[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3

Search This thread

blu266

Apr 17, 2012
warranty repair

I think so too. But the reason why i'm asking is that i'm trying to bust the myth that knox 0x1 voids your warranty automatically. So far i had a few members say they had to pay for their repair but like you, they were honest and said they screwed up their phone so obviously it was not covered. I have yet to see a person that brought their phone in and played the dumb card and when the repair man saw knox he refused to repair for free. I have myself used my warranty with knox 0x1 and i have not had any problems. There is no where in Samsung policy where it says that tripping fuse voids warranty.

I totally bricked my i9505 after I'd previously tripped the Knox warranty 0x1, I took it to a Samsung repair Centre and played dumb , they repaired the phone for free putting the latest kitkat firmware v4.4.2 . The service Centre did say if there was no warranty on the phone any hardware repairs would be a charged. I bought the phone on eBay and wasn't sure if it was still under warranty.Unfortunately I hate kitKat and now can't downgrade to jb v4.3. Absolutely no mention of efuses.

kris1975

Apr 9, 2009
Vitez
I don't think it was mentioned here so I'm just going to post this;
You can downgrade if you have Exynos Note 3.
Details are here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52408318&postcount=87

So, what can we (owners of N9005) do?
Can somebody solve problem with network reception on 4.4.2 or to find way to get back to 4.3?
Did anyone contacted Samsung Mobile to try solve this problem, or to unlock our's bootloader so we can downgrade firmware?
This is not good thing for Samsung, as we have problem with a flagship device from Samsung

Louis235

Jan 14, 2013
Münsterland
So, what can we (owners of N9005) do?
Can somebody solve problem with network reception on 4.4.2 or to find way to get back to 4.3?
Did anyone contacted Samsung Mobile to try solve this problem, or to unlock our's bootloader so we can downgrade firmware?
This is not good thing for Samsung, as we have problem with a flagship device from Samsung

Yes, the same here:(. But I fear, right now, there's nothing we can do. I tried many elder modems but always same result: problems with booting, very laggy phone and loss of baseband, imei and so on. Only reflashing XXUGNG1 FW solved it (for me). Very sad thing. Such a great phone and so little mobile data receipt:(

bogdan1980

Sep 28, 2012
Bucharest greatest city ever
I have one note3 with 4.3, rom its from oct13.
And mine with 442 nd3.

Mine its faster, batt last longer. On 442 samsuck undervolt all cpu, so its work longer and cooler.

On 4.3 boat browser has text wrapper, on mine not working. But i begun to use Dolphin, Opera with text wrap.
442 nd3 is way better then wife 4.3.
Scrolling is smoother on pages in 442, tested with both phones in my hand, same pages, same browser.
Also 442 has 2.71gb ram, 4.3 only 2.38gb

Note 3 rooted knox 1, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom. Stay away from Samsuck!

Reactions: Louis235

kris1975

Apr 9, 2009
Vitez
Yes, the same here:(. But I fear, right now, there's nothing we can do. I tried many elder modems but always same result: problems with booting, very laggy phone and loss of baseband, imei and so on. Only reflashing XXUGNG1 FW solved it (for me). Very sad thing. Such a great phone and so little mobile data receipt:(

Well, I have latest modem but problem still persist. Considering signal dropping problem, I temporarly found a sollution.
Go to System settings -> More networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode and change it to WCDMA only. Since it is more sensitive network type, It will hold signal better. You can make calls even when signal strenght is -101 dBm.
Since it is 4G network this sollution works only in places which are covered with 4G network GSM repeaters.
I hope that Samsung will solve this problem. I think that it is KitKat problem, more precisely, antenna power consuption is low so that battery would last longer.
If this helps you, feel free to thank me :laugh:

Reactions: Louis235

R3d_Wolf

Dec 11, 2011
Note 2 root

Hy guys,
I need an information and didnt quite understood if is possible or not ...

I have a Note 2(N7100), on which i received the 4.4.2 update, and i hate it, it's full of bugs and so on.
If i root my phone using ... cf or cwm... can i falsh the 4.3 on it ?

Thanks in advance.

jemis1983

Aug 22, 2012
OPPO Find X2 Pro
That firmware won't work on our 9005 wool it? I will try it if it will

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1.go to recovery wipe everything.

2. Flash egain your stock rom.

3. If u have any issues flash lollipop egain and wait the official release.

Let me know if you flash the bootloader with 5.0 lollipop!!!!!

HIF I HELP HIP THE THANKS BOUTTIN!!

jaysoncharles

Feb 16, 2015
downgrade note 3 n900

i really need to get rid of 4.4.2 on my note 3 n900t , since the 5.0 update isnt out as yet i would like to downgrade to 4.3 jellybean can someone please assist me ? i have already downloaded the 4.3 firmware form the sammobile site but im getting failed while using odin, is it something with the boot-loader ?

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
i really need to get rid of 4.4.2 on my note 3 n900t , since the 5.0 update isnt out as yet i would like to downgrade to 4.3 jellybean can someone please assist me ? i have already downloaded the 4.3 firmware form the sammobile site but im getting failed while using odin, is it something with the boot-loader ?
Yes, it's the bootloader. Sucks I know... if I remember correctly, there was a rumor of a workaround of first having to odin a Mexican market 4.4.2 firmware first, then from there odin to 4.3 ... I have no idea about this lol....just saw some random Post...if you find anything please report back.

Good luck! I'm looking to roll back to 4.3 as well.