Brodit Car dock?

Search This thread

vicedens2002

Mar 27, 2010
Chennai
I have the active holder and it works perfectly, only gripe is that I have to remove the cover to insert it, but it charges very quickly, in comparison to the desktop charger which seems to take all night to reach 80% this will charge fully within a hours journey.
Do you have the suction clip or the AC vent clip?? Pictures please [emoji3]

sent from xperia z2

danski666

Mar 14, 2014
I got mine on Friday last week, bought from DSL Developments in the UK.
I`ve been using them for years, good solid holders, and always use the active version too.

Re suction cups, Brodit don't do suction cups as far as I know, they use the pro clip which adds to how solid the whole kit is.
You would need to buy a suction cup mount, then take the holder off and screw the Brodit to it, but in all honesty, I`d go the pro clip route.

Reactions: vicedens2002
Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403721635988.jpg
    1403721635988.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 1403721655344.jpg
    1403721655344.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

d210

Nov 29, 2010
Can somebody share what's written on the charger itself (how many A if they mention)? Thank you.

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
I have the active holder and it works perfectly, only gripe is that I have to remove the cover to insert it, but it charges very quickly, in comparison to the desktop charger which seems to take all night to reach 80% this will charge fully within a hours journey.

Fedex just delivered mine yesterday - I noticed the same thing; phone has to be naked for it to fit. I guess I can live with that since the holder itself seems well-built. I'll be mounting mine on the AC vent in my '12 3 series.

I had the suction cup car dock w/ the magnetic charger before, but the plastic connecting the suction cup to the body broke in about a month. Great idea for a dock, but horrible execution.

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
Here are some pics of mine. I decided to install the clip on the right vent since I have a 12V under the glovebox and b/c my radar detector is using the 12V in the center console. Very solid build quality, the phone is snug, charges quickly, and it's at a perfect distance/angle. Minor gripe about having to take the case off, but I don't mind.

brodit1.jpg

brodit2.jpg

brodit3.jpg

brodit4.jpg

Top Liked Posts