OTA Update IMM30B 4.0.4

Search This thread

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I meta morphed some soft button mods and now I'm unable to flash the 4.0.4 update because it halts on the systemui saying there is a mismatch (obviously). Is there a way to update without have to reflash with Odin? I've looked around for a bit and haven't found anything.

Root tool kit.
Grab the Google system images for 4.0.2 and go from there. That's the only way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

demlv

Sep 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
CWM Error 7 on check of build.prop

I could never get it to work for me :/ I tried flashing it with cwm and it gave me some weird error. Something about error 7 and something to do with the build.prop values of device and something else. I have changed my soft keys and that's all I have changed.

Ditto here. I am running the rooted stock rom, stock radios, bootloader, using standard (non-touch) CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 and I have not installed any mods.

This keeps bombing out on me. The "Error 7" message in CWM reads like the install script is finding a mismatch in the MD5 of my build.prop (which I had tweaked a bit). When I first saw the error I thought I was lucky because I had copied the original build.prop to the SD card, and I have since restored it to the /system folder, hoping that the problem would be fixed.....but still no joy.

I assumed that simply copying a file to a new location and back wouldn't change the MD5. Am I completely misunderstanding this?

Last edited:

crankerchick

Apr 12, 2006
^^^
Odexed vs deodex
And people keep this OTA file backed up for later OTA builds which are... odexed. Can't take a OTA with a deodexed rom. :)

Aha, that makes sense. For anyone that cares, Peter Alfonso has the stock, rooted, odexed ROMs on his website.

Last edited:

tpdtopcop

Jul 29, 2007
I am rooted and unlocked with stock everything and I flashed the 4.0.4 update via the toolkit and I could not get data to work at all. no 4g or 3g nothing. anyone else encounter this?

pattont

Sep 13, 2008
I was running the 4.0.3 radios on 4.0.2 stock rooted. Flashed back to the 4.0.2 radios and rebooted. Once I verified everything was fine I went back to CWR Touch and flashed the update to 4.0.4 update and the new su.zip. My phone rebooted and everything is peachy.

There does seems to be a little lag when I unlock the phone. It hangs for a little bit on the unlock if the phone has been asleep for even a short period of time. No biggie, but I def noticed it coming from 4.0.2. Other than that there aren't many obvious changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

raiseup151z

Oct 19, 2010
Ditto here. I am running the rooted stock rom, stock radios, bootloader, using standard (non-touch) CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 and I have not installed any mods.

This keeps bombing out on me. The "Error 7" message in CWM reads like the install script is finding a mismatch in the MD5 of my build.prop (which I had tweaked a bit). When I first saw the error I thought I was lucky because I had copied the original build.prop to the SD card, and I have since restored it to the /system folder, hoping that the problem would be fixed.....but still no joy.

I assumed that simply copying a file to a new location and back wouldn't change the MD5. Am I completely misunderstanding this?

Try installing clockwork (non touch) again ...directly from clockwork app ...that solved my problem ...same issue.

fr4c

Nov 17, 2008
I was running the 4.0.3 radios on 4.0.2 stock rooted. Flashed back to the 4.0.2 radios and rebooted. Once I verified everything was fine I went back to CWR Touch and flashed the update to 4.0.4 update and the new su.zip. My phone rebooted and everything is peachy.

There does seems to be a little lag when I unlock the phone. It hangs for a little bit on the unlock if the phone has been asleep for even a short period of time. No biggie, but I def noticed it coming from 4.0.2. Other than that there aren't many obvious changes.

I get a slight "screen lag" as well when unlocking the phone. Anyone else experience this? Only happens when the phone has been idle for a while though.

pattont

Sep 13, 2008
I found another problem... When my alarm goes off in the morning I am unable to shut it off, it makes a really funny noise and then the phone reboots. Its happened 3 times now. Extremely annoying.

ljv

Jul 18, 2010
I found another problem... When my alarm goes off in the morning I am unable to shut it off, it makes a really funny noise and then the phone reboots. Its happened 3 times now. Extremely annoying.

This happened to me twice. I wiped and did a fresh install again and problem has not returned.

veloslave

Jun 19, 2008
Faster smoother and a hell of alot of signal strength! I think we have a winner. Forsure. Thanks op! Im steady at 4 bars on the ****ter :p used to get 1!

Hate to tell you but you ARE NOT getting more signal strength... you are getting the SAME strength and MORE BARS. They have improved the way that 3G and 4G hand off to each other but other than that all you are seeing is improved REPORTING of signal.

pattont

Sep 13, 2008
I'm thinking about going back to 4.0.2. So far 4.0.4 isn't all that great. Doesn't seem ready for prime time.

timcreech

Dec 7, 2007
This is the error I'm getting when flashing this in CWM with a stock rooted ROM (stock radio as well):

Verifying current system....
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omaphsm.mc.0/by-name/bootINSERT TONS OF MD5 HERE)
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I had the same error. I figured out that it was a custom Kernel that I had installed

What i ended up doing was downloading the Google stock images here... http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

Then drilled into the file to get the boot.img and system.img and used WungFresh's Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to install them
http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/for...mods/1445-wugs-galaxy-nexus-root-toolkit.html

From there flashed update.zip and all was good. Initial thoughts are that it seems much more responsive......

Lw00d

May 18, 2009
LA Baby!!!
If you are unlocked, temp boot a pre-rooted kernel. http://www.box.com/s/xf6bz8f1j004bk0zc78a

fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot boot newboot.img

Once booted:

adb remount
adb push nameofupdate.zip /cache/
adb reboot recovery

In stock recovery:

flash from /cache

my device is stock on secound step.
fastboot boot newboot.img its stay stock on wait on device.
what did i do wrong?

STock
Root

ok. all i did was reboot my device, i got message boot img ok..

now when i push the update i get message no such file or directory.

i have the update.zip file in my nexus root of memory, and in the platform tool folder

Last edited:

cpomike13

Aug 23, 2010
La Habra Ca.
Can't get any rom to work

Try installing clockwork (non touch) again ...directly from clockwork app ...that solved my problem ...same issue.

I saw your recommendation, and updated my CWM, loaded the Rom, without success. I rooted and unlocked using root tool kit. I've tried to load other roms and can't get anything to go. Is there a way of checking it?

poena

Aug 6, 2010
is this rom rooted?
i have it installed already and titanium backup isn't mounting r/w.

for some reason i thought this rom was rooted.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.0.4 update: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1wxw3exb9195w7

"Stock LTE ONLY users:

Rename it to update.zip, then you can flash.

Rooted LTE users who have made no filesystem modifications:

Same thing.

Those with CWM, rooted, but no filesystem modifications:

Good luck. I can modify the installer script if there is an issue.

Everyone else. If you flash this as GSM, well...tsk.

One radio is a patch file. I cannot extract it. Also, be aware, there is a bootloader in this. Those always make me worry.

My disclaimer: Don't flash it if you are squeamish or fear bricks."
    Couple of notes here:

• You must be on 4.0.2 bootloader, radios, boot partition (kernel), and system or this will failed.
    • You can use this in both stock and CWM recovery.
    • You will lose root and will have to reroot afterwords using CWM!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

This is now the new stock reboot menu (I kid you not, no mods!):

jl728.png
    New feature/fix:

Rotation speed seems 25% faster (actually reasonable now) :)
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.

Your safe I did that and all went well for me.