[Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 TWRP 3.0.0-0 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Updated to TWRP 3.0.0-0 on Feb 13, 2016.

NOTE: The MTP feature of TWRP causes issues with ADB access while in recovery. You may need to toggle "Disable MTP" a from the "mounts" menu to get ADB access.

TWRP does occasionally give a "failed to mount /system" error. If you get this error, simply reboot recovery and it should work.

Now properly supports all set_metadata functions in newer updater-scripts.

Click HERE to download the latest version.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a working zImage which I combined with his previous TWRP attempts to make this recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

I have a T210R, so I haven't tested on a T210.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
@ketut.kumajaya for getting this initially working (see THIS post)
@Jamison904 for giving us root
@hkjr for getting ketut to help
and of course the Team Win group
@Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
  • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
  • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
  • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for ODIN:
(use the one with "tar" in the name)
1. Download ODIN on your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media". You'll have to hit "up a level" on the folder list on the left to find it.

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if TWRP doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
  1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
  2. Select the Install Zip option.
  3. Find the recovery zip.
  4. Flash.
  5. Reboot recovery.
  6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOADS

home.png

Last edited:

slim94

Jul 27, 2010
By no means new to android, have a few rooted devices, know my way around ODIN, ADB etc.

I can't get TWRP flashed onto my T210R. I've followed the process, used ODIN, it seems to work, but when i boot back into recovery, it's still the stock android recovery.

Did anybody else get this working? I've tried flashing twice and both times it did the same thing.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
By no means new to android, have a few rooted devices, know my way around ODIN, ADB etc.

I can't get TWRP flashed onto my T210R. I've followed the process, used ODIN, it seems to work, but when i boot back into recovery, it's still the stock android recovery.

Did anybody else get this working? I've tried flashing twice and both times it did the same thing.

What is your build number?
Are you rooted already?

Try flashing it in Odin with auto reboot NOT checked. Then boot straight into recovery when it is finished flashing.

Not sure if that will help or not, but I read it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

Zidkijah

Jan 13, 2011
O'Fallon, MO
Flawless install :D

Was running Jamison's Pre-Rooted T210R firmware. Verified with quick boot.

Dang, I take a weekend and go to 6 Flags :cool: and you guys just friggin nail it!! Awesome job to all!!

Reactions: gr8nole

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
TWRP 2.6.1.0! Untested, flash at your own risk!

T21x kernel change: https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02/commits/master

Looks good...I'll add it to the OP :good:

EDIT: 2.6.1.0 actually gives a lot of "E: A render request has failed" messages, but it looks like everything is still functioning.

Going to pull 2.6.1.0 attachment for now until we fix the theme.

EDIT #2: 2.6.1.0 attachment restored to OP (it was just missing a few png's).

Last edited:

geminihc

Jun 5, 2008
silly quesiton, but first time flashing recovery (official rom). so after i successfully flash recovery via ODIN, it auto resets and goes back to regular android O/S. how do i go to recovery from this point?

UPDATE: i've tried holding volume buttons down + power key to try to get into recoveyr but just loads normally. seems that i cannot get this working. am i suppose to be able to do this from the official untouched rom?

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
silly quesiton, but first time flashing recovery (official rom). so after i successfully flash recovery via ODIN, it auto resets and goes back to regular android O/S. how do i go to recovery from this point?

UPDATE: i've tried holding volume buttons down + power key to try to get into recoveyr but just loads normally. seems that i cannot get this working. am i suppose to be able to do this from the official untouched rom?

Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen.

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
@gr8nole
T210R = T210 + IR remote.

Based on kernel defconfig:
1. lt02wifi: base configuration - T210
2. lt02wifiue: wifi + IR remote - T210R, US market
3. lt02wifidtv: wifi + digital TV - T210?, South America?
4. lt02wifilgt: wifi + NFC - T210L, Korea market
5. lt023g: wifi + 3G/4G - T211/T215
6. lt023gdtv: 3G + digital TV - T211?, South America?

Last edited:
Reactions: gr8nole

krazyace35

Mar 11, 2012
Thanks gr8nole and everyone else who worked on this recovery thanks for your hard work and dedication to the tab 3 community :)

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JT1510365

slim94

Jul 27, 2010
What is your build number?
Are you rooted already?

Try flashing it in Odin with auto reboot NOT checked. Then boot straight into recovery when it is finished flashing.

Not sure if that will help or not, but I read it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

Build - JZO54K.T210RUEAMG4
Rooted - No

Tried flashing with Odin and straight into recovery -- still stock recovery. Also tried CWM, same thing. Not sure what's goin on.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Wow, was definately not using 3.07. I was using a much older version. I just re-tried with 3.07 and the same thing, still stock recovery after flash.

That's the same build I have and I've flashed back to full stock unrooted several times and haven't had any issues.

The only other suggestion I have is to flash the prerooted firmware linked in post #2 of my CWM thread and then try again. You won't lose any data.

mrwjca

Sep 21, 2008
Zaandijk
Hi
I flashed TWRP 2.6.1.0 with odin 3.07 on my SM-T210. wokrs fine, only thing I noitced is that it is responding slow if you select something.
Further no problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated to TWRP 3.0.0-0 on Feb 13, 2016.

NOTE: The MTP feature of TWRP causes issues with ADB access while in recovery. You may need to toggle "Disable MTP" a from the "mounts" menu to get ADB access.

TWRP does occasionally give a "failed to mount /system" error. If you get this error, simply reboot recovery and it should work.

Now properly supports all set_metadata functions in newer updater-scripts.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a working zImage which I combined with his previous TWRP attempts to make this recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

I have a T210R, so I haven't tested on a T210.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @ketut.kumajaya for getting this initially working (see THIS post)
    @Jamison904 for giving us root
    @hkjr for getting ketut to help
    and of course the Team Win group
    @Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for ODIN:
    (use the one with "tar" in the name)
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Internal card gets mounted as "/data/media". You'll have to hit "up a level" on the folder list on the left to find it.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if TWRP doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
    1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    2. Select the Install Zip option.
    3. Find the recovery zip.
    4. Flash.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

DOWNLOADS

home.png
    My English skills prevented me from commenting much but without @gr8nole dedication this is not unattainable. Don't be a leech, press his Thanks button.
    Updated to 2.7.0.0
    TWRP 2.6.1.0! Untested, flash at your own risk!

T21x kernel change: https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02/commits/master