[Q] Unlock Phone

Search This thread

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
Hi,
Is it possible unlock my phone to work with any carrier if I have my bootloader unlocked already?

Thanks!

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Hi,
Is it possible unlock my phone to work with any carrier if I have my bootloader unlocked already?

Thanks!

No. Which variant do you have? If it is a Sprint device, my sim-crack can unlock it. Any other device, you should be able to purchase a sim-unlock code for somewhere between $10 and $30 from an online sim-unlock code seller.

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
No. Which variant do you have? If it is a Sprint device, my sim-crack can unlock it. Any other device, you should be able to purchase a sim-unlock code for somewhere between $10 and $30 from an online sim-unlock code seller.

This is my problem. I requested to motorola an unlock code to unlock my Moto X and work with any carrier. Three days later they send me my code to release it. But when I put my code on my phone... doesn't work. :/. I entered the code many time but the result was the same. At that point my bootloader was locked. So I proceeded to unlock my bootloader. The process was successful. Then I tried to unlock my phone again but still doesn't work :(.

Today I talk with Motorola... and they said that the problem is because my bootloader is unlocked. I don't think so, because I tried to unlock it before and after unlock my bootloader.

Anyway... Motorola can't help me anymore because I lose warranty for unlock my bootloader.

So my question is : Can I unlock my phone if my bootloader is unlocked?.

Thanks!

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
This is my problem. I requested to motorola an unlock code to unlock my Moto X and work with any carrier. Three days later they send me my code to release it. But when I put my code on my phone... doesn't work. :/. I entered the code many time but the result was the same. At that point my bootloader was locked. So I proceeded to unlock my bootloader. The process was successful. Then I tried to unlock my phone again but still doesn't work :(.

Today I talk with Motorola... and they said that the problem is because my bootloader is unlocked. I don't think so, because I tried to unlock it before and after unlock my bootloader.

Anyway... Motorola can't help me anymore because I lose warranty for unlock my bootloader.

So my question is : Can I unlock my phone if my bootloader is unlocked?.

Thanks!

Yes, but Motorola has nothing to do with it.

Unlocking the BL doesn't make you unable to Sim unlock.

You just need to do it the right way. Motorola has NEVER given out Sim unlock codes.

I asked you which variant you had and you never answered.

Be careful not to make too many incorrect unlock attempts or you will be permanently Sim locked. Once this happens there is nothing you can do.

Again, the bootloader has nothing to do with Sim lock, and neither does Motorola. Only the carriers can Sim unlock you... And the online code sellers.

The carriers would throw a fit if moto gave out Sim unlock codes. Moto has no right to do that, and never have.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Since you claim that moto sent you a Sim unlock code (which is impossible) your problem is that you entered an incorrect code too many times.

You really should have known better. If it doesn't work once, it's wrong. Just silly to keep trying the same code...

Anyways, if you tried too many times you are permanently locked and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Let it be a lesson. Never never never keep entering the wrong code. After a threshold number of attempts, a q fuse is blown permanently Sim locking it to the carrier.

alrojas

Apr 18, 2013
Yes, but Motorola has nothing to do with it.

Unlocking the BL doesn't make you unable to Sim unlock.

You just need to do it the right way. Motorola has NEVER given out Sim unlock codes.

I asked you which variant you had and you never answered.

Be careful not to make too many incorrect unlock attempts or you will be permanently Sim locked. Once this happens there is nothing you can do.

Again, the bootloader has nothing to do with Sim lock, and neither does Motorola. Only the carriers can Sim unlock you... And the online code sellers.

The carriers would throw a fit if moto gave out Sim unlock codes. Moto has no right to do that, and never have.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Since you claim that moto sent you a Sim unlock code (which is impossible) your problem is that you entered an incorrect code too many times.

You really should have known better. If it doesn't work once, it's wrong. Just silly to keep trying the same code...

Anyways, if you tried too many times you are permanently locked and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Let it be a lesson. Never never never keep entering the wrong code. After a threshold number of attempts, a q fuse is blown permanently Sim locking it to the carrier.

:eek:. How I know if my phone is pemanetly locked because I try a lot... a lot :(. I've attached my About Phone Screen.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-03-11-49-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-03-11-49-34.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 40