[MOD] enable soft keys, disable hard/capacitive keys

Search This thread

qman66

Jul 23, 2010
Brooklyn
it is. i bought a decal and put it on top of my home button now my note looks like a nexus. i just wish there was a way to get the aosp keys and in the same order. not back button on the right side.

lawslb15

Jan 31, 2012
is there a way to add the search button aswell??

I know holding the menu key can do it but I need the real search button to work with the playtools app

cliefan

Jul 4, 2007
Kalamazoo
Yeah, loving this mod, but wondering if theres a way to reduce the thickness or maybe make the bar transparent?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this has been confirmed working on all the other carriers... I'm Sprint but it works on Verizon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032117

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.
    This would be nice if we could make it pop up when the pen is out and/or reduce the size of the buttons.

Wyatt W.

If you press the button on the pen you can use gestures to do all the things the keys do

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    This and I'm pretty sure most people get the note for the bigger screen. Why waste precious space with nav bar? I do like the concept of just having it enabled when the s pen is pulled out. Probably a way to do it by modifying the page buddy to disable the hard keys and enable on screen soft keys.... Just a thought

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

I second this as well. I would love to see the on screen buttons automatically appear and disable the hard keys when the S-Pen is pulled out and do the opposite when the S-Pen is placed back into the holder. Or maybe add a S-Pen shortcut to enable on screen navigation keys. Now that would be crazy.
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. This really makes the spen more functional, having an easy to access home and back button, and the one click recent's button is the cherry on top. It would be nice to just have it pop up when you pull out the spen, but I still like the recent's and soft home button.

I'd like to eventually have a customizable nav bar, like in AOKP. On my S3, I turned my nav bar into my dock and had long press commands for each one as well, such as opening voicemail when long pressing home, composing message when long pressing messages, etc. You could also resize the bar so they didn't take up as much real estate.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing this. I'm loving all of these mods.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium