[XOOM 2] Xoom 2 ME - Official Portfolio Case

Search This thread

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
Just bought the Xoom 2 Media Edition, and whilst I'm very happy with the tablet, the portfolio case is proving to be something of a letdown. Specifically it won't stay upright in the 'film watching' position; it just slides back and falls down :-(

Anyone else have any comments about this case?

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using xda premium

Last edited:

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
Same problem here... Is a nice thin case but can't be used as a stand in any position.

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
Raised a support case with Motorola, and they are going to replace it. Will see if the replacement is any better when it arrives...

Sent from my Android tablet using xda premium

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009

Attachments

• WP_000263.jpg
    WP_000263.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: TheFluffyOne

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
The rubberised strips on mine are on the other side of the flap on the case... no wonder it doesn't work!

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
Here's what mine looks like when open.

Sent from my Android phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327784747138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327784747138.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 231

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
Your case is just fine... Fold it inside out. Try to see my photo....

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
If I try to fold it like that, it sits completely vertically and just falls forward. Will have a bit more of a play with it...

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
Replacement case arrived from Motorola and... it stays upright now! The problem with the first case was definitely that the rubberised strips weren't... er... rubbery enough :)

The 'correct' way to stand it up is as I attempted in my video; it just requires a case that's not faulty ;-)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327931990409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327931990409.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 217

TheFluffyOne

Oct 31, 2009
The bad news is that after a week, the replacement case also has lost its ability to stand up. My conclusion is: don't bother with this case if you want to use it to prop up the Xoom :-(

The rubbery strips on the case that should prop it up seem to be a major design flaw. Bad show, Motorola.

K

king200

I just got the Motorola, case from heck, to work. I used foam double sided mounting tape. The kind used to hang light pictures on the wall without using nails.

2 x ½" x 1" strips put into each groove. The tape did not stick well to the textured case. I heated it a shot from a gas lighter (biggest trick in this hack). Zoom's metal case is highly polished and touches the strips in a line. It does not get glue on it and is not sticky removed from the groove.

I'm sure that the strips will need replacement but it takes about 1 minute and I got roll of tape from a $1 store for a couple of feet or tape.

Bad Asciii

=================================================

Try to get the forward edge of tape to roll up the groove on the forward side but not high enough to touch the glass when the case is closed.

g2c

Mar 21, 2012
Replacement case arrived from Motorola and... it stays upright now! The problem with the first case was definitely that the rubberised strips weren't... er... rubbery enough :)

The 'correct' way to stand it up is as I attempted in my video; it just requires a case that's not faulty ;-)

Hello,

Could you please tell where did you buy this xoom 2 me case? Have an idea of it's sold in France too?

Thanks

NiciEEE

Aug 7, 2011
If your not happy...

Just bought the Xoom 2 Media Edition, and whilst I'm very happy with the tablet, the portfolio case is proving to be something of a letdown. Specifically it won't stay upright in the 'film watching' position; it just slides back and falls down :-(

Anyone else have any comments about this case?

If you aren't happy with the case you got. I got one for my XOOM 2 10.1 that has multiple viewing angles, and it also detaches and can be rotated to multiple vertical angles.

http://secondshells.com/tablet-brands/motorola.html

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Hello,

Could you please tell where did you buy this xoom 2 me case? Have an idea of it's sold in France too?

Thanks

The company I bought mine from ships internationally. Check out the link above.

Reactions: TheFluffyOne

Top Liked Posts