that was opened using Xmultiwindow to the "Recents" screen
    5. Having the ability to choose between "launch app & minimize the "multiapp chooser" and "launch app and leave "multiapp chooser" open"
    6. The "Add to up/down workspace" button is too small in my opinion and It might be better with just an icon/image instead.
    7. Make Xmultiwindow remember the last X,Y that the "multiapp chooser" was moved to, even after OS restart.
    8. The ability of "Auto Hide" the "multiapp chooser" after X sec.
    9. The ability to "auto start" the circle launcher on boot.
    10. The ability to hide the messege "multi app chooser running... " on/off and/or control its on-screen delay till being hide. ( that's minor req ;))
    7. The ability to launch app as Xmultiwindow using the "Recents" screen ( I guess that's too obvious - right ? :eek: )