[Q] Will tmobile m8 work on att network?

Search This thread

rumdada

Apr 3, 2011
? I trying to trade my iPhone 5s for one but it's a tmobile ? Is it possible to use it on my att service ?

krakerx

Dec 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
OP- You would need to get the phone unlocked via TMo, then depending on what bands are unlocked in the TMo phone, you may be stuck in 3G on AT&T. I know that was the issue with the S3 from TMo going to AT&T

salwansk

Dec 4, 2012
? I trying to trade my iPhone 5s for one but it's a tmobile ? Is it possible to use it on my att service ?

it will work just fine, but you need to unlock it online first and it will cost around $25 http://www.cellunlocker.net/

BUT this what you will experience, the 4G LTE will work sometimes OR it will DROP to 4G/3G only depend on your area (im in Saint louis,MO).

i have the same problem but it doesnt bothering me too much..... It might be solve in future by installing full AT&T stock RUU.

IDK for sure if the hardware its different between AT&T and T-Mobile but usually they are not.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
Do y'all know the correct APN Settings to use for t mobile on a att m8. I can't send or receive pictures

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
I opposite from you
I just buy att m8 and unlock it
use on tmobile network

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
Hopefully there'll be a update to fix this later or someone finds out a fix

salwansk

Dec 4, 2012
Hopefully there'll be a update to fix this later or someone finds out a fix

Dude you so lazy, for God sake just gooooooogle man

Name: T-MOBILE
APN: fast.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
Dude you so lazy, for God sake just gooooooogle man

Name: T-MOBILE
APN: fast.tmobile.com
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Leave in Blank>
MMS port: <Leave in Blank>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

Don't talk crap without asking questions and reading correctly. I already have all that set smh. I obviously said I can't send and receive pictures all that is already set.

salwansk

Dec 4, 2012
Don't talk crap without asking questions and reading correctly. I already have all that set smh. I obviously said I can't send and receive pictures all that is already set.

I'm not talking crap here, cuz I have the same apn settings on my phone and it working just fine.

Anyway tried to add this to apn type "in order without space between" and restart the phone and check if the apn switched back to at&t apn or stayed on T-Mobile apn. And let me know

APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

Last edited:

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I'm not talking crap here, cuz I have the same apn settings on my phone and it working just fine.

Anyway tried to add this to apn type "in order without space between" and restart the phone and check if the apn switched back to at&t apn or stayed on T-Mobile apn. And let me know

APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

No I tried it I still can't send and receive pictures. I read that other people having these issues also

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
Anyone yet know how to fix this without root? I'm not able to send and receive pictures even with the correct apn settings set.