[CLOSED] [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Vivid, Raider, Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Does anyone have a good way of getting that little back panel off? Even the smallest of jeweler's screwdrivers that I have is too big for it.....

The panel doesn't need to go back on; I think I've done enough to void this phone's warranty, lol.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using XDA Premium App

Reactions: RyTheShark

doktor buknasty

Feb 21, 2009
New York
Does anyone have a good way of getting that little back panel off? Even the smallest of jeweler's screwdrivers that I have is too big for it.....

The panel doesn't need to go back on; I think I've done enough to void this phone's warranty, lol.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using XDA Premium App

Have you tried to use a small flathead screwdriver?

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Have you tried to use a small flathead screwdriver?

I've tried using a 2mm flathead, which is still too big to fit in...

I guess I should ask about to see if any of my friends have a smaller one.

Also, how strict is the "stripped wire" requirement? Can it just be conducting wire (i.e. would it be passable to do it with an unstripped headphone cable just across the jacks)? Or does it need to be able to directly interact?

Last edited:

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
I've tried using a 2mm flathead, which is still too big to fit in...

I guess I should ask about to see if any of my friends have a smaller one.

Also, how strict is the "stripped wire" requirement? Can it just be conducting wire (i.e. would it be passable to do it with an unstripped headphone cable just across the jacks)? Or does it need to be able to directly interact?

i used old usb wire guts :D

Reactions: come at me bro

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
i used old usb wire guts :D

I'm considering using a metal paperclip with electrical tape as a grip at this point. Smaller flathead still didn't do the trick...ergh. Time to find a Swiss Army knife or something.

EDIT: Just got it out using a rubber band and my 2mm Phillips head screwdriver. Is there any merit to leaving that cover off, permanently?

Last edited:

citsong

Feb 11, 2012
Ok I got control bear to run and I try doing the wire trick and it comes to a point where it says
Fastboot detected
Rebooting device
Found device... Please wait....
quit....
press enter to exit...

Phone boots up normally and still s-on

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
I'm considering using a metal paperclip with electrical tape as a grip at this point. Smaller flathead still didn't do the trick...ergh. Time to find a Swiss Army knife or something.

EDIT: Just got it out using a rubber band and my 2mm Phillips head screwdriver. Is there any merit to leaving that cover off, permanently?

See that little grey tape holding the chip in place. Plus all those chips etc must get hurt by dust etc

I put it back on I think it will make a difference one day

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

citsong

Feb 11, 2012
Done the wire trick numerous times and it reboots the phone but it seems like all it's doing is wiping the sd card. Using speaker wire to do it. Cut open some usb cables but they just seemed way to thick. Anyone have this happen to them? Can't be that far from getting it right. Could I possibly be touching the wrong pin? I'm pretty sure that I'm on the right one but they are pretty close together so if thats the problem then I just gotta keep trying.

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Cover off, paperclip acquired, fastboot flashed jb_boot.img.

Symantec Enterprise is ringing off the hook. I hope this is actually safe.

htcvividnoob

Nov 8, 2011
Southern California
Cover off, paperclip acquired, fastboot flashed jb_boot.img.

Symantec Enterprise is ringing off the hook. I hope this is actually safe.

I don't think you are supposed to flash jb_boot.img, unless it's a different procedure for Linux. On Windows I just connected my phone to my PC and ran the ControlBear program, followed directions from there. I did not flash jb_boot.img at any point.

tanner4137

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
If I have all of my fastboot files on my windows computer, would it matter if I switched to a linux to get S-Off?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
a wire tie did the trick for me. It's rigid enough where you can easy control it, and it is also already shielded. I had no issue with the wire trick as it was successful both times I ran the program (had to run the second time because the first time around it was stuck at "found device, waiting").

Good luck to those of you that will be attempting the procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: Non-working links removed. Also, primary support must be done on XDA if you're going to post an XDA Development thread. @Fuses, Report this OP if you want us to unlock the thread so that you can fix it.

Instructions and Downloads:

Support:

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website:

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    MOD EDIT (04/01/12):

I am opening this thread for the OP. Please keep this thread clean & free of posts that are not relevant so that the developers & contributors can easily reference find the information they need. Irrelevant posts will be deleted or otherwise dealt with.

To say thanks, use the thanks button. For all other issues or matters, please comply with the OP's direction or requests.

Guys/Gals, I am locking this thread for now.

I know everyone is excited & I know the developer appreciates all the thanks & congrats, but let's please keep the thread clean & hold the questions till the information/download are published.

Please contact me or the moderator team for each respective forum, when you are ready to release.

Is that is you Dane?
    I would just like to reconfirm what was said in the previous post. Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things up front.

• Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    • Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    • Don't if it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    • Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.
    It works on all 8660 chipsets I believe..they figured out some kinda exploit to acheive true s-off..and now everyone (myself included) is like..tweaked waiting for them to release it to us to play with. Patience..it will come. Ours is not to question timeframes or ETAs. Just be grateful, and be happy someone took the time to figure it out.

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium
    Come on guys! Go chat elsewhere

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

I created a thread in general for any s-off discussion. We should respect the devs request to leave this thread clear of chatter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603483