Impressed with 4.4 Rollout

Search This thread

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
Went smoothly, thanks for the help! All is fine. Bit laggy here and there but will give it a few days to settle. I think there is indexing and stuff going on when you upgrade.

Well, if you want to less laggy, go to Developer Setting --> Force GPU Rendering
If you don't have the setting, open setting--> about phone --> tap 7 times on Build Numbers

And also, if your walkman, album, and movie app are back to older version (like mine), you need to download the latest version on it and install it like a normal apk

Boosted_01 R

Sep 22, 2013
Well, if you want to less laggy, go to Developer Setting --> Force GPU Rendering
If you don't have the setting, open setting--> about phone --> tap 7 times on Build Numbers

And also, if your walkman, album, and movie app are back to older version (like mine), you need to download the latest version on it and install it like a normal apk

Decided to give this a shot as well to see if it will help keyboard lag..... Didn't help at all, Keyboard lag is pretty irritating.... Lumia 920 keyboard is super smooth and fast.... still can't believe we still haven't gotten any where close to that ........ :( .... Times like these I miss by Blackberry 9700 lol

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
Decided to give this a shot as well to see if it will help keyboard lag..... Didn't help at all, Keyboard lag is pretty irritating.... Lumia 920 keyboard is super smooth and fast.... still can't believe we still haven't gotten any where close to that ........ :( .... Times like these I miss by Blackberry 9700 lol

Anyway for keyboard lag, go to setting--> keyboard & input --> uncheck all keyboard (chinese and voice)
It works for me xD

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Boosted_01 R

Sep 22, 2013
Anyway for keyboard lag, go to setting--> keyboard & input --> uncheck all keyboard (chinese and voice)
It works for me xD

lol, I suggested those settings a couple of posts back for other users, I even have gesture turned off.... I guess lag depends on how fast users type.... Get cracking Sony

rycexboi

Sep 30, 2012
It works for me xD

Tried it and even though it help a little, its still screwing up with my swipe to text. This update is getting more irritating each day. I had my battery go from 50% to 0% in less than 4 hours with me doing nothing on it.

AndreIrawan97

Jun 20, 2013
Denpasar
Tried it and even though it help a little, its still screwing up with my swipe to text. This update is getting more irritating each day. I had my battery go from 50% to 0% in less than 4 hours with me doing nothing on it.

My advice: don't use swype to text...
And mine also... 100 to 80 less then 3 hours...
And also don't use so many widget...

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
If I can get this kind of battery life on existenz v5 (4.3 jb) than there must be some serious issues with the update. I think I'll wait for existenz v6 :p

e2u6ebut.jpg

a2avyda9.jpg

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I must say, 4.4 rolled out much better than expected.... especially for the C6506 users .... Started to download the FTF from XDA but then decided to check PC companion, and surprised to see that .230 was available (CANADA) so I went through that route... Normally C6506 is always lagging in updates, but this is a nice change.

- feels a bit choppy compared to .101 but I have noticed that updates take a few days to sort it self out, maybe had to do with thermal management

- Hoping for better battery life from .230, .101 had pretty good battery life

- probably need a few more tweaks to get pretty smooth and trouble free (but no issues so far)

So far so good, good job Sony :good: :)
    I solved the choppiness (at least temporarily) by enabling "Force GPU Rendering" under Development Options. Seems like a nice ROM so far, we'll see about battery life. I've also rooted it by flashing a CM kernel, booting straight into Recovery, flashing SuperSU and immediately flashing back the .230 kernel.
    Anyone on Rogers see it yet?

With Rogers, had Generic US .101 though... updated through PC companion

BTW if you have an Original Rogers OS (version doesn't matter), upload it... I know a few people looking for it including me...
    I'm using the C6503 Vivo ftf from here and I had the same issue as yours.
    My phone was working without any issues and right after a upgrade, I'm experiencing those random shutdowns. While unplugged, I get at most 45 seconds before the shutdown.
    I wouldn't blame the battery, since the issue just started.

I must say that I was using the journalists version prior to the upgrade, no root, locked BL.

It's your battery... Does your phone actually "shutdown", as in does it show the powering off screen? Or does it just go black randomly, and won't boot past boot logo without being plugged in? If it's number 2, your battery's screwed.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
    I have the same issue about the choppiness...
    I already enabling Force GPU Rendering, and hard reset my device..
    But still, it's kinda lag when you pull the notification bar

I though I was ok after the reset, but I notice a ton of lag when using the keyboard (texting, etc).... Overall .101 was much better for me... I would expect minor updates will fix these things, hopefully soon....

- disabling Chinese and voice keyboard helped a little