G2 camera doesnt focus

Search This thread

OfficialPerson

Apr 3, 2014
New York
I'm currently on stock zvc rooted with twrp from autorec. I have been using Jishnu's 4k cam mod for a while now and its worked perfectly fine but all of a sudden my camera lost the ability to focus. It did this a couple days ago and I tried restoring camera from Jishnu's camupdate apk and then reinstalling and also installed xdabbeb's 4k cam and it wasn't working but after 15 mins or so I went back to the camera and it was working again. This time though I tried to do what I did before but it doesnt have any effect on it. I no longer have the stock camera files does anyone have them so I can try that out? A flashable zip would be even better if possible. Other then that does anyone have any idea what I could do besides tot'ing back which I'd rather avoid if possible?

dredd2099

Apr 23, 2014
got a stock non rooted d803 and camera just wont focus as well
takes nice close up pics but anything further than 2 inches and its out (even manual focusing doesnt work)
tried other camera apps and no joy, went as far as factory reset and nothing
LG and phone company tech advised bringing it in for replacement

OfficialPerson

Apr 3, 2014
New York
Did you try another camera app to make sure it's not a hardware issue?

If I helped you, please thank me :)

Sorry for the late reply didn't notice I got two replies but I had tried google camera and another random camera before
and they both wouldn't focus at all. However my camera is working now I went and tot'd to stock 4.4.2 but the camera
wasn't working immediately after doing that it still wasn't working so I was afraid maybe the hardware was broken. But
after installing the 4k camera mod and doing some messing around with the camera and then leaving the phone alone
for a while with the camera app running in the background it works again. Its very weird I don't really understand it what
threw me off as well was after running titanium backup to restore apps/data the camera was still working so I started
setting stuff up. I noticed the xposed installer was not up to date so I went and updated it and then rebooted the phone.
After that I checked the camera and it wasn't focusing again at all. I figured xposed might be the culprit so I went and
uninstalled it then rebooted but it didn't have any effect the cam still wouldn't focus. So I reinstalled and enabled it and
did the installing 4k mod messing with camera and leaving it alone routine and after a while the camera is working
again. Very suspicious I'm at a loss but I went and did a nandroid backup while the camera was working so if anything
I can restore that and hopefully fix it.

OfficialPerson

Apr 3, 2014
New York
got a stock non rooted d803 and camera just wont focus as well
takes nice close up pics but anything further than 2 inches and its out (even manual focusing doesnt work)
tried other camera apps and no joy, went as far as factory reset and nothing
LG and phone company tech advised bringing it in for replacement

Try my 4k camera method I mentioned if you have questions let me know but quote my post so I can know that you replied.

crmadrid

Jun 29, 2012
Try my 4k camera method I mentioned if you have questions let me know but quote my post so I can know that you replied.

I have exactly the same problem and I installed your 4k camera but its still doesnt work.
I tried also factory reset and installed the latest stock rom and it also doesnt help.
please help me, I'm in despair.

Last edited:

OfficialPerson

Apr 3, 2014
New York
I have exactly the same problem and I installed your 4k camera but its still doesnt work.
I tried also factory reset and installed the latest stock rom and it also doesnt help.
please help me, I'm in despair.

Sorry for the late reply but my camera still isn't working properly. Whenever I open a camera app its all blurry and it won't
focus what I have to do everytime I need to take a picture of something is shake the phone around in different angles and
sometimes hit it near the camera region lol. I find that after giving it a good shake/hit it'll start focusing again. I don't know if
that means theres a problem with the OIS interfering in some way since the lens can move around and stuff so maybe shaking
it makes it focus correctly but its annoying.

I would go bring the phone in for repair/replacement if you're covered. I would do it myself but I plan on getting the G3 soon
anyway so don't really need to fix this one. Hope it works out for you though.