Enable AWS band (3g/4g Tmobile) on ATT Note 2 stock baseband

Search This thread

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011
Method 1:

Easiest method to enable AWS and DC HSPA (42Mbps) is to restore the attached qcn backup on ATT note 2. Use software download tool in QPST to restore the attached qcn file.

Restoring qcn will not change your imei, so be worry free and restore :) Thanks to TEKHD for sharing the T889 qcn backup.

If you face issues with data rate and stability, restore your device original qcn on top and change the value of 01877 to 115868544 in NV browser of QXDM or use 80 03 E8 06 in the text file and write it to device. DC HSPA or 42 Mbps will be disabled after this

Thanks to Arrio for helping me remove imei from qcn file. I have attached my note 2 qcn backup.

Now it should be piece of cake for all :)

How to posted by Joogle

1. Download and Install QPST, version 2.7 build 374 or higher

2. Go to hidden menu on phone, dial *#7284#

3. Once in Menu choose the option for USBSettingsMenu, then choose the option RNDIS+DM+MODEM.

4. Hook up the phone to the PC via USB at this time if you haven't already. This option works on STOCK TOUCHWIZ.

5. Go to your PC Control Panel. We need to get into the Device Manager to determine where your phone is being recognized as far as the COM ports. For this, go to System -> Device Manager (on the left) or System -> Hardware -> Device Manager (depends on your Control Panel setup). Anyways, scroll down to Ports (may say Ports & LTP, Serial, depends on version). Anyways, find your phone under it, and take note of the COM# (mine was COM9, yours can and probably will vary). If you have exclamation marks anywhere then install the Samsung drivers and try again.

6. Now go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> QPST -> QPST Configuration

7. Click on the Ports tab. Click on Add New Port, then add your Port# where it says Port and name it something you can remember. Hit OK.

8. Now click on Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Backup tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If its not, hit Browse, choose the COM that is your phone, and hit OK. Now where it says QCN File, hit Browse, find a safe spot to store your backup on your PC, and name it. Hit OK. Now hit Start. Make sure backup gets to 100% with no errors.

9. Go back into QPST. Go to Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Restore tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If not, browse to the appropriate COM port.

10. Choose the QCN backup in the first post of this thread. Click Start, let it finish. Phone should reboot. If it fails rebooting, just do a manual reboot. First boot will take a bit, let it do its thing.

Messing with NV parameters can brick your device.

Attachments

• ATT_I317_AWSMOD_dumimei.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 17,846
Last edited:

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
Once the NV's are enabled, it cannot be disabled so be careful.

Does that mean if we enable NV's (which basically enables AWS), we wont be able to disable AWS and go back to At&t GSM or ? Or once we enable NV we can use both at&t and T-Mobile Sims?

Also have you tested this method with T-Mobile SIM? High data speed, low data speed?

I would love to be able to use my Note with AWS band network (Wind mobile in Canada), but instructions are way beyond my understanding :laugh:. Will wait for easier instructions if they get posted.

Thanks for your work.

Reactions: spiceguy

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
Does that mean if we enable NV's (which basically enables AWS), we wont be able to disable AWS and go back to At&t GSM or ? Or once we enable NV we can use both at&t and T-Mobile Sims?

Also have you tested this method with T-Mobile SIM? High data speed, low data speed?

I would love to be able to use my Note with AWS band network (Wind mobile in Canada), but instructions are way beyond my understanding :laugh:. Will wait for easier instructions if they get posted.

Thanks for your work.

That's as easy as it gets, and yes it will unlock those bands permanently along side the AT&T bands.

cephasara

May 8, 2008
Follow up Qs

1) Thank you so much for posting how to do this.

2) Yeah, I second ruinkhan; Do you know if AWS is still 21mbps or 42mbps like the T889?

3) Is enabling AWS on the N7100 or N7105 possible? How about on CDMA models with SIM slots and GSM support unlocked (such as Verizon i605 or US Cellular R950)?

Last edited:

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011

Thanks for your work.

Use of AWS can be disabled by changing one of the NV item, but all enabled parameters remain active. This does not cause any problem with the device working. It would work as any stock ATT note 2.

Yes you can use any SIM or network that support these radio bands (UMTS 1,2,4,5 and Quad band GSM)
I am using a T-Mobile sim and I do get around 8 Mbps download speed and 3 to 4 Mbps upload.

Ya I agree the instruction are bit complicated :D

Reactions: ddots

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011
1) Thank you so much for posting how to do this.

2) Yeah, I second ruinkhan; Do you know if AWS is still 21mbps or 42mbps like the T889?

3) Is enabling AWS on the N7100 or N7105 possible? How about on CDMA models with SIM slots and GSM support unlocked (such as Verizon i605 or US Cellular R950)?

I am working on 42 Mbps, with the posted NV backup, even 42 Mbps NV items are included. My note 2 does inform network about 42 Mbps support when enabled but I dont see any change in download speed. I guess the network does not like something.

Yes it should be possible on N7100 or N7105, as all have the same Qualcomm 9215 baseband chip. But I am not sure if they have the right RF related hardware.

Reactions: ruinkhan

cbqfly

Jul 20, 2008
the instructions for nv backup says to select rmnet+dm+modem. i do not see that option in there. are you suppose to choose a different option for the note 2? any issues of doing this on a canadian i317m?

thanks

Reactions: ellesmeer

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011
the instructions for nv backup says to select rmnet+dm+modem. i do not see that option in there. are you suppose to choose a different option for the note 2? any issues of doing this on a canadian i317m?

thanks
On my ATT Note 2 I can see that option, what options do you see?

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
I will do this tonight with my I317, can anyone post a more clear set of instructions? I already have the T-Mobile ROM posted on the AT&T dev section as well as the AT&T ROM on T-Mobile's dev section... This is a huge discovery... I mean huge... Please, anyone care to elaborate on this... Better instructions... I have both the T889 and the I317... And I will test this as soon as there is a better guide... Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
I will do this tonight with my I317, can anyone post a more clear set of instructions? I already have the T-Mobile ROM posted on the AT&T dev section as well as the AT&T ROM on T-Mobile's dev section... This is a huge discovery... I mean huge... Please, anyone care to elaborate on this... Better instructions... I have both the T889 and the I317... And I will test this as soon as there is a better guide... Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Indeed this a huge plus for our At&t Note. I wasnt expecting this to be done this early, but the man did it. My hands are now itching to try this and save $50 a month by switching to AWS network. I would really love to see easier instructions [not all of us hackers ;) ]

Reactions: gigantor737

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011
the options i see are
mtp
mto+adb
ptp
ptp+adb
rndis+dm+modem
dm+modem+adb

just found out i can select any mode with DM

thanx
select rndis+dm+modem, sorry but that is the option on my ATT note 2 also :D
Yes you can select any mode with DM (Diag mode) which enables the diagnostic port to the baseband.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruinkhan

Bestplayer55

Dec 21, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
What is the use of this? I dont get it yet lol. Btw i seem when my note display 3g the internet dosnt work i need wait seconds to display h or h+ and then works. Is that normal?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
What is the use of this? I dont get it yet lol. Btw i seem when my note display 3g the internet dosnt work i need wait seconds to display h or h+ and then works. Is that normal?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

It allows people that have At&t Note 2 to use their device with T-Mobile's 1700 frequency band (or 2100 if there is).
In Canada its a big big plus as it allows people like me to be:

1.Free from 3 year contract
2.Have a GSM phone that can be used with AWS network as well.
3.Get a $40 Unlimited Voice/Text/Unlimited Data (10 data cap lol) plan. Of course No LTE or 42mbps speeds.

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
sjravi, perhaps these NV backups would be of interest for comparison purposes. I got these in the course of trying to flash back the stock modem on my T889V, which it currently bootloops with.

My phone is currently stuck with the I317M modem, has 850, 1900 and AWS HSPA in addition to LTE. Barring any inaccuracies in the Ookla Speedtest app, it also has DC-HSPA. (The phone clocked at 26 Mbps on HSPA during one of my tests.)

There's a stock T-Mobile T889, stock Videotron T889V and my post-repair, I317M modem-running T889V backup in there.

Attachments

• NV_items.7z
    111.5 KB · Views: 878

TEKHD

Things needed:
1> NV back up tool from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804117
2> NV backup from my note 2 attached in this post (without IMEI: nv item 550)
3> NV backup of your device

Its also good to take NV backup using QPST tool before changing anything on the device.

First take a NV backup of your device using the tool mentioned above. NV parameters from 0 to 7225 are needed.
Compare NV param file in this post with your device's to find the needed NV parameters for AWS.( I do not have original NV backup of my device else I would have posted the list. If someone is interested to make a list, it can be added to the post.)

Before restoring nv backup, the AWS NV parameters should to be enabled/B]

The additional NV's that are needed, to enable AWS band are disable/not present and the nv tool does not write these even if the restore file has them. This is what I noticed when I tried to restore. So had to enable all the required parameters using NV browser in QXDM.

Once the NV's are enabled, it cannot be disabled so be careful.
To enable just select the NV item and click write in NV browser and this has to be done for all the needed nv parameters.
Does anybody know a work around to avoid this manual work?

Once all the parameters are enabled the NV file in this post can be restored on to your device to enable AWS.

Okay, From this point on... I am lost...

"So had to enable all the required parameters using NV browser in QXDM"

nv_browser.png

sjravi

Feb 25, 2011
Okay, From this point on... I am lost...

"So had to enable all the required parameters using NV browser in QXDM"

nv_browser.png

NV manager is very old tool and not supported by note 2, so you cannot use it.

Use NV browser in QXDM (last version found online 3.12.724), which you can google to get it.
Once you have installed it. Run QXDM professional
Go to Options > Communications: Here you should see 2 ports for the phone one is modem port and the other diagnostic port.
Select diagnostic port. Check out the attached screenshots

After you have the NV browser open. Select the NV item that needs to be enabled and click "write" this will write the value "0". Hope this helps.

Attachments

• qxdm.zip
    231 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited:

TEKHD

NV manager is very old tool and not supported by note 2, so you cannot use it.

Use NV browser in QXDM (last version found online 3.12.724), which you can google to get it.
Once you have installed it. Run QXDM professional
Go to Options > Communications: Here you should see 2 ports for the phone one is modem port and the other diagnostic port.
Select diagnostic port. Check out the attached screenshots

After you have the NV browser open. Select the NV item that needs to be enabled and click "write" this will write the value "0". Hope this helps.

Man, don't make us suffer... post the tool and the whatever that needs to be enabled... lol

EDIT... got the tool... Attaching it here...

EDIT AGAIN... no, is not working on windows 7/8 ... is for xp... damn... any version for windows 7 or windows 8?

XP Version here:

http://tekhd.com/downloads/QXDM_3.12.714_winxp.rar

When installing it says requires Internet Explorer 6 or higher... lol...I have version 10

let me see if I can bypass that message... by extracting .msi file via command promp...

-> Update... Extracted the damn .msi... but the exe files don't run... So... I have to install XP now?

-> Update 2... got it running in compatibility XP mode... see picture... now what? lol

QXDM.png

-> Select the NV item that needs to be enabled and click "write" this will write the value "0" ??????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method 1:

Easiest method to enable AWS and DC HSPA (42Mbps) is to restore the attached qcn backup on ATT note 2. Use software download tool in QPST to restore the attached qcn file.

Restoring qcn will not change your imei, so be worry free and restore :) Thanks to TEKHD for sharing the T889 qcn backup.

If you face issues with data rate and stability, restore your device original qcn on top and change the value of 01877 to 115868544 in NV browser of QXDM or use 80 03 E8 06 in the text file and write it to device. DC HSPA or 42 Mbps will be disabled after this

Thanks to Arrio for helping me remove imei from qcn file. I have attached my note 2 qcn backup.

Now it should be piece of cake for all :)

How to posted by Joogle

1. Download and Install QPST, version 2.7 build 374 or higher

2. Go to hidden menu on phone, dial *#7284#

3. Once in Menu choose the option for USBSettingsMenu, then choose the option RNDIS+DM+MODEM.

4. Hook up the phone to the PC via USB at this time if you haven't already. This option works on STOCK TOUCHWIZ.

5. Go to your PC Control Panel. We need to get into the Device Manager to determine where your phone is being recognized as far as the COM ports. For this, go to System -> Device Manager (on the left) or System -> Hardware -> Device Manager (depends on your Control Panel setup). Anyways, scroll down to Ports (may say Ports & LTP, Serial, depends on version). Anyways, find your phone under it, and take note of the COM# (mine was COM9, yours can and probably will vary). If you have exclamation marks anywhere then install the Samsung drivers and try again.

6. Now go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> QPST -> QPST Configuration

7. Click on the Ports tab. Click on Add New Port, then add your Port# where it says Port and name it something you can remember. Hit OK.

8. Now click on Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Backup tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If its not, hit Browse, choose the COM that is your phone, and hit OK. Now where it says QCN File, hit Browse, find a safe spot to store your backup on your PC, and name it. Hit OK. Now hit Start. Make sure backup gets to 100% with no errors.

9. Go back into QPST. Go to Start Clients -> Software Download. Click on the Restore tab. Make sure your phone is listed under Port. If not, browse to the appropriate COM port.

10. Choose the QCN backup in the first post of this thread. Click Start, let it finish. Phone should reboot. If it fails rebooting, just do a manual reboot. First boot will take a bit, let it do its thing.

I solved my own problem after 3 hours of trial and error. For those people having "no phone connected" issue with QPST. follow the following steps.

1. dial *#9090#
    2. select [2]DM/DUN over HSIC
    3. phone automaticlly reboots.
    4. QPST should detect the Note 2.
    So I'm about ready to pull the trigger but wanted some clarification due to conflicting reports in this thread.

I've read that if you are not in an LTE area, the phone will default to edge, even in refarmed 1900mhz areas. Can someone elaborate, confirm, or deny? Thanks. (BTW I'm referring to T-Mobile)

No.

1. If you were take the phone out of the box (assuming it was unlocked), and even if you never rooted it or attempted this mod, you would get T-Mobile LTE in areas where it's available. The phone's hardware natively supports 700/AWS (1700/2100) MHz for LTE. You can use http://ltemap.org/tmobile to check if you're in or near a T-Mobile LTE area. It's a non-official, crowd-sourced map.

2. In line with the above, if you do not apply this mod on the phone, you WOULD get HSPA+ (up to 21 Mbps, not 42 Mbps DC-HSPA+) in areas where 1900 MHz T-Mobile spectrum is available and running. These are referred to "refarmed" areas. You can use http://airportal.de to check if you are in or near one. It's a non-official, crowd-sourced map.

3. What applying this mod does is turn on the already-supported (software-disabled) AWS bands (1700/2100 MHz) for HSPA+ ("4G"), so that you don't need to be in a refarmed area to get normal T-Mobile data speeds. It additionally turns on DC-HSPA+, which won't do anything for your speeds on AT&T, but will allow you to reach up to 42 Mbps on T-Mobile.

This mod is completely undetectable and doesn't even require root or a custom ROM. You will need to reapply it, though, every time you flash a modem, whether it's a different one or the same one.

Aside from some minor unrelated hardware differences, the AT&T and T-Mobile Note 2 are the exact same phone. Here's why you need to apply the mod. Out of the box:

AT&T Note 2: HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100 MHz - The 1700 MHz for HSPA+ is there but turned off by the modem.

T-Mobile Note 2: HSPA+ 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz, LTE: 700/1700/2100 MHz

In the modem memory area, there are various "on-off" switches for different things. The T-Mobile Note 2 has AWS turned on, while the AT&T Note 2 has the same option, with the setting turned off. This area of memory is called NV Memory. The reason you have to reapply this mod every time is because the settings are defined by the modem, and flashing or reflashing a modem on an AT&T Note 2 will revert it to OFF. All this "mod" is, is restoring a backup of the T-Mobile Note 2 modem settings on an AT&T Note 2 to turn the option ON.
    Anybody have a working link for QTSP or QXDM?

So the tool that is needed to flash the zip file or restore current backup is QXDM?

thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

I'll put them up on my anonymous ftp server for you. Just give it a few to upload as my server is co-located at a different location than I am at, so I have to upload to it.

ftp://www.industrial-logic.com
    No need to Follow this method anymore.
    There is a much simplified method if you follow OP
    Go back to 1st post and follow instructions

Here is what I did to enable AWS on my Rogers note 2:]
    I'm not responsible if you brick your device. Follow instructions at your own discretion.

Also please dont forget to thank sjravi for his fantastic workthat enabled us to use AWS band.

1. Download and back up NV files via NV writer+reader. Also make sure that you Samsung drivers are installed on your PC.

2. Google for QXDM Professional (I have 3.12.714 on Win7 64bit) & QPST (QPST is required to run QXDM, so make sure you download both programs).

3.Back up qcn file via QPST.(If something goes wrong you can just restore you qcn backup to get your phone back to functioning state) Here is the link on how to backup your qcn

4. Download note2_aws_nv.zip (created by sjravi and I have also downloaded nv aftr qxdm removed imei.zip by Manni.k

Note: you can use either one of them, you dont need both. Personally for me Manni.k's text file worked.

5.Then after downloading NV backup text file (in my case it was nv aftr qxdm removed imei.zip) I have changed the line 01877 in text file to look like this :

01877 (0x0755) - OK
    80 03 E8 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | €.è.............
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | ................
    basically added 80 03 E8 06 according to this post
    After changing that, I saved the file on my desktop. (you will need this modified text file later to restore via NV reader/writer tool)

6.So now I moved to QXDM and QPST tools. First you need to make sure that you have added your usb port in QPST. Follow this instruction (Step 1 to 9) to add a port (as QXDM will not work if you dont add it).
    Note that after adding a diagnostic port you might see your phone name as ???. Dont worry.

7.Now you need to add above diagnostic port in QXDM. Use this zip by sjravi and follw instruction. Also after adding your device port go ahead and open NV browser (check the zip for instruction).

8. You will need to manually enable these lines in NV browser. Simply click on the number and hit write (bottom right corner), wait till it says NV Written. If it says No response or No diagnostic response received, then keep hitting Write until you see NV Written. Check spoiler below for the NV parameters that need to be enabled. You will need to enable all of them in NV browser..

00719 (0x02CF)
    00720 (0x02D0)
    00912 (0x0390)
    01014 (0x03F6)
    01305 (0x0519)
    01940 (0x0794)
    01943 (0x0797)
    02512 (0x09D0)
    03995 (0x0F9B)
    03996 (0x0F9C)
    03997 (0x0F9D)
    03998 (0x0F9E)
    03999 (0x0F9F)
    04000 (0x0FA0)
    04001 (0x0FA1)
    04002 (0x0FA2)
    04003 (0x0FA3)
    04004 (0x0FA4)
    04005 (0x0FA5)
    04006 (0x0FA6)
    04007 (0x0FA7)
    04008 (0x0FA8)
    04009 (0x0FA9)
    04010 (0x0FAA)
    04013 (0x0FAD)
    04015 (0x0FAF)
    04016 (0x0FB0)
    04018 (0x0FB2)
    04019 (0x0FB3)
    04020 (0x0FB4)
    04021 (0x0FB5)
    04025 (0x0FB9)
    04026 (0x0FBA)
    04027 (0x0FBB)
    04028 (0x0FBC)
    04029 (0x0FBD)
    04030 (0x0FBE)
    04033 (0x0FC1)
    04034 (0x0FC2)
    04035 (0x0FC3)
    04036 (0x0FC4)
    04038 (0x0FC6)
    04039 (0x0FC7)
    04040 (0x0FC8)
    04041 (0x0FC9)
    04042 (0x0FCA)
    04043 (0x0FCB)
    04044 (0x0FCC)
    04045 (0x0FCD)
    04046 (0x0FCE)
    04047 (0x0FCF)
    04048 (0x0FD0)
    04049 (0x0FD1)
    04050 (0x0FD2)
    04051 (0x0FD3)
    04052 (0x0FD4)
    04053 (0x0FD5)
    04054 (0x0FD6)
    04055 (0x0FD7)
    04056 (0x0FD8)
    04059 (0x0FDB)
    04060 (0x0FDC)
    04061 (0x0FDD)
    04062 (0x0FDE)
    04063 (0x0FDF)
    04064 (0x0FE0)
    04065 (0x0FE1)
    04066 (0x0FE2)
    04067 (0x0FE3)
    04068 (0x0FE4)
    04069 (0x0FE5)
    04070 (0x0FE6)
    04071 (0x0FE7)
    04072 (0x0FE8)
    04073 (0x0FE9)
    04074 (0x0FEA)
    04075 (0x0FEB)
    04076 (0x0FEC)
    04077 (0x0FED)
    04078 (0x0FEE)
    04079 (0x0FEF)
    04080 (0x0FF0)
    04081 (0x0FF1)
    04082 (0x0FF2)
    04083 (0x0FF3)
    04084 (0x0FF4)
    04085 (0x0FF5)
    04086 (0x0FF6)
    04087 (0x0FF7)
    04088 (0x0FF8)
    04089 (0x0FF9)
    04090 (0x0FFA)
    04091 (0x0FFB)
    04092 (0x0FFC)
    04093 (0x0FFD)
    04094 (0x0FFE)
    04095 (0x0FFF)
    04096 (0x1000)
    04099 (0x1003)
    04112 (0x1010)
    04113 (0x1011)
    04114 (0x1012)
    04115 (0x1013)
    04141 (0x102D)
    04142 (0x102E)
    04143 (0x102F)
    04144 (0x1030)
    04145 (0x1031)
    04146 (0x1032)
    04147 (0x1033)
    04148 (0x1034)
    04149 (0x1035)
    04150 (0x1036)
    04151 (0x1037)
    04152 (0x1038)
    04153 (0x1039)
    04154 (0x103A)
    04155 (0x103B)
    04156 (0x103C)
    04167 (0x1047)
    04168 (0x1048)
    04429 (0x114D)
    04492 (0x118C)
    04493 (0x118D)
    04495 (0x118F)
    04496 (0x1190)
    04497 (0x1191)
    04499 (0x1193)
    04500 (0x1194)
    04501 (0x1195)
    04503 (0x1197)
    04504 (0x1198)
    04505 (0x1199)
    04507 (0x119B)
    04508 (0x119C)
    04510 (0x119E)
    04511 (0x119F)
    04516 (0x11A4)
    04517 (0x11A5)
    04518 (0x11A6)
    04519 (0x11A7)
    04520 (0x11A8)
    04724 (0x1274)
    04725 (0x1275)
    04726 (0x1276)
    04728 (0x1278)
    04729 (0x1279)
    04730 (0x127A)
    04731 (0x127B)
    04732 (0x127C)
    04734 (0x127E)
    04950 (0x1356)
    04951 (0x1357)
    04952 (0x1358)
    05050 (0x13BA)
    05056 (0x13C0)
    05062 (0x13C6)
    05099 (0x13EB)
    05100 (0x13EC)
    05107 (0x13F3)
    05462 (0x1556)
    05468 (0x155C)
    05474 (0x1562)
    05598 (0x15DE)
    06486 (0x1956)
    07167 (0x1BFF)
    07169 (0x1C01)
    07171 (0x1C03)
    07173 (0x1C05)
    07175 (0x1C07)
    07177 (0x1C09)
    07207 (0x1C27)
    07209 (0x1C29)
    07211 (0x1C2B)
    07213 (0x1C2D)
    07215 (0x1C2F)
    07217 (0x1C31)

Also go to line 01877 in NV browser hit read and change the input number to 115868544 then hit Write. Make sure you get a response saying "NV Written". You can verify if it changed successfully by hitting read again and now input should say 115868544.

9.Now go back to NV Writer + Reader tool and restore modified NV text file that you saved on your desktop (Not your actual NV backup, but the one you downloaded and modified line 01877). Remember NV writer + Reader tool will keep saying device does not respond or connect. Be stubborn and keep trying to restore, you will eventually succeed (at least I had this problem).

Reboot your phone, insert T-Mobile or Wind Mobile SIM and go to Settings-->More Settings--->Mobile Networks and choose your desired network operator manually. (assuming you have already unlocked your phone , if not use this method to unlock. It worked for me.)
    Also make sure you have correct APN addedto be able to use internet.
    Even after adding correct APN I still had no data, so I turned off Data toggle in notification panel and turned it on. I got H+ right away :).

If you experience issues just restore your qcn backup via QPST and start all over again.

For Canadian users if you have Wnd Mobile add the following APN:

If you have voice & data plan add internet.windmobile.ca
    If you have data only plan such as usb stick then add broadband.windmobile.ca

I was in the same situation as most of you are at the moment. Was very confused so thats why I decided to share my little noobish experience with you. Dont blame me if I missed something or if your phone blew up. I'm just as noob as you :)