4 Way Extended Power Menu Tab S T800 10.5 Deodexed

Search This thread

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008

Here is the 4 Way Extended Power Menu for you 10.5 guys!! All Fixed finger print scanner working now!!!!

Always do a backup first!!!

Download: 4 Way Extended Power Menu for T800 10.5

Make sure you are Deodexed then flash zip via TWRP.

If you want to use this in your Rom please feel free as long as you give proper credit!!!

Enjoy and please Don't forget to hit Thanks!!!

NICE, Thank you :D:D:D

bimrluvr

Aug 13, 2009
Renamed file, now stuck at splash screen

OK so you are oxed!! I have not tried this but if you use Root Explorer or ES File go to system/framework and look for android.policy.odex and rename to android.policy.odex.bak then reboot and see if it fixes it.

Thanks

Hi. I tried what you suggested and now my Tab S won't get past the splash screen. What would the command lines be in ADB to rename the file back to android.policy.odex?

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
Works for Recovery only

Hello,
I have been looking for this since some time. I tried the zip, and it works OK to reboot into Recovery, but if I choose Download/Odin mode, then it just reboots.
I am running TW 4.4.2 on SM-T800 (Galaxy Tab S) rooted, deodexed and deknoxed.
Maybe can some one fix this? Or is there a tutorial to do this? Thanks anyway.

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
Hello,

Although I said in my previous post that this mod was working for me, my SM-T800 was unstable.

So, I decompiled android.policy.jar from my rom, and recompiled with your GlobalActions$99$1.smali, GlobalActions$99$2.smali, GlobalActions$99.smali and GlobalActions$SinglePressAction.smali.
(I edited GlobalActions.smali by changing $8 to $99 in two positions, too)

Now, the device is very stable, and it boots into Recovery without any problem, but when I choose Download/Odin, it does not go into Download mode but it just reboots, as before.

I have a Note 2 with 4.4.2 with extended reboot menu, which does reboot into download mode. As I thought the secret is in GlobalActions$99.smali, I compared the files from the two devices, but I don't understand much.

Can you help me to solve the issue? I am attaching my android.policy.jar and public.xml from framework-res.apk (If I understand well, public..xml is useful to check ids...)

The attached android.policy.jar is from and works with T800XXU1ANH1_T800OXA1ANH1_XEF( (rooted, deodexed and deknoxed with Archi Kitchen. Thank you), but rebooting into download//Odin does not work.

I would really appreciate any help.

Attachments

• files.zip
    392.5 KB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is the 4 Way Extended Power Menu for you 10.5 guys!! If you want the finger print scanner to function you will need to copy the android.policy.jar from my zip to your unzipped Rom Zip and flash entire Rom again.

Always do a backup first!!!

Download: 4 Way Extended Power Menu for T800 10.5

Make sure you are Deodexed then flash zip via TWRP.

If you want to use this in your Rom please feel free as long as you give proper credit!!!

Enjoy and please Don't forget to hit Thanks!!!