[Q] Please help me remove SuperSu from stock

Search This thread

hoekzemaar

Oct 20, 2012
Hi

I have been searching everywhere and tried loads but i cant seem to get rid of the supersu app.

I unlocked the phone via HTCDev, installed TWRP and made a system backup. After this i have been using a custom rom and kernel and now i want to sell the phone and go back to 100% stock.

I have gone into TWRP and restored my backup assuming this would be stock. I then noticed i still had SuperSU installer on the phone. So i rooted he phone again and slected complete unroot in the app and then did a factory reset. Unfortunately supersu keeps coming back.....,

I hope someone can help me get rid of this app for good so it doesnt appear again when doing a factory reset

Thanks

Frank

SageNTitled

May 25, 2013
You could've just removed SuperSU using the file manager in TWRP. Just make sure you mount the system folder in TWRP first.

mshahjamali

Oct 11, 2017
Supersu Removal

I have similar problem. My first trial of rooting Kindle 1st gen was not successful and now I cannot do anything because the Supersu can't be removed even after factory reset and now it does not work with any other rooting method. How can I remove supersu from this tablet?
If i can remove that , all my problem will be solved and I can install a custom ROM. I really appreciate any help. Thank you.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I have similar problem. My first trial of rooting Kindle 1st gen was not successful and now I cannot do anything because the Supersu can't be removed even after factory reset and now it does not work with any other rooting method. How can I remove supersu from this tablet?
If i can remove that , all my problem will be solved and I can install a custom ROM. I really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Several pieces of advice here:

1) This section/thread is specific to the HTC One (M8). Each Android device has it's own specific nuances and differences. Following advice intended for other Android devices is not the best idea, and may even result in damage to your advice. It's best to get specific advice in your specific device forum.

I can give some general advice (below) but again, it's best to seek advice from those experienced with your specific device:

2) You also seem to be confused about that a "factory reset" means. All a factory reset does, is wipe user data (apps, settings, etc.). It actually doesn't magically restore the ROM, or even touch the partitions associated with the ROM (system and kernel). And root is achieved on a system/kernel level. Since a factory reset doesn't touch those partitions, it is therefore not the proper way to unroot.

There are a number of possible ways to unroot, but again you should seek specific advice form other Kindle owners. Typically, you can restore a TWRP backup of the stock ROM, which you should always make before you root. Alternately, SuperSU (depending on the version) has the ability within the SuperSU app itself to remove root (unroot). Another alternative, is that there may be official stock recovery images available from the manufacturer, that will allow you to return to stock (and therefore unroot).

3) You need to properly unroot before you can try another root method. That is a pretty universal rule of thumb, and should be expected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RUU hasn't been released.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app