[Q] how to install CWM using terminal emulator in xperia m C1904 rooted

Search This thread
Sep 3, 2014
Why !

How can i install cwm using terminal emulator,...

I Dont understand why you would want to do that. Fastboot/flashing is a good secure way..:)

But Still if you want to try out without the Computer. i Hear Flashify- On Google Play will do that for you. All you need is the appropriate Image file In this case the CWM image.

I havent tried it yet. But go ahead and let us know :)

iffam

Aug 16, 2014
Ok

I Dont understand why you would want to do that. Fastboot/flashing is a good secure way..:)

But Still if you want to try out without the Computer. i Hear Flashify- On Google Play will do that for you. All you need is the appropriate Image file In this case the CWM image.

I havent tried it yet. But go ahead and let us know :)

give me complete tutorial to install cwm using pc on locked bootloader.

Sep 3, 2014
There You Go !

Can u tell me the steps por flashing cwm usin flashtool on fastboot mode. i got this. (sorry my english, iam from argentina) thanks
View attachment 2933371

FlashTool wont install the CWM it will just help you get into the bootloader mode..

YOU NEED -

1. Fastboot Drivers
2. Proper CWM Image file.
3. USB Debugging Enabled on your phone

What you need is adb drivers and fastboot.. Search for Fastboot drivers for Xperia M. you will get them easily...

After you get them. Unzip them to say C drive. Open up the folder you will something like py_cmd. Open it up.

You will get the terminal Screen (Command Prompt) Also make sure you boot image of cwm is in the same folder.

Connect phone with usb cable

Type in following commands

1. adb devices (Gives you list of devices). your phone should be listed.

2. adb reboot-bootloader (Your phone reboots)

3. fastboot flash boot [the name of your cwm image file].img (file is transfered)

4. fastboot reboot

And Done :)

Put this up in hurry. so if you have any problems ping me !:D

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
FlashTool wont install the CWM it will just help you get into the bootloader mode..

YOU NEED -

1. Fastboot Drivers
2. Proper CWM Image file.
3. USB Debugging Enabled on your phone

What you need is adb drivers and fastboot.. Search for Fastboot drivers for Xperia M. you will get them easily...

After you get them. Unzip them to say C drive. Open up the folder you will something like py_cmd. Open it up.

You will get the terminal Screen (Command Prompt) Also make sure you boot image of cwm is in the same folder.

Connect phone with usb cable

Type in following commands

1. adb devices (Gives you list of devices). your phone should be listed.

2. adb reboot-bootloader (Your phone reboots)

3. fastboot flash boot [the name of your cwm image file].img (file is transfered)

4. fastboot reboot

And Done :)

Put this up in hurry. so if you have any problems ping me !:D

That's only for unlocked bootloader as you can't flash different .img files onto the phone with a locked Bootloader.
OP as of current it is not possible to get CWM on 4.3 with a locked bootloader.

Sam Ruxx

Apr 15, 2015
Patna
I'm running on android. 4.3 not now my recovery has corrupted.... What to do????? I was using Android. 7.1 n nowadays I have been using Android 4.3 stock rom n now again I want to install android 7.1 but my recovery is not oping........ Is there any way to get back recovery without pc

Nicklas Van Dam

Dec 14, 2013
Tangerang
github.com
I'm running on android. 4.3 not now my recovery has corrupted.... What to do????? I was using Android. 7.1 n nowadays I have been using Android 4.3 stock rom n now again I want to install android 7.1 but my recovery is not oping........ Is there any way to get back recovery without pc

what kind recovery did you use it when you're in 4.3? CWM or TWRP? try to use FOTA Recovery (TWRP) if you want to install custom rom for android 5.0.X.