One plus one 4k on CM, why can't we?

Search This thread

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Our sensor and hardware is more than capable thought, can't they just force the resolution?

Tell them to fix the video driver that causes the random reboots. Due to the hlte unification, they didn't bother.

The Note 3 isn't progressing quick at all in the CM/AOSP aspect, as people tend to buy the Note 3 for the Pen features.

The camera driver is most likely closed source and CM had to create one for the device - as usual.

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
Tell them to fix the video driver that causes the random reboots. Due to the hlte unification, they didn't bother.

The Note 3 isn't progressing quick at all in the CM/AOSP aspect, as people tend to buy the Note 3 for the Pen features.

The camera driver is most likely closed source and CM had to create one for the device - as usual.

So the random reboot problem on every single AOSP/CM ROM is up to missing proper video drivers? That explains a lot...
Yeah, people buy the Note III for the S-Pen features. Was one of the reasons I got it. But I remember when I had the Note II even on CM/AOSP you could have almost every S-Pen Feature that came with TW. Either by integrated ROM support or by apps like GMD S-Pen Control, CM Note Buddy S-Pen helper, Papyrus etc. Once I installed Paranoid Android on my Note II I never used a TW ROM again. It worked without any problem and I don't remember random reboots. The development on the Note II was awesome despite it had the Exynos processor with lacking drivers and dev support. I expected the Note III to have a better or at least similar development community since it has a Qualcomm processor. But what I see is millions of TW ROMs that are all basically the same. Kernel development is awesome!