[ROM] CM7 I727 Kang R7 Update {4/26/2012} Nightly 4/21/2012

Search This thread

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
Yea. 4g. Speeds peaked at around 9mbps in the heart of lte land. I'm back on my 2.3.6 for now and speeds are around 38mbps

<insert witty signature here>

While on stock 2.3 dl an app called apn backup flash back to cm7 and restore apn settings with that app that should restore speeds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
To enable SD go into settings>cm settings>application>use internal storage. Reboot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

wow.... can't believe I forgot that... Been so long since I ran CM... sheesh

Anyone getting good results over LTE yet? The minute I went back to my GB ROM I got sad :(. Gonna have to give this another try tonight. The SD issue was prolly why TiBu kept telling me it couldn't find the backup location even after I set it. If LTE speeds can be stabilized, I'll be here till CM9

@droid512
Did the APN Backup & Restore give you solid LTE speeds?

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
wow.... can't believe I forgot that... Been so long since I ran CM... sheesh

Anyone getting good results over LTE yet? The minute I went back to my GB ROM I got sad :(. Gonna have to give this another try tonight. The SD issue was prolly why TiBu kept telling me it couldn't find the backup location even after I set it. If LTE speeds can be stabilized, I'll be here till CM9

the sd thing should be enabled by default in the first place.

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
ROM seems to be working well here. No noticeable issues in my.everyday tasks. Love having CM on my skyrocket!

Edit: wireless tethering doesn't work

Last edited:

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
let me know how that goes silver
I'm nervous about trying to build my own from this because its a mix still. Once it's native then I'm going to see what i can do with it. Just don't know enough about all that yet, lol

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
Never reached deep sleep while charging overnight

It never deep sleeps while charging...only when off charger. It is working here.

Haven't had any hardware key failing since I switched launchers. Home button wasn't working on adw but it works normally with go launcher. Gallery force closes once after boot up and seems to be fine after that.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using XDA premium on CM7 Kang R5

Last edited:

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Without deep sleep how's battery off charger?

Can't comment much on battery really because I've been on the phone messing with it a lot. Seems to drain faster than normal though, but this is common from CM builds. It's one of the trade offs

No hardware button sticks for me yet and have no pics to test gallery (time to restore some pics and test)

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
Without deep sleep how's battery off charger?

There is deep sleep just to be clear. Just not when charging the phone.

After calibrating properly it actually seems like good battery life. I've been using it for the last 25 minutes, including a call, and I'm still on 99%.

Ill update this post later today with more info on battery.

Btw, I love this. Thanks a million euguene for working on it. Ill take this with bugs over any Samsung ROM. Hopefully it just gets better and better from here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Irish
Ok im all good. Runs great. Thanks eugene.
Just wiped again flashed and fixed perm. Skyrocket build is good.
Silverrom cm7 coming soon

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Lovin the ebwallpaper pack. Eugene is the man

Ics modem ld2 working good for me on this too

Attachments

• screenshot-1335106738534.jpg
    screenshot-1335106738534.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
silver
would I just pull this into my kitchen and work like a normal SR rom?
On the Captivate, I always built CM from their source files I downloaded, then went from there. Am I making sense here? lol

and yes, the wallpaper pack is tits! Diggin the skull-finger-dude

bts0uth

Nov 28, 2007
Lexington, KY
Regarding modem choice,

UCLD2 works but..
I have found UCLA3 modem gives me a faster and more stable connection. UCLD2 worked but on speedtest it kept fluctuating between 2 and 4mb d/l and would freeze up for .5 seconds at a time. Upload did the same and averaged 1.01mb. Ping on average was 175.

UCLA3 went to 4.4MB immediately and stayed there the entire test. Upload was 1.25mb and ping was 128 on average.

Same server, same position, less then 15 minutes between all tests.

I tried it over 10 times on both modems and had the same results. This is a non lte area by the way. Just h+.

Makes sense IMO, UCLA3 is a GB modem and UCLD2 is ICS.

Edit (random thought) : by the way, for anyone who doesn't know you can search CM7 themes on the Play store and then use them in the theme changer that comes with this ROM. There is an awesome free ICS theme.

Attachments

• screenshot-1335108907743.jpg
    screenshot-1335108907743.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 140
  • screenshot-1335108819367.jpg
    screenshot-1335108819367.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 143
  • screenshot-1335109354116.jpg
    screenshot-1335109354116.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Not sure about kitchen. I dont use it.
Do a dd dump. While runing cm7 throw the nessicary goodies. In a zip make a metainf folder/com/google/android. Put binary and updater script in there. Make /tmp folder with desired modem amss.bin mdm.bin inside. Add commands to extract tmp folder and install modem files to proper partition

Reactions: Uncle Irish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working ( I recommend using chainfire3D app in the market, as it works the same w/ night mode )
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken
    ~ volume+ might have issue.... see this Post
    ~ Changing CPU Governor can sometimes cause CPU1 from not going Offline
    ~ NFC not working
    ~ Build.prop will read as a T989, don't edit or it will cause the audio bug to return!! However, this build has the correct kernel for the I727 & won't have orientation screwed up

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Flash LA3 Modem ( This is confirmed working )
    5. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Use / Google DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    3. Flash Rom

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7.zip
    CM7_373R6.zip

AT&T SkyRocket I727 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7_ATT.zip
    CM7_373R6_ATT.zip
    New build is up & working now...

This should give everyone that much needed CM7 Ride......

READ OP!!!
    New T989 / I727 CM7 Rom is going to be posted tonight, Based off of nightly 4/21/2012. Took abit of work but now it's done!
    Rom is now Updated for I727 build
    fail-.- just use cyanotouchwiz or hop over to ics, many stable builds now

Prime example of what i was talking. About in mhx rom thread..
    What is happening to our once great thread. Because of the influx of ungratefull. Noobs.