TPT For Blade ICS Compatible

Search This thread

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
Hi

I had trouble getting ICS to load on my blade until i made a TPT of my own with TPT Helper.

Thought i'd share it.

This gives you 20mb cache,220mb system & 216mb free space.

My phone is a Gen 1 upgraded to Gen2.

All versions of ICS worked with this on my phone.

Make sure you have a rom on your sd card first before flashing.

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK !

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKED PHONES !

Enjoy. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4prq55ak7iqbk4p

MD5 - d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Last edited:

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
Can't say i've had any problems with downloading apps or it would be pointless using it really.

:)

wbaw

no i works even a 2 mb cache works.

i too use a tpt with 20mb cache and i can install all apps from the market

2mb cache works, with cm based roms, because they redirect /cache to /data if /cache is under 20mb - maybe it still does with this, as there's a bit of overhead for the filesystem, so it's just wasting 18mb in that case. /cache is only used for market downloads & a few small log files in clockworkmod, nothing else.

If /cache doesn't get redirected to /data, sd-ext or tmpfs, then the size of /cache dictates the maximum size app or game that you can download from the market.

Maybe something like 180mb system / 2mb cache would be better, or 200mb system if we must. Standard European blades only have about 210mb system, 220mb is just for the Chinese stock roms, so rom devs need to keep it under 205mb including all addons. I'll wait & see.

Last edited:
Reactions: manimaluk

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
2mb cache works, with cm based roms, because they redirect /cache to /data if /cache is under 20mb - maybe it still does with this, as there's a bit of overhead for the filesystem, so it's just wasting 18mb in that case. /cache is only used for market downloads & a few small log files in clockworkmod, nothing else.

If /cache doesn't get redirected to /data, sd-ext or tmpfs, then the size of /cache dictates the maximum size app or game that you can download from the market.

Maybe something like 180mb system / 2mb cache would be better, or 200mb system if we must. Standard European blades only have about 210mb system, 220mb is just for the Chinese stock roms, so rom devs need to keep it under 205mb including all addons. I'll wait & see.

anyway the largest szie game i downloaded was angry birds let me see if bigger games or apps work.

Reactions: manimaluk

manimaluk

Jan 8, 2011
My dev knowledge is close to zero, so i can't comment on this a great deal.
All i know is that i kept getting stuck on a boot loop when i tried to install ICS, but since i made this TPT i can install any of the ICS builds which was my aim.

Because it worked for me, i thought it might help other people who are having the same problem.

If you can improve and maybe make a better TPT, i would be gratefull and would give it a try.

I welcome anything which makes my blade a better device.

:)

Last edited:

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
strange thing is 2 mb cache is getting errors in cwm while flashing rom if we dont clear cache as /cache is full but market works well.

so i think 20 is good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no i works even a 2 mb cache works.

i too use a tpt with 20mb cache and i can install all apps from the market

anyway the largest szie game i downloaded was angry birds let me see if bigger games or apps work.