[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Search This thread
E

ezcats

The Samsung terminals never came to brick... I assures you.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk

ikr!

you actually have to try to brick it for HOURS to actually brick it...(i tried for a whole day with my old phone...captivate...its still not bricked...!!

trust me you didn't brick it...put it in download mode and use odin to flash a kme restock zip ( http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=12 )

flash that with odin (files inside it)

htc-hermes

Dec 28, 2009
P7510_KME_Restock.zip ==> "Enter your password"

ikr!

you actually have to try to brick it for HOURS to actually brick it...(i tried for a whole day with my old phone...captivate...its still not bricked...!!

trust me you didn't brick it...put it in download mode and use odin to flash a kme restock zip ( http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=12 )

flash that with odin (files inside it)

First of all: Thanks.

It seems I am on the questionary side in this forum. :-(

I installed the restock zip via odin. After a reboot I am asked "Enter your password". I have no idea what password I should enter.

E

ezcats

I installed the restock zip via odin. After a reboot I am asked "Enter your password". I have no idea what password I should enter.

Wow....thats weird...you do have the wifi version right?

Only thing i can say is try it again...go into recovery before it boots and wipe data.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois

You just missed one step... the one where it says wipe data cache or whatever...
just start again and don't miss a step... slow down and triple check you follow EVERY THING..;)

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

J

joramteusink

It seems low res, but is that a bug?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7500 met Tapatalk

Danvad

Dec 1, 2007
Viborg
which Baseband is prefered for this ROM - mabye my browser trouble is caused by a wrong baseband - I am on P7500XXKI1

santiga

Nov 8, 2009
Gijón (Asturias)
Someone knows haw to Fix a calendar problem ?

I have serious synchronization problems, I can't synchronize all contact events in the right way width calendar. I had same problem in the Galaxy Note in the past.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk

thule1291

Sep 3, 2010
Hey my Hero. Short Message from Swiss: This is the best Rom i ever used on my Tab. Speed fast. Battery holds forever. Absolut genius work.

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
hello everyone.

pershoot and me currently search for a mysterious bug and could use your help. as it seems, this bug only appears on gt-p7500 and not on the other variants of galaxy tab 10.1 - i tried both my own builds and to verify the build from this thread - resulting in same behavior.

i made a video to illustrate:

if you have seen something like this, please reply right away. if you have not see this yet, please try the following:

- put a big widget on a homescreen (i.e. gmail big-resized) so you will notice the flicker
- fill the list of recent apps until it exceeds the available space (i.e. gets scrollable)
- start the video player via gallery or start a youtube video for a short time
- go back to homescreen
- press recent-tasks button
- see flicker on that widget just as in video ?!?

i tried the above in a wiped state. the video shown was in normal state with lots of apps. in wiped state, i was not able to reproduce the flicker of the recent-app list, but only the flicker of the widgets/launcher. but i guess thats just a matter of more testing, since both seems to be the same basicly.

i did not encouter any flicker without starting the video player at least once. i also didnt get the flicker effect with a short recent-app list. it seems like the recent app list must be scrollable and the video player must have done something to the video mode.

thats all the information i got right now. all this might be the reason for a crash i encounter every now and then, rendering the system completly dead until very-long-press-power-to-switch-off action. it always happend when i was switching a task / accessing the recent apps list.

thanks for your attention
mad-murdock

wojmzy

Dec 19, 2010
Katowice
seems im affected with this issue.
For me it apears as black flickering triangle on bottom of the screen.
Actually now in tapatalk whole keyboard flickers aswell when i try to access recently used apps.

Wysłano z GT-P7500

reflux21

Jan 10, 2011
I am not able to download gapps for both p7500 and p7510... WTF! Someone please do something about it... Phenomenal rom just missing gapps right now :(

mauwri37

Oct 26, 2010
Modena,Emilia Romagna Italiy
Hello, I also gives the problem of flicker, and black triangle, but not always does to me, if I put the live wallpaper is more and especially when I open the task manager, if you manage to solve it would be nice

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I am not able to download gapps for both p7500 and p7510... WTF! Someone please do something about it... Phenomenal rom just missing gapps right now :(

Why don't you stop expecting others to do something that you could've easily done for yourself dude. Read a little. GApps is all over the place here.

http://dev-host.org/8Re. This link is one thread up from here. How could you not find it?

lengis

Aug 22, 2007
First, thanks for a great rom :-D

Can I use the modem/baseband from 3.2 on this rom? Having some issues reconnecting to my wifi ap when I get home, have to toggle wifi to connect.

Br

Lengis

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
hello everyone.

pershoot and me currently search for a mysterious bug and could use your help. as it seems, this bug only appears on gt-p7500 and not on the other variants of galaxy tab 10.1 - i tried both my own builds and to verify the build from this thread - resulting in same behavior.

i made a video to illustrate:

if you have seen something like this, please reply right away....

Noticed this flickering all the Time i use the recent app button on desktop. Tried to make a Screenshot, but no luck.

GT-P7500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

this is a CM9 KANG built for the GT-P7500 (3G) model.

What does KANG mean, I hear you asking? It means I'm not the one responsible for the code behind this ROM, it's all CyanogenMod/pershoot/isimobile (as noted below).
    I "only" compiled it and wrote this nice post, sharing my KANG along the way. Hope you will like it!

All credits to the CyanogenMod team and Pershoot, they're the real heroes.
    Credits to isimobile as well for the 3G stuff. All you guys are great, keep up the awesomeness!

Needless to say, don't bug the CyanogenMod team about bugs (pun intended).
    Also, neither I nor CM will be held responsible if your Tab explodes (or any other unfortunate side effect).
    That being said, it should work beautifully :)

What is working:
    - 3G
    - WiFi tethering
    - HW video decoding
    - Quite a lot more

Not working:
    - Camera

Bugs:
    - For auto-brightness to work, lock/unlock the screen once.
    - Searching for network providers doesn't work.

How to install:
    Do a FULL WIPE/FACTORY RESET & WIPE CACHE in CWM if coming from another ROM!
    If coming from any previous version of this ROM, full wipe/cache wipe shouldn't be necessary.
    Then, flash in this order:
    1. ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. Kernel modules (optional)
    without rebooting between flashes.

Additional info:
    To get 3G working, make sure you have the right APN with the right settings for your network provider selected.
    For the most part this is autodetected but sometimes it's not detected properly.

Kernel modules are optional. If you want support for things like nfs, ps3 controllers etc... flash this. You will have to do the modprobing yourself (in a terminal window: first get root access with su, then modprobe <modulename-without-.ko>)
    cifs.ko, ntfs.ko and tun.ko got moved into the ROM, no need for modules zip if you just want those.

To get your Tab to show up on your computer when connected via USB, goto Settings -> Storage -> click the three dots in the upper-right corner. Enable MTP or PTP.

Looking for a changelog? There's no changelog in the traditional sense but the latest merged changes can be seen here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged branch:ics,n,z (ignore all android_kernel_* and android_device_* projects) & https://github.com/pershoot/

Don't flash the kernel from Pershoots thread on this ROM. The latest kernel is included in this ROM already. The one in Pershoots thread is for Honeycomb.

Bandwidth kindly provided by my friend snapcase. Thanks man :)

Download (latest):
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba.zip - 121 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Requires CWM recovery from here (flash in Odin via "PDA" button). Thread by pershoot here
    • Refreshed CM sources, with new official boot animation :)
    • WiFi fixed, FOR REAL this time ;) Pershoot has worked very hard on it, please thank him! WiFi Direct not working though at the moment.
    • Fewer graphical glitches (opening recent apps on home launcher still glitches)
    • Voice search fix is now obsolete; upgrade gapps to a newer version instead
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Modules will be installed to /system/lib/modules, this will make modprobe find them properly

Gapps:
    Download gapps from here
    Download one of the newer gapps from that page (one of the gapps-ics-2012* files).
    If doing an upgrade from an earlier version of gapps, be aware that upgrading gapps can make your tab unbootable. In this case you have to wipe data!
    Remember to make a backup before upgrading gapps just in case!

Youtube:
    Download Youtube 3.5.* from here

Download (old):
    Voice Search fix: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-maba-voicesearch-fix.zip - 1.5 MB (MD5: b18cc6de1d35043ab671d26082d48992)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba.zip - 117 MB (MD5: e2dc5369cecba1d3d8296730572f90aa)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: e7dd5fb3ef50cfca4864aa55ab7eb184)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba.zip - 119 MB (MD5: 1d70f3781ce08c79c7e61c518a581b6a)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 454e1e5d6c667142358625b2a2cee70d)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-020712-maba.zip - 118.4 MB (MD5: 59323d3091392696a0d30c43136b924c)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 5c5c3f5d1ed178f7b11b4fc2fac9995a)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.zip - 118.3 MB
    Torrent: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.torrent (includes both ROM and modules flashable zips)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba.zip - 107.3 MB (mirror)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 8.9 MB (mirror)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012412-maba.zip - 107.7 MB

Enjoy!
    New build in first post.
    Have an update comin this wknd. Swapped out wifi driver with mostly google's latest implementation. This will have wifi direct working.

This 'should' also hopefully help the phantom bootloop stuff.

Will post some experimental builds this wknd.
    here's a build i ran, just to ensure things are in place for 7500.

unofficial
    http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4/
    (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p4-KANG-signed.zip)

use the supplied recovery (odin: recovery.tar.md5)

everything you need to build is on my github.

most stuff in/outside has been submitted, pending review, in to mainline, excluding the p4 device tree, which will be created at some point.
    New build uploaded. Changes are minor, some memory tweaks and transition effects in Trebuchet. I've also built kernel modules for those of you who get turned on by stuff like that. :p

First post updated with links and relevant info.