tf700 not recognized by pc

Search This thread

drernie

Feb 9, 2013
I trying to flash my tf700 with a custom rom, since it's terribly slow and barely usable. I've unlocked the device with the asus tool. But when i'm trying to install trwp tablet isn't recognized.
I've installed sdk, naked usb drivers, asus drivers. But nothing works. Is there a way to flash a different rom with having to install a new bootloader?

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Depending on what you have now, you may not have to install a different bootloader. But you do have to install a custom recovery and you need fastboot for that.
Driver issues in Windows are frustrating to solve, but don't give up.
1. Try a different USB port. I know, sounds lame, but it has worked for quite a few people.
2. Uninstall Asus Sync and all drivers you have tried so far. Also drivers for older phones/tablets you may still have
3. Try this cool little tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

drernie

Feb 9, 2013
When I start the bootloader with powerbutton and volume down I see the following message, is this correct?

Key driver not found.. booting os
Android cardhu-user bootloader (1.00 e) released by "WW_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801" a03

Starting fastboot usb download protocol.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, that is the bootloader screen and the tablet is in fastboot mode. Never mind the "key driver not found". That's also normal....

drernie

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, that is the bootloader screen and the tablet is in fastboot mode. Never mind the "key driver not found". That's also normal....

I have tried several things, installed asus sync, sdk, google usb drivers and a different pc. Nothing works. Is there a different way to install a different rom?

UPDATE:
I did a new install of windows 7 and now my tablet is recognized by the pc. But when I try to install the twrp.blob file with the fastboot method, I get the error invalid argument and nothing happens. And again I'm having the problem that the tablet is not recognized by the pc.

UPDATE 2:
somehow I managed to flash twrp to the tablet after numerous invalid argument errors after using fastboot. I'm now running crombi kk.

Last edited: