[ROM][Oct 03][DOUBLESHOT] Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Beta

Search This thread

Crkr

Sep 3, 2010
Yea I finally got it working. Thanks, I am really liking this rom a lot. Good work guys.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
This rom is pretty bad ass I must say. It's nice cause this rom is what should have came with this phone and not this crap expresso tmo/htc software.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
Wow, confirmed trackpad wake now works and Genius button mapped to search works. Both of the issues I had last night are now gone!!!!

That was a pretty quick BETA!!!! Great testing UncleSpoon!

The only thing I have left on the wishlist is battery % and themes...which will eventually come!!

Last edited:

chrisch1974

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Wow, confirmed trackpad wake now works and Genius button mapped to search works. Both of the issues I had last night are now gone!!!!

That was a pretty quick BETA!!!! Great testing UncleSpoon!

The only thing I have left on the wishlist is battery % and themes...which will eventually come!!

For themes have a look in the themes under the settings. There are some really nice ones from cypis and he_stheone64.

And I already have an idea how to bring back the real genius button. I will have a look on it tomorrow :D

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
For themes have a look in the themes under the settings. There are some really nice ones from cypis and he_stheone64.

And I already have an idea how to bring back the real genius button. I will have a look on it tomorrow :D

How do i fix the trackpad

Sent from my Supercharged MT4G Slide Running Undead's Senseless ROM using XDA App

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
So to confirm this is sense 3.0 but what r the glitches if any in this rom

Sent from my Supercharged MT4G Slide Running Undead's Senseless ROM using XDA App

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
I for one do not want the genius button. I don't know how others feel? I think g-search is better. Genius Button is nearly bloat to me.

I think a flash-able zip for genius would be better. Hopefully more comments will follow to see what others think. Undeads zip worked great.

Edit: think short press genius button for voice search and long press for search. Not too big of deal. Interested in other peoples opinions.

Last edited:

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
I for one do not want the genius button. I don't know how others feel? I think g-search is better. Genius Button is nearly bloat to me.

I think a flash-able zip for genius would be better. Hopefully more comments will follow to see what others think. Undeads zip worked great.

Does this rom include g search or genius

jenesuispasbavard

Oct 29, 2010
Austin
This is brilliant! Beautiful and so, so smooth. Sense 3.0 runs far better on the MT4GS than it used to on my G2, with a live wallpaper and everything!

Edit: Also, why does it feel like I have a 960x540 screen? Is the text smaller than the DZ/G2/MT4G/DHD Unity or am I imagining it?

Last edited:

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
This is brilliant! Beautiful and so, so smooth. Sense 3.0 runs far better on the MT4GS than it used to on my G2, with a live wallpaper and everything!

Edit: Also, why does it feel like I have a 960x540 screen? Is the text smaller than the DZ/G2/MT4G/DHD Unity or am I imagining it?

It is a totally different feel...that I missed. I am on a Sensation everyday and I have been running Undeads ROM and I DO MISS the all home screens containing the permanent phone, internet, messaging links. That was very useful. Adding that to my wishlist with themes and battery %.

Anthonayy

Oct 25, 2010
Dallas
Videos anyone? I'm contemplating whether I should break out of stock and s-off for this rom. A video would help.

This is true Sense 3.0 right? None of that Expresso overlay stuff?

To be honest, I want the genius button, simply because my phone has the "genius button" on it. Please make it happen Virtuous. :)

And no homescreen rotation support yet? Hopefully there will be soon...

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Guys, go Here for keylayout requests.

Since it's a ROM-independent feature, mostly, we can keep them all in one spot so you don't have to run through every ROM thread to find that one keylayout you really liked.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Everything is running smooth and super fast for me except for the CRT off animation. For some reason that one only runs at proper speed on the Bulletproof ROM so far. This ROM sure has a different feel and little things like scrolling are definitely smoother. I like choices and Virtuous doesn't fall short in that department

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

jenesuispasbavard

Oct 29, 2010
Austin
Everything is running smooth and super fast for me except for the CRT off animation. For some reason that one only runs at proper speed on the Bulletproof ROM so far. This ROM sure has a different feel and little things like scrolling are definitely smoother. I like choices and Virtuous doesn't fall short in that department

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Go to Virtuous Tweaks in Settings to disable the CRT off animation. I have the same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
    md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.
    Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
    Changelog:
    Genius buttom mapped to Search
    Trackpad wake
    Camera portrait mode should be fixed
    Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
    System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
    Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
    Increased battery saving in sleep mode
    Improved scrolling responsiveness
    Fixed black screen after call ends
    Fixed call delay

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Sorry guys that I wasn't here in the last days. But I am/was really busy. Real work, house work, daughter and dog is keeping me from doing some stuff. And the little bit time I had was invested in the 3.5 rom.

But the good thing...my wife comes back on weekend...and the doubleshot device too :D

So I can start to port the rom for you too...and for the question about Unity. We will support the rom in the future too. There are a lot of people which still wants to use it. And I hope we can fix the few bugs on the doubleshot as soon as possible.

And I will make some test with mdj together on the kernel to make it more stable for you.
    Well maybe get a hold of the team....seems they are claiming the Slide is going to be supported but seems to be lacking any work or anything....

Chrish has been working on it, but has been having quite a lot of issues.
    Doubleshot support is going to be one of the top priorities

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    Hi guys. Welcome to the unity family. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk