[Q] Help with Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Inch Stuck in Recovery/Odin mode

Search This thread

waterflame54

Jun 6, 2014
Hello all, I am new to the android community as well as the devices, which was probably a major factor in the coming of my current predicament. Anyways, i recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, running Android KitKat 4.4.2 . I attempted to root the device using ODIN v3.07 and CF auto root that was meant for the model SM-T320, whereas my model is SM-T230. So in the middle of the process, Odin said it failed and it stuck in download mode. When I tried to reset it, it came up to the screen in the pictures below. I have attempted using the firmware update from Kies 3, but i get an error message saying that the device cannot be updated. I have downloaded two different versions of the SM-T230's supposed firmware and have attempted to "flash" the device using these files, however to no avail. The error message is in the pictures below. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello all, I am new to the android community as well as the devices, which was probably a major factor in the coming of my current predicament. Anyways, i recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, running Android KitKat 4.4.2 . I attempted to root the device using ODIN v3.07 and CF auto root that was meant for the model SM-T320, whereas my model is SM-T230. So in the middle of the process, Odin said it failed and it stuck in download mode. When I tried to reset it, it came up to the screen in the pictures below. I have attempted using the firmware update from Kies 3, but i get an error message saying that the device cannot be updated. I have downloaded two different versions of the SM-T230's supposed firmware and have attempted to "flash" the device using these files, however to no avail. The error message is in the pictures below. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Think you might be in the wrong device section.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

nismo87

Nov 5, 2010
guadalajara

i have the same and exact problem :(

the same error in ODIN, i try 3 firmwares, mexican version, spanish and the OEM from USA and odin cant upload the firm

cykles

Jul 9, 2014
I have the same problem and I just got my galaxy tab 4 3 days ago! Please help!!!

iResQ Repairs

Aug 16, 2014
Plymouth
I have the same problem and I just got my galaxy tab 4 3 days ago! Please help!!!

Hi to resolve this is really simple, please download the corrodponding firmware, your tab 4 will show an update firmware error, but is infact in odin mode... simply select the .tar/md5 file and insert it to pda and click start...

Sorry for poor gramma, i shall lon on pc now

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

ok so recently iv encountered the same problem, with a good easy solution, if you look carefully on the update error screen that you are facing, in the top left it says odin mode.........

the next steps are simple......

download the current SM-T230 firmware from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=33745

Assumming you are in uk or a europien country, ( there is currently no uk firmware updateable via kies ) so please use the nordick firmware. (its excatly the same, i have both )

Download odin 3.7 from here : http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...S5QWImOPDJboTA_V3D5S9eA&bvm=bv.74115972,d.d2k

Once you have downloaded the firmware you will need to unzip the file to somewhere easy to find, i would suggest the desktop. locate and run odin 3.7 and point the PDA tab to your recently unzipped firmware file and click start.... odin will do its thing and complete the firmware update process......

HOPE THIS HELPS THE GUYS THAT ARE HAVING PROBLEMS......... LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON