Nov 8, 2011
*introducing beats mod for the dna*

*fully functional choices

*choose from 17 different preset options plus a custom option

*dolby digital/wow srs/beats

*works with just about any music player **except htc music**

**screenshots below**

**credits**

*lyapota- for his musicmod on the one x (without that none of this would be possible)
*zounduser- helping me test the mod and getting it all set up
*turge- for making the flashable zip file
*and anyone else that i may have forgotten

**instructions**

pretty basic:
*be on ViperDNA ROM (only tested on this rom)
*reboot into recovery
*make a back-up( just in case. no need really )
*flash and reboot

**htc music app included does not work with mod**

**must download any other music player for beats to work properly**

*disclaimer*im not responsible if ur phone blows up catches on fire or stops working.

**download**

**UPDATE** 2/11

*NOW IT SHOULD WORK FOR ANY ROM WITH INIT.D SUPPORT- credit to lyapota

*added init.d support

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et48q7ezqzymvjh/BeatsDNA.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-10-19-47-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-19-47-31.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6,212
  • Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-00-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-00-28.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5,275
  • Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-00-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-00-36.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 5,075
Last edited:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Sick!!! :p good job op. I live for my music! This will help for sure. :)

Just to clarify, the beats option does work with the stock htc player, but "beats" is the only option available at this time. Any other player, and the full musicbox will work.

I will be hitting up some friends, and see about the stock music player. But for now, i recommend google player, or noozy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
Anyone bold enough to test this on mcd stock rooted?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Guys, it "should" generally speaking, work on any rooted dna rom. We just havent tested on any others. So, please report back to the op with results.

chumba8

May 5, 2008
Seattle Wa
worked fine on supercharged rc4 thanks! all I can say is wow it really makes everything sound better it says I have 2 beats audio on now but oh well lol

Last edited:

AndroidSmitty

Oct 20, 2012
What music player do you all recommend?

ViperDNA

Power Amp, Player Pro, JetAudio Plus, Winamp. That is only a few of the popular ones. They are paid apps that also has free trials to try before you buy. Many more players on google playstore but, any of the ones I just listed in my opinion is going to be good. Give each one i listed a try with headphones and without and see which ones you will like the most before you buy one. Some head phones sound better than others. :)

Reactions: croppz

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Power Amp, Player Pro, JetAudio Plus, Winamp. That is only a few of the popular ones. They are paid apps that also has free trials to try before you buy. Many more players on google playstore but, any of the ones I just listed in my opinion is going to be good. Give each one i listed a try with headphones and without and see which ones you will like the most before you buy one. Some head phones sound better than others. :)

Im trying out double twist. It seems to be okay. I will check out the ones you listed though, thanks.

ViperDNA

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
I went to go edit my settings (turned off beats, used bass boost to try out), after I was done doing so I unplugged my buds. Plugged em back in like 5 mins and I have no way to edit settings again. Options arent showing in notification bar and I cant turn beats on or off.

Edit, was using double twist and power amp.

Maybe Im just derping and missing something here.

ViperDNA

Last edited:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I went to go edit my settings (turned off beats, used bass boost to try out), after I was done doing so I unplugged my buds. Plugged em back in like 5 mins and I have no way to edit settings again. Options arent showing in notification bar and I cant turn beats on or off.

ViperDNA

Hmmmm......ok, try a reboot. That should bring ur options back up bro.

jb_alphamale

Apr 11, 2011
Please let me understand. ViperDNA comes with Beats. You can turn it on/off from settings. It doesn't have any feature but it works. How this mod is going to interfere with the native beats?

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011

ViperDNA

I use power amp myself daily. U should have an option on the volume screen on poweramp that says HTC FX. Click on that and it should take u to the beats screen.

All else fails u can go into settings and click on beats there.

sent from my ViperDNA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *introducing beats mod for the dna*

*fully functional choices

*choose from 17 different preset options plus a custom option

*dolby digital/wow srs/beats

*works with just about any music player **except htc music**

**screenshots below**

**credits**

*lyapota- for his musicmod on the one x (without that none of this would be possible)
    *zounduser- helping me test the mod and getting it all set up
    *turge- for making the flashable zip file
    *and anyone else that i may have forgotten

**instructions**

pretty basic:
    *be on ViperDNA ROM (only tested on this rom)
    *reboot into recovery
    *make a back-up( just in case. no need really )
    *flash and reboot

**htc music app included does not work with mod**

**must download any other music player for beats to work properly**

*disclaimer*im not responsible if ur phone blows up catches on fire or stops working.

**download**

**UPDATE** 2/11

*NOW IT SHOULD WORK FOR ANY ROM WITH INIT.D SUPPORT- credit to lyapota

*added init.d support

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et48q7ezqzymvjh/BeatsDNA.zip
    updated op

*added init.d support
    *should work with all roms with init.d
    Sick!!! :p good job op. I live for my music! This will help for sure. :)

Just to clarify, the beats option does work with the stock htc player, but "beats" is the only option available at this time. Any other player, and the full musicbox will work.

I will be hitting up some friends, and see about the stock music player. But for now, i recommend google player, or noozy.

I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

The only thing that I have done differently is install the app SoundAbout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

1. Open the music app, play a song
    2. Exit to the home screen while the song is playing
    3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
    4. Beats icon pops up
    5. Stop the song
    6. Return back to the weather widget, and the Beats icon goes away

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.

Thanks for your reply bro. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off. I think with my brain, urs, and Eric/op, we should b able to narrow down our problems. I'm really wanting to get the stock music player working "fully" with this.

I've gotten to the point where I can get the options to pop up but choosing them does nothing. Most of the beats files in framework.jar have changed dramatically in 1.2.0 which doesn't make sense y but I'm gonna try swapping some of the smali files tonight that deal specifically with beats see where that gets me.

I know there hasn't been much activity on here but I am working on this. I've got a couple other people helping out too.

sent from my ViperDNA