[Q] Replacing stock firmware

Search This thread

avxera

May 13, 2012
Hi,

I bought my Moto G from an online store in Romania. The phone is great, but my firmware is AsiaRetail and I would like to change it to a European one, or even the Global version. Can that be done without rooting my phone? Can I somehow select which version to install with the upcoming update? If so I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

avxera

May 13, 2012
Just flash eu retail firmware with xda guide. You don't have to root etc.

Wysłane z Moto G

Yes but it seems like I have to unlock the bootloader. I've had a lot of problems with my last phone and lost the warranty because I wanted a stock android experience. This time I'm trying to keep it simple and safe (as long as I can before I start a flashing spree again)

ToastnButter

Sep 23, 2011
Rybnik/Kraków
Yes but it seems like I have to unlock the bootloader.
You don't.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

And talking about the flashing spree, I did surrender to it. Totally not worth it though, at least for now. Stick with stock, don't mess around, it's as good as it gets. :)

avxera

May 13, 2012
You don't.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

And talking about the flashing spree, I did surrender to it. Totally not worth it though, at least for now. Stick with stock, don't mess around, it's as good as it gets. :)

And what would I have to do to install a EU firmware without root or unlocked bootloader? All the guides I've found need at least one. Any help would be highly appreciated!

ToastnButter

Sep 23, 2011
Rybnik/Kraków
And what would I have to do to install a EU firmware without root or unlocked bootloader? All the guides I've found need at least one. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Dear friend, the following guide is intended for you. It does not require root, nor an unlocked bootloader:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

You'll probably want to wait until official 4.4.3 images are available - that way, you won't need to update your system after flashing, making for a very clean installation.
Enjoy :)

Reactions: avxera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dear friend, the following guide is intended for you. It does not require root, nor an unlocked bootloader:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

You'll probably want to wait until official 4.4.3 images are available - that way, you won't need to update your system after flashing, making for a very clean installation.
    Enjoy :)