[CLOSED] [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Vivid, Raider, Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Done with unshielded paperclip. Only question:

You blokes who installed the modified HBOOT on offer, what's the difference between it and the ATT ICS 1.85 one?

Should I flash it? Should I not bother? If I do, how easy is it to go back?

KCutrer1

Sep 5, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
I just did this and installed the jb_hboot. Haven't noticed anything different, but have only been running for a few minutes. The title of the hboot is changed to Juopunutbear, but that's all I've found so far.

tanner4137

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
I just did this and installed the jb_hboot. Haven't noticed anything different, but have only been running for a few minutes. The title of the hboot is changed to Juopunutbear, but that's all I've found so far.

Was it a difficult process? I am worried about bricking my phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

citsong

Feb 11, 2012
Do I need to flash the boot.img? What files should I have on my sd card? Done this wire trick so many times and I know alot of it is timing but I just feel like I'm missing something even though I'm following the instructions

KCutrer1

Sep 5, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Was it a difficult process? I am worried about bricking my phone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA
Not at all. Connected the phone, ran control bear in admin mode, then did the wire trick when prompted on screen. I used some stripped copper wire, but people are reporting other things work as well. As for installing the hboot, at the end of the s-off procedure it asks if you want to install it, so i said yes and it did it all for me. All in all, it was a pretty painless procedure. I spent most of my time looking for the wire :p

Reactions: tanner4137

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010

According to the IRC, "hboot advantage is working fastboot commands write/erase".

Hmm, now when I try to fastboot flash boot boot.img, it terminates with a "remote: not allowed" error....

Last edited:

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
According to the IRC, "hboot advantage is working fastboot commands write/erase".

Hmm, now when I try to fastboot flash boot boot.img, it terminates with a "remote: not allowed" error....

Try unlocking your bootloader with your unlock token.

I didn't install the included hboot, after getting s-off my bootloader was back to "locked" and not unlocked or re-locked. I was getting the same not allowed error so I just re-unlocked it with the unlock token and now fastboot flash works again.

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Try unlocking your bootloader with your unlock token.

I didn't install the included hboot, after getting s-off my bootloader was back to "locked" and not unlocked or re-locked. I was getting the same not allowed error so I just re-unlocked it with the unlock token and now fastboot flash works again.

I see. I flashed the JB one for now, but I might revert to the stock one.

MisterSchnapps

May 30, 2010
S-OFF'd on the first try! great work to all those involved. Was a little skeptical about the "wire-trick" but didnt let it stop me.
thanks again!

Last edited:

megatronisabeast

Apr 16, 2011
S-OFF'd on the first try! great work to all those involved. Was a little skeptical about the "wire-trick" but didnt let it stop me.

it might be a good idea to note the possibility of data loss/corruption of sdcard.

i lost quite a few important files, and was pretty pissed about it. but all is well and it was worth it to get s-off.

thanks again.

They do mention the loss of data on their site before the directions under prerequisites. It says you may want to back up data using a spare sd card due to data loss.

Reactions: MisterSchnapps

albaboi123

Nov 9, 2009
Toronto
I'm all good just got questions
I have s-off, and still htc unlocked
what and how are the best way to install ROMs now?
What's this CID stuff and what not?

MisterSchnapps

May 30, 2010
They do mention the loss of data on their site before the directions under prerequisites. It says you may want to back up data using a spare sd card due to data loss.

Yeah, realized that after I posted, which is why I edited my post. . Never looked at the whole site. Just the page linked in OP.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA Premium HD app

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
Here is the cmd I used to see, change, and check the CID

fastboot.exe getvar cid
pause

fastboot oem writecid 11111111
pause

fastboot reboot-bootloader
pause

fastboot getvar cid
pause

akafarmer

Apr 1, 2012
When I run ControlBear.exe the command window finds my device, but fails on transferring backups and then starts exiting and the only option I have is to press Enter to exit. I am running ICS perm rooted with HBoot unlocked. What am I doing wrong? I thought the backup was optional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: Non-working links removed. Also, primary support must be done on XDA if you're going to post an XDA Development thread. @Fuses, Report this OP if you want us to unlock the thread so that you can fix it.

Instructions and Downloads:

Support:

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website:

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    MOD EDIT (04/01/12):

I am opening this thread for the OP. Please keep this thread clean & free of posts that are not relevant so that the developers & contributors can easily reference find the information they need. Irrelevant posts will be deleted or otherwise dealt with.

To say thanks, use the thanks button. For all other issues or matters, please comply with the OP's direction or requests.

Guys/Gals, I am locking this thread for now.

I know everyone is excited & I know the developer appreciates all the thanks & congrats, but let's please keep the thread clean & hold the questions till the information/download are published.

Please contact me or the moderator team for each respective forum, when you are ready to release.

Is that is you Dane?
    I would just like to reconfirm what was said in the previous post. Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things up front.

• Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    • Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    • Don't if it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    • Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.
    It works on all 8660 chipsets I believe..they figured out some kinda exploit to acheive true s-off..and now everyone (myself included) is like..tweaked waiting for them to release it to us to play with. Patience..it will come. Ours is not to question timeframes or ETAs. Just be grateful, and be happy someone took the time to figure it out.

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium
    Come on guys! Go chat elsewhere

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

I created a thread in general for any s-off discussion. We should respect the devs request to leave this thread clear of chatter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603483