Screen Protectors and Cases Don't "like" Eachother

Search This thread

seventieslord

May 12, 2011
I've tried a couple of different screen protectors, and three different cases, and I have the same problem every time.

The edges of the case tend to push at the edges of the screen protector, and start to pull it up. You can "fix" it a few times but eventually dust gets in there and then you just have a few bubbles at the side, which are unsightly.

I need cases and screen protectors that agree with eachother... where do I go?

vpetkar

Dec 2, 2012
Mississauga, ON
OK here's a revolutionary idea: scissors.

Cut the screen protector 3mm and stick it on. Don't complicate things!

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: chadouming

seventieslord

May 12, 2011

Has this worked for you or are you just assuming? I find it very unlikely that scissors wouldn't warp the edge slightly, stopping it from going on cleanly.

A razor blade MIGHT do it, but I doubt that too. The problem is (and it applies to scissors too) is that you're cutting three layers including the two that you pull off just prior to application. It's impossible to perfectly cut through all that with household items.

It's easier without those layers, sure, but try cutting it after taking those layers off. You'll get dust or a fingerprint or some other imperfection on the sticky side, leading to a bubble underneath that you'll never get rid of. It is hard enough to avoid errant dust even when applying it 5 seconds after taking the protective layer off. 1-2 bubbles is par for the course.

So no, I wouldn't say this is very revolutionary.

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Hi!

I understand your need for extra protection but I do have a few options for you:

- Otter box (if available, and it should be) always include a screen protector on their cases. Yes it is bulky, but you have so much armor.

- Full protection Zagg shield. This is a screen film that is fully flexible, and robust to the extent that it's almost indestructible! Zagg offers these kind of films on screen, back, and sides (Max protection option). So it's like applying a plastic cover all over the phone.

Hope this gives you a hint.

Last edited:

ryocho

Jan 21, 2011
really tight cases (TPU, polycarbonate) tend to cause screen protector to lift on the edges, one way to get around that is to get a silicone or silicone/polycarbonate hybrid (think otterbox) case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.