trying to get encryption to work

Search This thread

gbonawitz

Dec 18, 2010
I've been trying to get encryption to work for a while now, but have had no luck. I remember reading somewhere that it was a problem with the version of recovery, but I've now tried the last CWM and TWRP recoveries without any success.

Has anyone been able to encrypt their S4 with Hyperdrive loaded, or is the only solution to go back to stock?

Thanks

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I've been trying to get encryption to work for a while now, but have had no luck. I remember reading somewhere that it was a problem with the version of recovery, but I've now tried the last CWM and TWRP recoveries without any success.

Has anyone been able to encrypt their S4 with Hyperdrive loaded, or is the only solution to go back to stock?

Thanks

What's your base build?

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

gbonawitz

Dec 18, 2010
What's your base build?

I'm using RLS 16.1. (I had also tried with the prior release and had the same problems).

I should have included in the original posting that when I say that it doesn't work what happens is that I follow all of the instructions to get encryption started, I briefly get the screen with the Android logo (has a top half and a bottom half, each with ~ "notches") and after 2 seconds the phone reboots.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I'm using RLS 16.1. (I had also tried with the prior release and had the same problems).

I should have included in the original posting that when I say that it doesn't work what happens is that I follow all of the instructions to get encryption started, I briefly get the screen with the Android logo (has a top half and a bottom half, each with ~ "notches") and after 2 seconds the phone reboots.

So you are mdk and nor using safestrap?

gbonawitz

Dec 18, 2010
So you are mdk and nor using safestrap?

My baseband is ...MDK. I have not installed Safestrap...is that something that you would recommend trying to get around this issue?

I have to admit that I have not previously been familiar with Safestrap. Googling the heck out of that now...:cyclops:

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
My baseband is ...MDK. I have not installed Safestrap...is that something that you would recommend trying to get around this issue?

I have to admit that I have not previously been familiar with Safestrap. Googling the heck out of that now...:cyclops:

No safestrap. ..I was asking because encryption does not work with safestrap.

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
This question should be in q & a section not development, or in Hyper drive thread if it's specific to that rom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk