[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

Search This thread

revo_65

Sep 19, 2011
This is great, stock look but amazing performance.

Pry a strange request to most but would it be possible to implement the possibility of having only one screen? Ik most people run multiple but I tend to keep things minimal.

kutrgmap

Dec 10, 2010
awesome launcher, my device gains huge improvement over Launcher Pro. I just wonder is it really "code optimized" or just another battery hunger tuning launcher?

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
Pl. Make it for MDPI .

HTC Sense 3.5,Android 2.3.5

MDPI is already on my to-do list, and I already have some ideas on how to make it work.

But out of curiosity, where did you get a Sense 3.5 MDPI rom? Assuming you are using what's on your sig, of course.

This is great, stock look but amazing performance.

Pry a strange request to most but would it be possible to implement the possibility of having only one screen? Ik most people run multiple but I tend to keep things minimal.

Never thought of that one. :) Have to try it out to see if I can make it work.

awesome launcher, my device gains huge improvement over Launcher Pro. I just wonder is it really "code optimized" or just another battery hunger tuning launcher?

No mate, just optimization, no extra juice needed. Try it out for a couple of days and check for yourself.

Of course if you spend all day scrolling that beautifully smooth app drawer up and down, your battery will drain faster. :) But that's screen usage, not launcher.

Cheers

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Originally Posted by idhbar<br />
Pl. Make it for MDPI .<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
MDPI is already on my to-do list, and I already have some ideas on how to make it work.<br />
<br />
But out of curiosity, where did you get a Sense 3.5 MDPI rom? Assuming you are using what's on your sig, of course.<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by revo_65<br />
This is great, stock look but amazing performance.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Never thought of that one. :) Have to try it out to see if I can make it work.<br />
<br />
Originally Posted by kutrgmap<br />
<br />
<br />
No mate, just optimization, no extra juice needed. Try it out for a couple of days and check for yourself.<br />
<br />
Of course if you spend all day scrolling that beautifully smooth app drawer up and down, your battery will drain faster. :) But that's screen usage, not launcher.<br />
<br />
Cheers
I am using htc explorer with sense 3.5, android 2.3.5. I installed it on my set . The drawer is half showing, due to mdpi problem. Pl. Make it for 720 dpi .

nerotNS

Nov 8, 2011
Looks great i like how it is fast and I like it because it's like stock.But on my LG Optimus Me running CM7 the one half of the drawer is missing and the left side is moved to the right an the icons are blurry but i suppose its because the launcher is HDPI

Sent from my LG-P350 using XDA premium

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
I am using htc explorer with sense 3.5, android 2.3.5. I installed it on my set . The drawer is half showing, due to mdpi problem. Pl. Make it for 720 dpi .

Looks great i like how it is fast and I like it because it's like stock.But on my LG Optimus Me running CM7 the one half of the drawer is missing and the left side is moved to the right an the icons are blurry but i suppose its because the launcher is HDPI

Hey,

Yes, all these issues are caused by screen resolution. I'll update market tonight so it filters out non-HDPI devices, until I give proper support for them.

This means those of you who don't have an HDPI device won't even be able to download it, which is a pity. Bu I', already getting bad reviews because of this, so better this way.

Sorry guys...

Cheers

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
+1 for ldpi support. People with small screen devices (and spare money to buy a better phone) and still want to enjoy android system we need launchers like this. With less than 256 mb ram lot of launchers are killers. Please optimize it for us :p

Swyped from my crappy Galaxy Mini

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Just crashed it om sgs2 2.3.6.
I was loadinv widgets to see how is speed after alot of widgets.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Five pages full of widgets make other launchers kinda laggy. This is standing well.
Consider offerinv folders option cause for me without it is a dealbreaker.

nerotNS

Nov 8, 2011
Hey,

Yes, all these issues are caused by screen resolution. I'll update market tonight so it filters out non-HDPI devices, until I give proper support for them.

This means those of you who don't have an HDPI device won't even be able to download it, which is a pity. Bu I', already getting bad reviews because of this, so better this way.

Sorry guys...

Cheers

Its ok we understand but say when you bring in the mdpi and we will come back :D

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
Five pages full of widgets make other launchers kinda laggy. This is standing well.
Consider offerinv folders option cause for me without it is a dealbreaker.

Can you elaborate what's wrong with the folders? Am I missing something?

If you long-press on any homescreen, the popup let's you add folders. Anything you drag into them will move there, press the top bar of the folder when open and you can change the name...

Is there anything more to do with folders?

Cheers

qaz2453

Nov 20, 2010
Glasgow
No ICS support yet? FC on my nexus s 4.0.3

Really want to try this launcher out:)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Hey,

Sorry guys...

Cheers

Thanks for the news that mdpi device support will come in near future .

yken

Dec 24, 2006
Is it possible to remove appdrawer 3d effect, make it without effect like TW launcher?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Faster Than Light Launcher

Make no mistake, this is the fastest launcher you'll ever run. Small, light, configurable. The Gingerbread launcher as it should have been. No useless stuff, no compromises. Performance and usability are the driving forces here.

On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications. 3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take.

The Lite version still has some of the configurable options pre-loaded that cannot be changed. A lot more stuff is configurable on the full version, check the Pro Version Extras feature list below. Performance or user experience are in no way impaired on the Lite version.

Important: FTL supports all resolutions and ICS, but only 800x480, 854x480, 960x540 and 480x320 devices have 3D drawer enabled! Also ICS has no 3D drawer because it does not contain the "old" opengl interface. But as it is natively accelerated anyway, 2D drawer should be very fast.

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to one of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Basic Instructions:

- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
    - You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
    - You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.

Download link from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lowveld.ftllauncherlite

Try it, you won't regret it!
    more and more features included, im worried this will turn into a GO LAUNCHER alike

so many features requested, from people from GO LAUNCHER? :D

No need to get offensive... :p

Now seriously, up to now every feature added as no impact on performance, and that's my main concern. I don't mind adding stuff, as long as it is useful and does not bloat.

Even the theming was done in a way that it has no impact whatsoever on runtime performance.

But for full disclosure, here are my intended next steps for FTL, in no particular importance order, and definitely with no timeline or ETA associated:

- Fix the drawer always starting at "A". There's a guy always *****ing about this :)
    - Improve the swipe up and down actions to be more configurable (like launching apps and whatnot)
    - On the theming side, find a way to change individual icons
    - completely re-do the dock code to allow more stuff
    - Add a configurable app filter, or some sort of means to build personalized app lists to use on the drawers

Notice that stuff like "horizontal scrolling drawers" is not on the list. Not that it won't be on the future, but I honestly don't consider it a priority. Also over-the-top effects are not, and will probably never be on the list.

Bottom line, apart from the items I mentioned, I'm very much pleased with FTL V3.

Cheers
    New release V1.4.0 is out

So, new version is out, but for now only full version. Sorry guys, I will of course update the Lite version also during the weekend, but I have to get some sleep...

Also the drawer starting always at the top of the list is still there, won't be that easy to change that.

Changelog:
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns (must restart FTL for changes to take effect!)
    - Configurable size of Dock icons
    - Confirmed Froyo support

Cheers
    This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.

Thanks!

hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
    - resizing of widgets

regards

Sure it's ok to make requests, it's the all point of this thread: Listen to users and what they want.

Unfortunately what you are asking will not be in next version. But resizable dock icons and configurable desktop grid will.

Cheers
    Version 3.0.0 is out

Ok guys,

This has been a long time in the oven. On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications.
    3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take., just download the themes and apply.

Here's the current feature list:

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to open app drawer
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" to pull notification bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers