Isn't there a way to root this device yet?

Search This thread

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Isn't there a way to root any version of this device yet? I can live without cyanogenmod or many custom roms but without root would be really tough.

kaiodduarte

Dec 1, 2014
Thanks for sharing !
But i have one small question: do you need to unlock the bootloader in order for this to work ? Because they always say that in rooting tutorials.

Just unlock bootloader in Motorola's devices, in Samsung's devices no need it but your knox counter will trigger like unlock bootloader (warranty is void)

G

GuestD2277

build number

Thanks for the info - my Build number is slightly different - KOT49H.G800FXXU1ANL1 - any pointers for rooting this will be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

G

GuestD2277

Yours is still a G800F phone. There shouldn't be any problem using the method suggested.

Wow thank you for the swift response! I'm sure you are correct, but my only concern is the bottom of the post containing the tutorial states its ONLY for a build No. different from mine. Again any further advice would be a great help! Thanks

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Wow thank you for the swift response! I'm sure you are correct, but my only concern is the bottom of the post containing the tutorial states its ONLY for a build No. different from mine. Again any further advice would be a great help! Thanks

I hadn't notice that. I guess you can ask in some chainfire specific forum or wait for someone that has rooted successfully with a slightly different phone model number.

G

GuestD2277

I hadn't notice that. I guess you can ask in some chainfire specific forum or wait for someone that has rooted successfully with a slightly different phone model number.

I performed a software update when I got the phone a few weeks ago - does this change the build No? Kind of annoying if so, haha - as probably could have rooted with the method mentioned otherwise!

Anyway, thanks a lot for the advice I'll check in a Chainfire forum.

Cheers

G

GuestD2277

Have rooted my phone now! :good: Found the info on another thread - it would appear that the root file I used (CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.tar.md5) is identical to the one mentioned in this thread - so in this case build No doesnt seem to matter. Cheers

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Have rooted my phone now! :good: Found the info on another thread - it would appear that the root file I used (CF-Auto-Root-kminilte-kminiltexx-smg800f.tar.md5) is identical to the one mentioned in this thread - so in this case build No doesnt seem to matter. Cheers

Thanks for reporting back, not enough people do that :)

Top Liked Posts