Cannot use widescreen wallpaper after ICS install

Search This thread

coldracerx

Sep 12, 2008
Huntersville, NC
I just loaded the ICS leaked and Now I cannot use images from my gallery as widescreen/scrolling wallpaper. Is there a setting I. Not aware of. It seem to flash the control for a second then goes away. Help please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

coldracerx

Sep 12, 2008
Huntersville, NC
I was able to load the new gallery but still it will not let me do the wallpaper in wide/scrolling mode like the ones in the wallpaper gallery. I was able to do this on in gingerbread...this sucks.

RiPpeR_dUdE

Aug 16, 2006
ATX
I also tried the new gallery and didn't work for me... but I found a quick and easy fix; no reboot required.

Just install and apply a wallpaper from the App Zedge from the Market; a.k.a Google Play... (new name really sucks BTW).... once you do this, the scrolling wallpaper is back.

Reactions: coldracerx

nahrah

Jul 14, 2010
I was able to load the new gallery but still it will not let me do the wallpaper in wide/scrolling mode like the ones in the wallpaper gallery. I was able to do this on in gingerbread...this sucks.

What you have to do is open ics gallery select the picture and hit menu set as, then wallpaper. If you select home screen wallpaper it will not work.

Reactions: coldracerx

coldracerx

Sep 12, 2008
Huntersville, NC
I tried that and same thing. I also notice that the images from the wallpaper gallery does the same. Will mot allow widescreen. I am very anniyed now

coldracerx

Sep 12, 2008
Huntersville, NC
I over it now and dont really care much. I guess I will just wait for the official release by att .

Last edited:

coldracerx

Sep 12, 2008
Huntersville, NC
Good news. I found that google + will do the trick. Just have the photo uploaded to picasa and then tell google + to make it the wallpaper and it will scroll if the image is in widescreen format.

deezhemi

Apr 4, 2011
Atlanta
What ROM did you flash and what launcher are you using. I want to say that I did see that same thing on one of the ICS ROMs. Don't remember offhand which one though.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
What ROM did you flash and what launcher are you using. I want to say that I did see that same thing on one of the ICS ROMs. Don't remember offhand which one though.

I use one click and apex launcher. Everything works great. But i think apex will work with any rom.

deezhemi

Apr 4, 2011
Atlanta
Yeah, it looks like he switched launchers and it started working correctly for him. I think it actually may be a launcher/gallery combo as well. I wish I could remember what I was trying when I saw that it wasn't doing the widescreen correctly.

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
QuickPic > *

Seriously. Use it for everything. Gallery is broken.

I'm on Sky ICS UCLD2 base and I can set any 960X800 image as a scrolling widescreen wallpaper just like in GB.

Top Liked Posts