[Q] Help recovering XT910

Search This thread

ifinci

Jul 4, 2012
Hi,
about a month ago, I managed to brick my XT910 - I was doing factory reset when I had couple of images installed (using safestrap).
The Battery went dead, as it entered a bootloop which I didn't notice.

I ordered a "Factory Cable", and now I'm able to use AP Fastboot recovery to flash a new image (4.1.2 image). As long as I'm connected with the factory cable to the computer, everything seems OK (flash succeed, I can go and setup the new system, connect to wifi...).

But - the battery never charges. As soon as I take off the factory cable, the phone dies. When I'm connecting regular charger, or regular USB cable to the computer, I get the red circle "M" logo, but it never progress - not booting and not showing the battery image.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,
Ilan

ifinci

Jul 4, 2012
Try keeping it plugged in for a few hours. It should charge.

Have tried, it was connected with both the factory cable and regular charger for few hours each times.
The battery picture (when the phone is off, but connected to power) doesn't even show up.

Any idea if the boot might have been defected? If so - any way to fix it?

I do able to go into fastboot & recovery boot options.

Thanks

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Have you tried charging it through your usb port. Using the normal cable.

If nothing else works, Flash the stock ROM using RSDLite. It should fix any issue related to bad flash or anything corrupted.

ifinci

Jul 4, 2012
Yes - tried charging with regular cable from the USB port - nothing comes on in the screen, just the led is glowing white.

I've tried to flash few stock images - 4.0.4 versions I can get flashed, and they run, but the battery icon shows a question mark (and in the system settings-> battery it says unknown).
2.3.6 images do not flash at all (I get failed in RDSlight on the first stage).

Any idea? Is there a boot only file I can flash another way.

Thanks