[MOD]Update Bluetooth to add HID (keyboards, etc) Support

Search This thread

vdChild

Jun 26, 2010
I've been able to make a wiimote work using bluezime on viper and hatka. Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

o_O why don't you create a thread with steps on how you got this working I'm sure others would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

amathophobia

Aug 28, 2008
Orlando, FL
It is quite simple. Install bluezime from the play store. Make sure and install the hidenabler.apk that is mentioned in the play store description of bluezime. Then follow the instructions that are displayed when you open up bluezime. I cannot remember if I installed the hid pack from dsb first. It may or may not matter if you install it.

jinx01

Dec 25, 2007
Unfortunately but as far as I can remember with HTC and sense Bluetooth gamepad support has always been broken

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

This is true, but a modified BT stack should be possible. It was on my old school evo4g. Did seem like, however, that sense didn't play nice with the modified stack, so you had to be on aosp to do it.

jinx01

Dec 25, 2007
It is quite simple. Install bluezime from the play store. Make sure and install the hidenabler.apk that is mentioned in the play store description of bluezime. Then follow the instructions that are displayed when you open up bluezime. I cannot remember if I installed the hid pack from dsb first. It may or may not matter if you install it.

It was quite simple! Thanks for the tip. Installed the app and the linked to hid pack. I didn't install the OP mod, but nonetheless it is working - played some super punch out on a wii controller last night!:highfive:

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
This is true, but a modified BT stack should be possible. It was on my old school evo4g. Did seem like, however, that sense didn't play nice with the modified stack, so you had to be on aosp to do it.

Yes, historically HID keyboards, game pads, etc., have not worked well on Sense roms. They have worked fine on HTC devices as long as you are on AOSP. At least that has been my experience... So it is nice to see some progress.

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
The reason sense does not like controllers is due to everyone uses a proprietary driver and htc has there own bluetooth stack since crpalmer is slowly replacing bluetooth drivers it shall be possible as his kernels are greatly stable keep your eyes open asop would make things easier and seeing how cm10 is so close as soon as sound is good im changing as my ps3 will be able to link and then i might TRY TO WRITE a nice bluetooth controller app like a steering wheel for racing gt5

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
The reason sense does not like controllers is due to everyone uses a proprietary driver and htc has there own bluetooth stack since crpalmer is slowly replacing bluetooth drivers it shall be possible as his kernels are greatly stable keep your eyes open asop would make things easier and seeing how cm10 is so close as soon as sound is good im changing as my ps3 will be able to link and then i might TRY TO WRITE a nice bluetooth controller app like a steering wheel for racing gt5

I've actually replaced all the bluetooth drivers (in the 1.1.x versions of my kernels) with the CAF drivers and in 1.1.17 I also added the google UHID (userspace HID driver). The UHID driver isn't useful now, but I'm hoping that this will make cm10.1 work better.

Without going to a ROM based on AOSP source, if you're going to be able to do something in user-land with these drivers, you should be able to do it now. There isn't anything else to really add to it...

t1gartist

Dec 8, 2012
newport news
I'm thinking it will take cyanogenmod still even with drivers replaced Bluetooth won't link to ps3 to use blue ime or apps like it but I noticed cm and miui have notices for ps3 but then again during a config I was running custom ps3 has only two options in menu config m and n so it might not be compatible

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I tried this but cannot seem to get it to connect. I'm using Viper ROM if that matters...

juhde

Mar 30, 2010
Carlsbad, NM
www.twitter.com
Last edited:
Reactions: Novakingwai

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013

Azbulldog

Jul 16, 2012
I had it working once before on a different ROM, but after trying again with the Sense 5 ROM it kept asking for the Wii remote's PIN on connection. I downloaded the beta 1.17 and tried again, and it connected fine without a PIN.

ghstrdr1985

Sep 11, 2010
Midlothian
www.fedex.com
Ok so after careful reading of this thread, is the PS3 controller compatible with connecting to the DNA? And if it does work, what app would be ideal to configure settings & whatnot? That is all. Thank you.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Ok new thing. I am trying to connect 2 wiimote's at a time. I try going into Bluez IME and enabling 2 controllers. I can get the 1st one to connect, but not the 2nd one. After trying to pair it I start getting error messages like "Error: software aborted the connection." and others. How can I connect 2 wiimote's at a time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will update the Bluetooth drivers to add HID support for things like keyboards and mice.

Flash in recovery.

Download Here

MD5: 71a1519ff6bd60cc3979a6ce46e1b9d0

D

I had thought what I did would allow the controllers as well, but only had a kybd to test.

Sorry guys.

D

is this independent of the kernel??

Yes.

D

Took a little bit to reboot after installed but seems to work good. Thanks!