How To depend a value to an external application

Search This thread
F

Fragmentos

Hi
If you take look at Themes fourm you Can see a lot of sttings applications that sets values(colors,sizes and etc) to Some apps(like status bar)...
I want know how To get values from on app and set them to other app.
I tried decompiling apps and look trough them but i couldn't get any thing Cuz Im not good in smali at all :D
If anyone Can help me with java code i will be Thankful to.:good:
And of course I would give him Credit In my mods.;) @serajr
Sorry for this but your SystemUI (thats really Awesome :)) is just what i mean.
Can you help me?
Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi
If you take look at Themes fourm you Can see a lot of sttings applications that sets values(colors,sizes and etc) to Some apps(like status bar)...
I want know how To get values from on app and set them to other app.
I tried decompiling apps and look trough them but i couldn't get any thing Cuz Im not good in smali at all :D
If anyone Can help me with java code i will be Thankful to.:good:
And of course I would give him Credit In my mods.;) @serajr
Sorry for this but your SystemUI (thats really Awesome :)) is just what i mean.
Can you help me?

Hi buddy!!
The answer is: BroadcastReceiver

With Xposed Framework life became easier, and to implement it inside apps is a piece of cake!! But if you want to do the same without Xposed, you need to go into "smali bowels"!

You mentioned my SystemUI mods with external settings app. How did I managed to make this scenario work? BroadcastReceiver once again!
1th - I've registered a custom BroadcastReceiver inside PhoneStatusBar.smali in which receives known intents from my external settings app!
2th - After intent received and filtered, the right job is done!

I don´t know if this short explanation will help you as you want, but that´s the concept!! I can provide you java and smali examples (for both, java and eclipse skills are necessary)!! ;)

Last edited:
F

Fragmentos

Hi buddy!!
The answer is: BroadcastReceiver

With Xposed Framework life became easier, and to implement it inside apps is a piece of cake!! But if you want to do the same without Xposed, you need to go into "smali bowels"!

You mentioned my SystemUI mods with external settings app. How did I managed to make this scenario work? BroadcastReceiver once again!
1th - I've registered a custom BroadcastReceiver inside PhoneStatusBar.smali in which receives known intents from my external settings app!
2th - After intent received and filtered, the right job is done!

I don´t know if this short explanation will help you as you want, but that´s the concept!! I can provide you java and smali examples (for both, java and eclipse skills are necessary)!! ;)

Thank you :)
It seems i should try harder :D
I think i know java as well.
But i usually work with Android Studio.
And If its ok I really want to check and see your examples! ;)
Thank you agian.

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Thank you :)
It seems i should try harder :D
I think i know java as well.
But i usually work with Android Studio.
And If its ok I really want to check and see your examples! ;)
Thank you agian.

Let's focus on a SystemUI mod as example like change some text color... whatever, and I'm gonna put related code over here!!
I just need to prepare something ok!!

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
@serajr
Did you prepare it? :D

@poria1999

Guide done!! I´m gonna start writing a new thread for that, so today yet I think it will be released!!
But I've used ContentObserver instead of BroadcastReceiver (got better results)!!
When done, I´ll edit here with the new thread link!! ;)

( @sandy7, @niaboc79 take a look at whole discussion and tell me what about!! Thanks!!! )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-02-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-02-52.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-49-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-49-18.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 24
  • red_clock_720p.zip
    481.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: sandy7
F

Fragmentos

@poria1999

Guide done!! I´m gonna start writing a new thread for that, so today yet I think it will be released!!
But I've used ContentObserver instead of BroadcastReceiver (got better results)!!

( @sandy7, @niaboc79 take a look at whole discussion and tell me what about!! Thanks!!! )

Thank you bro!
Waiting for!
I think this thread can change the whole story about Theming and moding in xda!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @serajr
    Did you prepare it? :D

@poria1999