Search This thread

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014

Er. Aditya

Feb 28, 2014
BraveFort

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
it's the games issue it's better of to inform gameloft about this... I have no problems playing any other games...

Sent from my SM-N900

I doubt Gameloft is going to do much to fix it, they will just ignore it like they do everything else, but its worth a quick email to them.

Yeah it might be the game's problem. Cuz there's not a single problem for me except asphalt 8's lagging. i mean the screen split and stuff..... those problems are just not there :confused:

darkshaft

Jul 21, 2013
By the way I tired Asphalt 8 v 1 today on my S3 (i9300) and graphics set high, it ran very smooth with no problem at all not even a single lag, so I guess that the game is not yet optimized for N9000.

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
No no no it's not the game's problem. It's not asphalt 8's problem. I downloaded dead effect, another graphics intensive game, and played on highest possible settings. The game showed exactly same results as asphalt 8. It was silky smooth for the first 10 minutes, then the phone heated up and the game started lagging very bad. Just like before, i returned to the homescreen, let the device cool, and then the game worked fine again for a couple of minutes then started lagging again.

It's the 4.4.2 update's problem. Samsung's problem. lol this is what i payed 699$ for. thank you very much samsung.

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
Is there a way to fix this problem by rooting the phone?

You can root and then install some graphical booster apps like GLTools and Performance Booster (root). Or flash custom kernel, overclock the gpu + cpu etc.
Today I played some Amazing Spider Man 2, I have the Exynos Note 3 and the game's still not that fluid even in Low graphical settings. I'm seriously thinking about rooting.

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
ainisubalanced

You can root and then install some graphical booster apps like GLTools and Performance Booster (root). Or flash custom kernel, overclock the gpu + cpu etc.
Today I played some Amazing Spider Man 2, I have the Exynos Note 3 and the game's still not that fluid even in Low graphical settings. I'm seriously thinking about rooting.

I'm talking that even you are on 4.4.2,

Look, it's not note 3's hardware's problem. The Mali you which you get on it is one of the best gpus you'd get on a phone today, the problem is with the 4.4.2 update, the phone overheats and starts lagging. I don't think overclocking will help. It will just make the phone even more hotter. Which means More performance drop. But if your still trying, let us know the results. It's still good if it solves problems. Good luck!

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
Yeah actually, I think you are right, overclocking might not be any help. Custom roms or custom kernels might work. I really think there is some serious bug in Samsung's Kit Kat update and you are right, games always start lagging after a while. At first everything is very smooth and all good but after that the phone starts warming up and the games start to lag. I play lots of games, and every single one of them, even 2D games like cut the rope 2 starts choppy framerates after 30-40 minutes later. I don't think it would be ok to just blame everything on the developer in Asphalt 8 or Spider Man 2's case. I know Gameloft makes bad unoptimized games but its clear that there is something wrong in Samsung's Kit Kat update, and unfortunately I'm not that optimistic about a new update from them fixing this issue anytime soon...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2014
omg thats the situation that i am in.!

i have Exynos ver note 3. i have the same problem playing asphalt 8 on it. its getting very hot and laggy after 5-8 mins playing of it. i am not sure what the problem is. it could be kk's problem or exynos' problem. i have a friend whose phone is SGS4 Exy version. it performs very well without any issue when i play asphalt 8. his phone has KK same as me. i sent Gameloft a messege about this issue a week ago. but they haven't reply to it.

i guess all we can do is just waiting till next update comes out. i am really sick of playing this shht.

waqardaman

Apr 12, 2014
Yeah actually, I think you are right, overclocking might not be any help. Custom roms or custom kernels might work. I really think there is some serious bug in Samsung's Kit Kat update and you are right, games always start lagging after a while. At first everything is very smooth and all good but after that the phone starts warming up and the games start to lag. I play lots of games, and every single one of them, even 2D games like cut the rope 2 starts choppy framerates after 30-40 minutes later. I don't think it would be ok to just blame everything on the developer in Asphalt 8 or Spider Man 2's case. I know Gameloft makes bad unoptimized games but its clear that there is something wrong in Samsung's Kit Kat update, and unfortunately I'm not that optimistic about a new update from them fixing this issue anytime soon...

Custom roms don't work. i tried each and every 4.4.2 kitkat rom out for note 3 exynos. the problem still persists. don't know about custom kernels.

i have Exynos ver note 3. i have the same problem playing asphalt 8 on it. its getting very hot and laggy after 5-8 mins playing of it. i am not sure what the problem is. it could be kk's problem or exynos' problem. i have a friend whose phone is SGS4 Exy version. it performs very well without any issue when i play asphalt 8. his phone has KK same as me. i sent Gameloft a messege about this issue a week ago. but they haven't reply to it.

i guess all we can do is just waiting till next update comes out. i am really sick of playing this shht.

it's not exynos's problem. it's the kitkat updates problem. since this didn't used to happen with 4.3.

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
Hey so can we downgrade 4.4 to 4.3 by odin?

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Arya335

Feb 2, 2014
I love mc4! Plz there is anything we can do to fix this problem only 1 map I can play with no lag!

Its dog days

And its an epic sniper moment! Lol everyone was doing snipering and me too

And our enemy team was soo frustrated!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398195136058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398195136058.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 100
Apr 8, 2014
by all means we are stuck on 4.4

New updated asphalt8 is now available. Ive just updated asphalt8 with good feelings but this **** let me down again.
The issues we have suffered haven't fixed YET! Not a single improvement was detected by me while playing game for 15mins
the screen split into 6 upto 16 still exists and heating up and graphic frame breaking as well.
It's killing me that i have to wait next update with depression which is about 1 month or more.

Last edited:

cetindk

Nov 27, 2011
Istanbul
I'm not sure but I'm thinking the Gameloft games that are in Samsung App Store are more optimized for Samsung devices than the ones found in Google Play. Can any of you try Asphalt 8 from Samsung App Store? I tried both the Asphalt 8s in Samsung Store and Googlr Play and I'm not sure but the one in Samsung Store seems a bit faster and more smooth. Try if you havent already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So my games lag after 4.4.2 update like mc4 and asphalt 8....and asphalt 8 lag is extreme high..its starts after 5 min..first when I open this game its liquid smooth but after 5 min many things happened like split screen..screen divided into 2 parts phone heat up extremely high..and when this thing happens I just lock the screen wait for 20 sec.and my phone starts cooling..and then I open it and play game and its again play liquid smooth and again after 5 min. Its starts lag how to fix is I asked this same questions they haven't answered...I ask to gameloft They said clean your browser cookies I clean it but my games still lag...and I am not alone...this stuff happens to more people

Link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633895

So help me.......

And here is screen glitch
    Only N9000 users complaining of this problem??

Yeah. the problem only exist with the exynos version. my mom has the N9005 snapdragon version, in which asphalt 8 runs perfectly fine. i played on it for hours and not a single performance drop. infact it got the update from OTA. i had to manually install 4.4.2 on my Exynos via odin. help. also, please link me to some post on how to revert back to 4.3. very disappointed.
    Oh man, custom roms are awesome but I'm too lazy to root and flash roms etc :D
    Do you reccommend the ROM is everything working OK, any force closes, lags in games etc?

Hhhhh, for me the ROM is working more than fine! You should try :)
    No lags, no FC...
    Oh my GOD! Man you are a genious! I never heard about that Samsungs DVFS before until you mentioned it in your post. I looked it up and thought "yeah that thing needs to go away!"
    So I just rooted my phone, installed wanam Xposed and Samsung DVFS Disabler and voila!
    No lags in any game, I can even play Spider Man 2 on max graphic settings without any issue! It was barely working on low setting before OH MY GOD!
    Before, San Andreas started lagging after playing 10 minutes, now its always smooth, and now I can play all my games with my sixaxis!

An all those customization options in Xposed oh my god i'm just so excited right now :D
    Thanks for showing me the right way man, root is the best thing that can happen to any Android device.

Quick question: What do you use to back up before flashing another ROM? I have been using an HTC device before and 4ext was the way to backup, but I'm new to Samsung scene and I don't think 4ext is compatible with this phone :D

I'm glad to hear that it has worked for you! after disabling DVFS, does your phone gets hot/warm while playing high graphic games?

I'm using 3 ways to backup everything:
    1. TWRP Recovery. There's an optin for backing up everything there.
    2. My Backup Pro app from the Play Store. It's reliable and safe.
    3. Titanium Backup. It's AMAZING or restoring apps and system data, and dows amaing job for restoring market links and etc...

I found those, for me, are the best ways to backup everything on my phone.
    If you need anything else. I'll be glad to help :)