Porting Theme Guide!

Search This thread

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
ok finally someone did a tutorial!
but can you be more specif on which files to resize and which to not bcoz you stated in your blog that you dont need to resize all the pngs....

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
ok finally someone did a tutorial!
but can you be more specif on which files to resize and which to not bcoz you stated in your blog that you dont need to resize all the pngs....

Hey Rahul,

You don't have to resize any images to be honest. But I usually only resize the power menu icons to 24x24 so that they're all the same size. Also the notification bar icons to the same size, 16x16 or 8x8, because otherwise some icons look huge in comparison to others.

For instance, the gps icon should be the same size as the battery icon. Do you know what I mean? :)

rudolf895

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
IND
Here you guys go! This is a simple guide to porting a theme. I am creating a video to go along with this, but I've been having trouble with Fraps atm... Rudolf I'm trying as hard as I can to get you the video! I swear :D

http://francoforr.blogspot.com/2011/05/porting-theme-to-apk-file-in-android.html

i can understand mate :)
But do make a video..And do not edit it,get me the raw file..Cuz many asked me for this tutorial but i cant make one as your a pro in theme making..:D
I'll Edit the video to its best.
but as some one said above
use Camtasia Best programme to record screens :)

Ps: Give me a HD video for best results :)

Last edited:

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
But do make a video..And do not edit it,get me the raw file..Cuz many asked me for this tutorial but i cant make one as your a pro in theme making..:D

I will have it by the end of tomorrow PROMISE! Since I finally get a day off of work lol. Tonight I'm going to plan the video, and tomorrow make it so I don't have to keep stop & starting the video.

Reactions: rudolf895

barqers

Nov 17, 2010

How can i change font color in menu...:confused:

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been on vacation since Thursday afternoon. What ROM are you currently using?

That screenshot looks like it was from an earlier version of the minimal matte theme. I would suggest using the newest 2.0 and see if that fixes it!

If not let me know and I will check into that for you!

Reactions: vijacdblz

damien91

Nov 24, 2010
Budapest
You are great guys, i know there are a lot of forums where you can find everything step by step but nothing can be better for newbies than a wellmade video ;)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA Premium App

vijacdblz

Sep 13, 2010
chennai
Sorry for the slow reply. I've been on vacation since Thursday afternoon. What ROM are you currently using?

That screenshot looks like it was from an earlier version of the minimal matte theme. I would suggest using the newest 2.0 and see if that fixes it!

No it minimal matte 2.0(but the wallpaper's from 1.3)

menu popup was black with white text by default:rolleyes:,tried to change it to white(copied the .png files from blue matte theme)

but could'nt figure out how to change the text color...:confused:

barqers

Nov 17, 2010
No it minimal matte 2.0(but the wallpaper's from 1.3)

menu popup was black with white text by default:rolleyes:,tried to change it to white(copied the .png files from blue matte theme)

but could'nt figure out how to change the text color...:confused:

I was always thought that the text color is within the actual ROM itself. Let me ask Lestat if it's within the framework apk file though.

What ROM are you using?

rudolf895

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
IND
@barqers
Could you add the video to first post?
As the first post seems to be outdated.."It still has i will get the video to rudolf..etc"
so just edit it if possible n add the video

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the final video! I hope this allows everyone to start theming like crazy! :p

I will have it by the end of tomorrow PROMISE! Since I finally get a day off of work lol. Tonight I'm going to plan the video, and tomorrow make it so I don't have to keep stop & starting the video.
    Raw video:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0k6n8u5cqq0lrit

Rudolf is going to work wonders to it i'm sure :)

How can i change font color in menu...:confused: