Just a quick question

Search This thread

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
I have an s4 still with the mdk version but it has some issues. My proximity sensors are bad I have issues waking the phone during calls, this only seems to happen in cm based or aosp based Roms (I don't know why) so my question is. I'm thinking of Odin back to stock and getting a replacement. I'm sure its going to arrive with the nc5 update. To my understanding the newest update is rootable right???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
I have an s4 still with the mdk version but it has some issues. My proximity sensors are bad I have issues waking the phone during calls, this only seems to happen in cm based or aosp based Roms (I don't know why) so my question is. I'm thinking of Odin back to stock and getting a replacement. I'm sure its going to arrive with the nc5 update. To my understanding the newest update is rootable right???

Try to odin back to mdk, reroot and install a new rom via loki. For someone with mdk you are giving up to easy, and won't get any sympathy from us on any build past mdk. On root for nc5 you can find that info with some basic common sense and reading comprehension.

loonie01

Mar 12, 2009
Detroit
You have dust on the sensor under the screen. You can blow some air through the top speaker to clear it out or take te phone apart and do it that way.It's a hardware problem not software.

Unfathomable

Jun 13, 2014
St. Petersburg, FL
Blowing air into the speaker is not a recommended method. Its very easy to damage the speaker. To determine its a hardware problem type *#0*# in your dialer. A diagnostic menu will appear. Then press sensor. Now move your hand near the proximity sensor and the phone will vibrate and the screen will turn green. If this does not happen then your hardware is bad or something's blocking it. If it does then its a software issue. I know this diagnostic menu is present on almost all Touchwiz builds and many aosp roms. Let me know if this helps.

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
Try to odin back to mdk, reroot and install a new rom via loki. For someone with mdk you are giving up to easy, and won't get any sympathy from us on any build past mdk. On root for nc5 you can find that info with some basic common sense and reading comprehension.
I have tried it multiple times and it doesn't work . its always when i use ROM based of cm. thanks for the input I'm going to try it again

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
Blowing air into the speaker is not a recommended method. Its very easy to damage the speaker. To determine its a hardware problem type *#0*# in your dialer. A diagnostic menu will appear. Then press sensor. Now move your hand near the proximity sensor and the phone will vibrate and the screen will turn green. If this does not happen then your hardware is bad or something's blocking it. If it does then its a software issue. I know this diagnostic menu is present on almost all Touchwiz builds and many aosp roms. Let me know if this helps.
I tried dialing *#0*# and all I get is "Verizon cannot complete this called"

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
There's a known software issue with this phone and the proximity sensor on aosp roms . Some new aosp builds have a feature to force the screen on after a call.

Getting a replacement is pointless, you'll still just be limited to touchwiz then anyway.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I just saw that option Josh is talking about I believe it was the latest Mahdi ROM.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Check PA SaberDroid Josh... Maybe that one had it I can't remember I flash to much.

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
I tried dialing *#0*# and all I get is "Verizon cannot complete this called"

You need to be on a rom that has the HiddenMenu.apk in it. Go into system/app and look to see if it's in there. If not then you need to flash a rom that has this apk. I'd go with a TW most have this. Once on one that has this apk then go to efs/carrier long press on the HiddenMenu text file and choose open in text editor (I'm using Root Explorer) change OFF to ON then reboot. After reboot open dialer then type *#0*# and follow @Unfathomable instructions.

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
I just saw that option Josh is talking about I believe it was the latest Mahdi ROM.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Check PA SaberDroid Josh... Maybe that one had it I can't remember I flash to much.

can you link? remember please!!!

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
There's a known software issue with this phone and the proximity sensor on aosp roms . Some new aosp builds have a feature to force the screen on after a call.

Getting a replacement is pointless, you'll still just be limited to touchwiz then anyway.

yeah you're right its just so annoying I'm stuck with only being able to use tw Roms

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
I think it's Mahdi..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582596

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Here's the other one it's possibly on
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2773998

its this the option you're talking about? uploadfromtaptalk1403123234444.jpg. its the last one. it kind of works but I still can't get into the dialer. :(

saul1991

Jul 13, 2011
Yes that's the one! I didn't need to use it so wasn't sure if it worked at all.

No luck[emoji782][emoji782][emoji782]

sort of it wakes the phone on after the call has ended I'm still unable to get into the dialer while I'm calling. someone posted a link to manually calibrate the sensors but idk I don't think I'm that advanced lol