[Q] what is overclock, netfilter, undervolt???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gocegi

Aug 9, 2010
All your noobish questions shouldn't be addressed in the Android Development Section.
I mean, come on people, if you don't know what the hell is overclocking, than wtf are you even doing here?!?!? It takes two seconds googling to find out, and if you can't even do that...
Leave this section for the developers, not for NOOBS !!!!

mondrup

Nov 28, 2009
Frederikshavn
All your noobish questions shouldn't be addressed in the Android Development Section.
I mean, come on people, if you don't know what the hell is overclocking, than wtf are you even doing here?!?!? It takes two seconds googling to find out, and if you can't even do that...

It might be a slightly stupid question, but you gave a completely retarded answer. Get off his back, he's mabye new here, and wanted to learn from the pro's. This place is not only about the devices, but also the community, and you aren't helping either.

OT: Overclocking is when you increase the frequency on your processors clocks. This gives your device more power, since is has more power to work with. OC'ing can also be dangerous for your phone, and CAN eventually kill it, if it isn't clocked properly. If it's unstable, it's not a good sign.
Netfilter are, correct me if I'm wrong here, codes injected into the kernel. These codes makes, ex., tethering possible.
Undervolting is when you decrease the voltage given to the phones hardware, in order to save the life of the battery. This also gives slightly to much less performance.
Hope you understand my explainations :)

Last edited:

ithunter

Jul 22, 2010
Kathmandu
thanks to all....

i jst asking about these function and pros and cons please say if thing necessary.... i think this topic is suited on dev forum so pls explain
:confused:
:mad:

DAXGr

Sep 8, 2010
Request to Mods: Please move this thread to X8 General.

Netfilter is basically iptables support, Google it.

Sent from my X10mini using XDA Premium App

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
With a simply "search" you would have find all your answers and however Development forum it is only for Development issue such Rom, hacking and so on, it is not meant for Questions.
Thread Closed.

i jst asking about these function and pros and cons please say if thing necessary.... i think this topic is suited on dev forum so pls explain
:confused:
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It might be a slightly stupid question, but you gave a completely retarded answer. Get off his back, he's mabye new here, and wanted to learn from the pro's. This place is not only about the devices, but also the community, and you aren't helping either.

OT: Overclocking is when you increase the frequency on your processors clocks. This gives your device more power, since is has more power to work with. OC'ing can also be dangerous for your phone, and CAN eventually kill it, if it isn't clocked properly. If it's unstable, it's not a good sign.
    Netfilter are, correct me if I'm wrong here, codes injected into the kernel. These codes makes, ex., tethering possible.
    Undervolting is when you decrease the voltage given to the phones hardware, in order to save the life of the battery. This also gives slightly to much less performance.
    Hope you understand my explainations :)