[GUIDE]How to Remove Custom Recovery/Root/Hboot and Keep Stock S-Off/Stock S-ON*VIDEO

Did This Work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

alphadog32

Jul 14, 2011
Miami, FL
**VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM!!**

Requirements
ADB: Click here for windows or Linux or download from) Sensation S-off guide
You Will Need HTC Drivers http://xdaforums.com/atta...7&d=1312092669
*DO NOT ADD "" TO COMMANDS!!!

1. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)

2. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip (link above) into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

3. Install HTC USB Driver 3.0.0.007.

4. Press Windows + R, it will open Run. (linux users ignore this)

5. Type "cmd". (or open terminal on linux)

6. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode

7. On your phone, Go to Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging

8. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)

9. If it is recognized, then download your official RUU, please get the same/similar version that came with your phone. If you fail then you might Brick your Device!

10. Start RUU.exe and follow on screen commands.

11. After reboot, turn phone off without fastboot on, or, take out battery and then Hold Volume down button and power on.

12. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-OFF RL.

13. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

Optional To change to stock S-ON
PROCEED WITH CAUTION. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. BEWARE THERE IS A SMALL RISK OF BRICKING

15. Boot up into the new ROM and On your phone, Follow steps 4-8 above then continue here

16. enter the command "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" (Thanks Dazweeja who came up with this)

17. Reboot into bootloader using "fastboot reboot-bootloader" or remove & reinsert the battery and press power on while keeping hold of volume down.

18. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-ON RL.

19. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

USE IF SEMI BRICKED

20. IF IT DOESN'T REBOOT and bootloader says ***Security Warning**
Remove and re-insert the battery and go back into bootloader and holding Volume Down +power button select fastboot
21. Run RUU.exe to reflash stock rom. (the one u just downloaded in step 1) and then reboot. It should work now

*NOTE*

This removes ROOT and custom recovery!!
I take No Credit for the Idea!
I am in no way responsible if YOU brick your phone!
If you want to add stock SuperCID AFTER you installed RUU.exe, Then Go Here For CID's, They Must Be Your Mobile Carriers... Ex: T-Mobile USA = (Carrier"TMUS") (CID"T-MOB010")
CID CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER S-ON, it must be done while S-off

I added a video to download! you may need to re-record
http://www.mediafire.com/?ibn7168nd2ywr5d

Good Day to You and Good Luck!

Last edited:

plocri

Jul 24, 2010
Naples
well thanks for this guide, but we're all hoping to never send our beloved Sensation in warranty return :D

alphadog32

Jul 14, 2011
Miami, FL
Read Me!

Everyone should do this and then reinstall custom recovery and root. Only because if sent to warranty and they see Revolution, you are screwed.

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
well thanks for this guide, but we're all hoping to never send our beloved Sensation in warranty return :D

Nice write up and VERY Noob friendly! I was reading through and in my head, half the time, going well duh. Then it clicked, you said Noob friendly. I think it will help almost all Noobs but there will be at least ONE that F's it up!

Again, nice write up!

Reactions: alphadog32

alphadog32

Jul 14, 2011
Miami, FL
Nice write up and VERY Noob friendly! I was reading through and in my head, half the time, going well duh. Then it clicked, you said Noob friendly. I think it will help almost all Noobs but there will be at least ONE that F's it up!

Again, nice write up!

Thanks, Its funny cause im a junior member and im writing NOOB friendly threads

Well was a junior member when i wrote this lol

Last edited:

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Just to let you know if you stay with S-OFF HTC will now...
Hboot is a different version from HTC, it ends in 10xx rather than 00xx
So even if it doesnt say revolution, they still can tell
Best to restore to S-ON which is a bit risky if you dont follow instructions to the t..
Cheers
P.S. Also why are you giving SuperCid since everyone will need to flash their Stock RUU anyway?

alphadog32

Jul 14, 2011
Miami, FL
Just to let you know if you stay with S-OFF HTC will now...
Hboot is a different version from HTC, it ends in 10xx rather than 00xx
So even if it doesnt say revolution, they still can tell
Best to restore to S-ON which is a bit risky if you dont follow instructions to the t..
Cheers
P.S. Also why are you giving SuperCid since everyone will need to flash their Stock RUU anyway?

nope my hboot is 1.17.0008, which is stock T-Mobile HBoot. And the SuperCID is because people are going to mess up and pick the wrong RUU.exe,

Jimmy Flip

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
And the SuperCID is because people are going to mess up and pick the wrong RUU.exe,

By encouraging people to install SuperCID, all you are doing is making their phone more traceable for tampering if it goes back for warranty, and allowing them to install the wrong RUU. If they don't have SuperCID, they'll get 'ERROR[131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR' if they try to flash the wrong RUU and it will stop without flashing anything to the phone.

I know you're just trying to help, but all they have to do is run the latest released RUU for their region. Nothing more.

He means use 'fastboot flash' commands which you can't with the stock hboot.

Reactions: prank1

radiikal

May 11, 2008
How do i know if CWM is removed?

Hi,
i did all the steps and get s-on back with stock rom.

my question is how do i know whether i have removed CWM as well? when i vol down + power, it went into bootloader. it's the same screen as when i have CWM installed. the only difference is the S-on, at least the ones i can recognize is different.

thx

cenwesi

Apr 6, 2007
Some where in USA
here is what i need to know... i am actually getting and exchange and have to send this back in because the vibration stopped working. It as TMOUSA Sensation. So far here is what i have gathered about my phone:

Baseband/radio version: 10.42.9007.00u_10.11.9007.15_m
Build number: 1.35.401.1 cl84734
hboot: 1.17.1011
CID: T-MOB010

I looked at the http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074559 page and they listed two RUU for TMOUSA:
RUU_Pyramid_TMOUS_1.29.531.2_Radio_10.42.9007.00P_ 10.11.9007.15_M_release_193714_signed
and
RUU_Pyramid_TMOUS_1.27.531.2_Radio_10.42.9007.00P_ 10.11.9007.15_M_release_192098_signed

which one of these am i suppose to use? Will my baseband/radio be updated to a different band/radio?

statuzz

Jul 31, 2009
SWF
Hi,
i did all the steps and get s-on back with stock rom.
my question is how do i know whether i have removed CWM as well? when i vol down + power

thx
i will try to answer ur question.. after u went thru all the process to get s-off with the idea of installing custom roms using CWM, u will get into recovery with the steps power+vol down them u scroll down and pick recovery taking u to CWM..try now and it should take u to stock recovey, after u finally figure it this out by ur self..im pretty sure u will feel like u can conquer the android world.. :D

fredrick90005

Apr 7, 2009
Is this safe?? im planning to remove my superuser,root,CWM but keep S-OFF because im tired of worrying that my phone will die when i'm out and i won't be able to charge it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM!!**

Requirements
    ADB: Click here for windows or Linux or download from) Sensation S-off guide
    You Will Need HTC Drivers http://xdaforums.com/atta...7&d=1312092669
    *DO NOT ADD "" TO COMMANDS!!!

1. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)

2. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip (link above) into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

3. Install HTC USB Driver 3.0.0.007.

4. Press Windows + R, it will open Run. (linux users ignore this)

5. Type "cmd". (or open terminal on linux)

6. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode

7. On your phone, Go to Settings > Applications > Development > Enable USB Debugging

8. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)

9. If it is recognized, then download your official RUU, please get the same/similar version that came with your phone. If you fail then you might Brick your Device!

10. Start RUU.exe and follow on screen commands.

11. After reboot, turn phone off without fastboot on, or, take out battery and then Hold Volume down button and power on.

12. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-OFF RL.

13. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

Optional To change to stock S-ON
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. BEWARE THERE IS A SMALL RISK OF BRICKING

15. Boot up into the new ROM and On your phone, Follow steps 4-8 above then continue here

16. enter the command "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" (Thanks Dazweeja who came up with this)

17. Reboot into bootloader using "fastboot reboot-bootloader" or remove & reinsert the battery and press power on while keeping hold of volume down.

18. Bootloader should now read Pyramid PVT Ship S-ON RL.

19. Remove and reinsert the battery. Press power on as normal

USE IF SEMI BRICKED

20. IF IT DOESN'T REBOOT and bootloader says ***Security Warning**
    Remove and re-insert the battery and go back into bootloader and holding Volume Down +power button select fastboot
    21. Run RUU.exe to reflash stock rom. (the one u just downloaded in step 1) and then reboot. It should work now

*NOTE*

This removes ROOT and custom recovery!!
    I take No Credit for the Idea!
    I am in no way responsible if YOU brick your phone!
    If you want to add stock SuperCID AFTER you installed RUU.exe, Then Go Here For CID's, They Must Be Your Mobile Carriers... Ex: T-Mobile USA = (Carrier"TMUS") (CID"T-MOB010")
    CID CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER S-ON, it must be done while S-off

I added a video to download! you may need to re-record
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ibn7168nd2ywr5d

Good Day to You and Good Luck!
    revolutionary hboot for sensation does not protect itself from being overwritten. all you need to do is:

download and run the RUU

this will put you back on stock software/firmware with s-off.

now just turn s back on with the "write secureflag3" command.
    Feel free to Comment for Help :D

If you need any help feel free to post comments :D

Again, nice write up!
    And the SuperCID is because people are going to mess up and pick the wrong RUU.exe,

By encouraging people to install SuperCID, all you are doing is making their phone more traceable for tampering if it goes back for warranty, and allowing them to install the wrong RUU. If they don't have SuperCID, they'll get 'ERROR[131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR' if they try to flash the wrong RUU and it will stop without flashing anything to the phone.

I know you're just trying to help, but all they have to do is run the latest released RUU for their region. Nothing more.

He means use 'fastboot flash' commands which you can't with the stock hboot.