help me i have only 2 weeks left on my garanti!

Search This thread

Bajotaz

Jan 20, 2011
Timrå
i have the same problem, it won't updates no matter what I do, it says "your device can not be updated via kies" this means go for Odin, and please don't bring us your briked tablette because we aren't responsible for what you did (warranty don't cover rooted tabs)

yeah but there is a software called CheckFusDownloader_v2.x look for it and read what it can do. av tried it but it takes too much time to download the firmware, and I think it can push the update via kies for you (didn't try this thaugh)

good luck

If I helped you, please press the thanks button ;-)

I had that problem "your device can not be updated via kies", but that was resolved by doing the steps in the previous posts.
Now Kies shows my rom as a original samsung rom.

I think the problem is that i (we) run 2.3.3 rom and there are no uppgrade present right now.

small_fish

Jan 8, 2011
Malmö
I had that problem "your device can not be updated via kies", but that was resolved by doing the steps in the previous posts.
Now Kies shows my rom as a original samsung rom.

I think the problem is that i (we) run 2.3.3 rom and there are no uppgrade present right now.

Exactly, i would like to have a stock 2.2 (froyo) rom like the GB_safe_5 to do these steps and then upgrade via kies to ginerbread! coz i am having few problems with my tablet right now, f.ex. today it didn't want to connect to wifi, and when rebooted was always turning off after seconds, untill i put it to the charger...

Bajotaz

Jan 20, 2011
Timrå
Exactly, i would like to have a stock 2.2 (froyo) rom like the GB_safe_5 to do these steps and then upgrade via kies to ginerbread! coz i am having few problems with my tablet right now, f.ex. today it didn't want to connect to wifi, and when rebooted was always turning off after seconds, untill i put it to the charger...

Har du testat: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nearlyfree.apps.tools.nearlyfreegalaxydhcpfix&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5lYXJseWZyZWUuYXBwcy50b29scy5uZWFybHlmcmVlZ2FsYXh5ZGhjcGZpeCJd

ableeker

Nov 20, 2010
I had the same problem, but I fixed it another way. It's not for the faint of heart though.

I had tracked the problem to the Product Code, it had somehow become invalid. The Product Code is set in file /efs/nv_data.bin, and I think Kies reads it from the file, and compares it to the Product Code of the ROM. If they don't match, Kies won't let you upgrade. In my case the code had to be damaged, as Kies was claiming my code was ÿÿÿ.

I checked nv_data.bin and it looked like it had indeed become damaged somehow, as it wasn't 2048 KB, as it's supposed to be, but 2049 KB. The backup .nv_data.bak was was in better shape, I made it the main file, but that didn't work. It too was damaged. The Product Code is set at offset 0x188000. It looked like this:

Code:
FF FF FF FF 4D 50 20 31 2E 32 30 30 00 00 FF FF   ....MP 1.200....
FF FF FF FF FF FF 47 54 2D 50 31 30 30 30 43 57   ......GT-P1000CW
41 50 48 4E 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 50 02 4E 03 4E   APHN.......P.N.N

That's not correct, I know from other people's posts of their Product Codes it should look more like this:

Code:
FF FF FF FF 4D 50 20 31 2E 32 30 30 00 00 FF 50   ....MP 1.200...P
48 4E 00 00 00 00 47 54 2D 50 31 30 30 30 43 57   HN....GT-P1000CW

Note the extra code PHN that should have been there but somehow had been overwritten by 0xFF. That explains the odd code in Kies as 0xFF in ASCII is 'ÿ'. I then edited nv_data.bin in a hex editor on my PC to look like the above, and flashed a Froyo ROM I had found on sammobile.com which luckily had a CSC with the correct code PHN. Unfortunately most ROM's from sammobile don't include the necessary CSC, and neither do the files you can download with fus.nanzen.se.

I finally connected the Tab to the PC, and what do you know, Kies recognised the Tab immediately and updated it to GB 2.3.6 successfully!

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

found the programme, but what does it repair?

To find it you have to remove the space from the link.

It's an app that can fix certain problems with DHCP by releasing and renewing the lease.

Last edited:

small_fish

Jan 8, 2011
Malmö
can you explain to us step by step? i prefer to get froyo and then update to Gingerbread, coz GB is giving me some problems right now!

Bajotaz

Jan 20, 2011
Timrå
I had the same problem, but I fixed it another way. It's not for the faint of heart though.

I had tracked the problem to the Product Code, it had somehow become invalid. The Product Code is set in file /efs/nv_data.bin, and I think Kies reads it from the file, and compares it to the Product Code of the ROM. If they don't match, Kies won't let you upgrade. In my case the code had to be damaged, as Kies was claiming my code was ÿÿÿ.

I checked nv_data.bin and it looked like it had indeed become damaged somehow, as it wasn't 2048 KB, as it's supposed to be, but 2049 KB. The backup .nv_data.bak was was in better shape, I made it the main file, but that didn't work. It too was damaged. The Product Code is set at offset 0x188000. It looked like this:

Code:
FF FF FF FF 4D 50 20 31 2E 32 30 30 00 00 FF FF   ....MP 1.200....
FF FF FF FF FF FF 47 54 2D 50 31 30 30 30 43 57   ......GT-P1000CW

That's not correct, I know from other people's posts of their Product Codes it should look more like this:

Code:
FF FF FF FF 4D 50 20 31 2E 32 30 30 00 00 FF 50   ....MP 1.200...P
48 4E 00 00 00 00 47 54 2D 50 31 30 30 30 43 57   HN....GT-P1000CW

Note the extra code PHN that should have been there but somehow had been overwritten by 0xFF. That explains the odd code in Kies as 0xFF in ASCII is 'ÿ'. I then edited nv_data.bin in a hex editor on my PC to look like the above, and flashed a Froyo ROM I had found on sammobile.com which luckily had a CSC with the correct code PHN. Unfortunately most ROM's from sammobile don't include the necessary CSC, and neither do the files you can download with fus.nanzen.se.

I finally connected the Tab to the PC, and what do you know, Kies recognised the Tab immediately and updated it to GB 2.3.6 successfully!

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

To find it you have to remove the space from the link.

It's an app that can fix certain problems with DHCP by releasing and renewing the lease.

In my file i have:
00187ffa ..........M
00188005 P 1.200..GI
00188010 TV....GT-P1
0018801b 000CWAITV

Sooo... if i understand this correctly i have a italian based rom?
If i change the ITV to NEE then Kies will see my rom as a Nordic rom??

ableeker

Nov 20, 2010
In my file i have:
00187ffa ..........M
00188005 P 1.200..GI
00188010 TV....GT-P1
0018801b 000CWAITV

Sooo... if i understand this correctly i have a italian based rom?
If i change the ITV to NEE then Kies will see my rom as a Nordic rom??

ITV is indeed the product code for an Italian Tab. Probably flashed with the Overcome Safe Stock v5, which was created from the Italian JQ1?

I think Kies will compare the code for the Tab with the code for the ROM, and it will only allow you to update if the codes match. If they don't match you get the infamous Can't update device error message. I also think the file /efs/nv_data.bin holds the product code for the Tab, and flashing a new ROM shouldn't overwrite this file.

I think the code for the ROM is in the CSC file, but unfortunately most ROM's - not even the files you can download with FUS - don't include the CSC. I was lucky enough to find a JMK Froyo ROM on sammobile that included the PHN CSC for my region.

In my case restoring the Tab to full compatibility with Kies is pretty simple: all I have to do is flash the JMK Froyo with PHN CSC. The code contained in this CSC matches the code for the Tab, so Kies will update the Tab to GB 2.3.6.

Last time I tried this it failed because somehow nv_data.bin had been damaged. So to make Kies recognise my Tab again I had to repair nv_data.bin as described above. With the proper code restored I then flashed back to the PHN ROM for my region and let Kies update it.

This works for me, but I'm not 100% sure all of this correct. Does flashing a ROM overwrite nv_data.bin? And if so, shouldn't it possible to restore a product code just by flashing a ROM with the correct code? This unfortunately didn't work for me, I had to repair nv_data.bin first. Anyway I think it shouldn't overwrite it normally, because nv_data.bin also contains the IMEI. But why then does your Tab have an Italian code?

Does anybody know what exactly is going on with the product code?

Anyway, if I'm correct you could try changing ITV to NEE in nv_data.bin, and then flashing an NEE ROM. Maybe that will make Kies recognise the Tab even without CSC?

Last edited:

small_fish

Jan 8, 2011
Malmö
Bajotaz:do u have nordic CSC files? can u give me a link to download them?
ableeker: can u give us a newbi guide for the process!

Last edited:

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Perhaps i found another possibility for your problem
Here is a little patcher program you can try:
- start Kies, connect Tab, start patcher, enable spoof true
- in "Spoof Product Code as" dropdown select NEE (or other nordic version?), select it from dorpdown, not write it in with keyboard
- then tick write registry
change back to kies itself and klick: update firmware...

Et voila it works.....hoepfully :)

Attachments

• Kies_Registry_Patcher_v.1.7.0.0.rar
    337.1 KB · Views: 9
  • jpy-i9000.jpg
    jpy-i9000.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: sos_sifou

ableeker

Nov 20, 2010
- in "Spoof Product Code as" dropdown select NEE (or other nordic version?), select it from dorpdown, not write it in with keyboard

If GB_Stock_Safe_v5 has codes for more countries, and yours is one of them, it's best to restock to it and to dial *#272*IMEI#*, where IMEI is not the word, but your 15-digit IMEI. This will allow you to select your code.

If you've got a ROM with the CSC for your country, you should first make sure your product code is correct for your country, and then you can flash the correct CSC with the ROM with ODIN.

If your product code is incorrect (like mine was), you should restore the backup of nv_data.bin (.nv_data.bak) in folder /efs. If that doesn't work, or you don't have a backup, and you know your nv_data.bin is damaged, you can try to repair it by hex editing it, like I have described above. This however probably shouldn't be done if you're not sure you know what you're doing, as it may among others damage your IMEI, preventing you not only from upgrading via Kies, but possibly also causing the Tab to be unable to call or use a data connection.

You can also try rodman01's method. I haven't tried it, but ir sounds promising.

Last edited:

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
no easy way. You have to do something.
My first "full backup" was using "rotobackup" method but that requires rooting.

The most common one using Nandroid backup requires CWM recovery (hence flash a kernel).

Even Titanium Backup requires root.

You are better off securing a copy of your stock rom if you can find one first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=1&t=1

Here are letter code for every country. Pick your country code and then serch on same site your latest firmware' download and installit on your tab.

BAU = SWEDEN BCN = SWEDEN BME = SWEDEN BSG = SWEDEN BTH = SWEDEN COV = SWEDEN HTS = SWEDEN SEN = SWEDEN TET = SWEDEN TLA = SWEDEN XEE = SWEDEN VDS = SWEDEN TNO = SWEDEN

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
    Jag fick det att fungera

Jag hade samma problem.

Det löste sig för mig när jag först flashade GB-Stock-Safe-v5.zip
    Gick in i recovery mode och Wipe user/factory reset.
    Sedan flashade jag en zip från programmet CheckFusDownloader_v2.1, efter det så flashade jag om GB-Stock-Safe-v5.zip igen, efter ytterligare en wipe user/factory reset.

I CheckFusDownloader_v2.1 väljer man bara: Android, GT-P1000 och Nordic countries - GT-P1000CWANEE
    Laddar ner filen och flashar den med Odin3 1.85

Filen från CheckFusDownloader_v2.1 gör så att tangentbordet bara ger "Null" oavsett vad man skriver, men det har ingen betydelse när man inte behöver den i mer än en omstart.

Efter det så har jag tillbaka all info så att kies 2.0 fungerar fint igen.