[Q] rooting for first time a nc 1.4.3 not working

Search This thread

danalog

Jul 6, 2012
Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD. :(

bluepen61

Apr 26, 2011
Geneseo
Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD. :(

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread and you should have CM7 going. You should end up with CM7 on a uSD card; I recommend a Sandisk card.

If you want to root B&N 1.4.3, follow the OP of this thread. It is for rooting with Manualnooter.

Personally, I have both CM7 and rooted B&N 1.4.3/MN 5.2.19 on the emmc and they share the uSD card data for the most part. You could try this if you have patience by following the OP at this thread.

OP = Original Post

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
Shuman;

Follow Bluepen's ist link.

I just finished and using a 32gb Kingston card, got a virgin Nook running 1.4.3 to work.

It took a couple tries, and a little patience to let the system boot, but it seems to work well.

Thanks BP61!!:victory:

tmettler5

Aug 27, 2010
I did all of the steps in order, and the code scrolled through (is it normal to see lists of I/O errors?) When it finished, it powered down. Now it won't turn on with the SD card inserted, but powers up fine to BN Stock without the card. Using a PNY 16GB class 4 card.

Edit: Now it won't turn on either way.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread and you should have CM7 going. You should end up with CM7 on a uSD card; I recommend a Sandisk card.

If you want to root B&N 1.4.3, follow the OP of this thread. It is for rooting with Manualnooter.

Personally, I have both CM7 and rooted B&N 1.4.3/MN 5.2.19 on the emmc and they share the uSD card data for the most part. You could try this if you have patience by following the OP at this thread.

OP = Original Post

FWIW, you're not rooting the NC if you are attempting to boot off of the SD. The SD install is rooted by default. Here's leapinlar's very good tips thread:

Leapinlar's Tips Thread