New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

Ronok

May 16, 2009
can anyone at least tell me whether the fps of the 720p videocrecording is acceptable?
I think the fps is alright in daylight but some people say the resolution looks upscaled rather than native hd. There are a few topics already on the forums with test videos. Even an iPhone 4 comparison.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

psycop

May have been mentioned but just tried taking a few photos with the camera and not only does it seem to auto-focus quicker but it also takes the picture much quicker, there were a good few shots I used to take which turned out blurry because it took a few seconds to focus and then take the shot and in that time my hand would start to shake slightly, it seems to have eradicated the problem now because of the speediness of it.

Good stuff. :)

Yeah just tried myself, it is much faster to take a picture

psycop

I found something more

Add new item on the desktop - Shortcut - Settings

There you find different settings for Car Dock, Dock Settings, Unit admnistration settings
(Might not be called that, translated from danish)

So it seems that the application are there but hidden?

plaktoets

Jun 6, 2008
Date format is corrupted, systemwide. Instead of days it shows just numbers from 1 to 7. Also, the battery is being sucked like hell. With the market issue, I think I will just wipe and reinstall my phone.

Correct, my smooth calendar widget is showing numbers even though its configured not to. However the call history shows normal dates so I doubt its systemwide.

Something else I'm a bit disappointed that space consuming apps like earth and maps still can't be installed to sd.

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
I think the fps is alright in daylight but some people say the resolution looks upscaled rather than native hd.

Defo agree. The 800x480 looks sharper when played side by side with the 1280x720 one. Defo looks upscaled. Altough, the data rate on 800x480 is about 1900kbps where as its 8100kbps on the HD recording, so it looks like its certainly taking in a lot more data...

flashflash

May 9, 2005
South East
FM Radio fixed. Used to use 85% CPU now doesn't even show up on the monitor. Also an incoming text message used to mute the radio and only a soft reset would fix it. This has been fixed.

jordanxp

Aug 1, 2010
- It slows down your phone :/

Seriously, everything was nice. Then my battery went dead, I went home and plugged it in. After the reboot I tried to play my 720p 'sample', it said 'unable to play blablabla' :eek:

After some time I could play it, but my entire phone was slow like hell. I used ATK to kill some stuff and changed wallpapers, but nothing. Anybody else having a slow experience with Froyo?

Same problem here.... and now i can't even start the camera app :confused:

In Settings - Wireless and networks when I turn on WiFi sometimes it displays "obtaining IP address although it's already connected

And there are new downloadable htc widgets - dice and coin if anyone cares... :rolleyes:

guess i'm gonna have to do a factory reset... again!!!

Last edited:

loizoskounios

Jul 15, 2010
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but when you receive a phone call while the phone is locked, instead of the same bar that's shown when the screen is locked, you get a red stroke at the top and a green stroke at the bottom to signify that by dragging the bar to the top you decline a call, whereas by dragging the bar to the bottom you accept a call.

Edit: I think the "Location" icon in the settings has been changed to a sharper image as well.

Last edited:

aindow

Jun 5, 2010
Leyland
It looks like car dock can be switched on automatically when the phone connects to a paired Bluetooth car kit. Seems like they've really tried hiding it though for some reason.