[Q] EVO Not receiving texts

Search This thread

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
I am a noob to posting but not new to reading this forum nor rooting.

I have an EVO 4G and just flashed AOKP build 33 with GAPPS 3-17.

I have Google Voice installed and have used it with no problems for almost a year now.

Just yesterday when I flashed AOKP build 33 my phone quit receiving text messages. I still receive them on my Google Voice account on my phone and on the computer.

GV is set to have my text messages go through my text client and my text client is set to the default messaging app.

I have tried flashing to recovery nandroids of previous Roms and states of Roms and that did not solve my problem.

I didn't see anyone at the AOKP thread who has had the same problem.

What can I do? Please help.

*apologies for posting this if there is a better place for it to go but after making it through all of the results on my searches about this with no solution I am extremely frustrated and need a solution.

trau89

Apr 12, 2012
Fort Collins
Have you tried uninstalling GV to see if that solves the problem? My phone did the same thing for a while with google voice and I never understood why, but uninstalling GV took care of my issues. You will probably get the text messages a few hours to a few days late, or at least that is what happened to me

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Have you tried uninstalling GV to see if that solves the problem? My phone did the same thing for a while with google voice and I never understood why, but uninstalling GV took care of my issues. You will probably get the text messages a few hours to a few days late, or at least that is what happened to me

So do I need to do more than just uninstall and re-install the app? i.e. the whole thing with un-linking my number and voicemail and everything?

trau89

Apr 12, 2012
Fort Collins
Make sure somehow you have the latest radios and such maybe? Have someone text you again now that its all undone and see if the new message will go through. Like I said, even after disabling GV, it took 3 days for the lost texts to come through.

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Make sure somehow you have the latest radios and such maybe? Have someone text you again now that its all undone and see if the new message will go through. Like I said, even after disabling GV, it took 3 days for the lost texts to come through.

I've had someone texting me throughout the process to no avail. I am working on updating the profile and the PRI/PRL but have to load a sense ROM. Is that the same as the radios? Haven't really dealt with radios before.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Any towers being worked on in your area? I've had no incoming texts for 4 weeks now, due to a tower upgrade (LTE). The only way I could get a text was to make a phone call (typically called my voicemail when I wanted to check for texts). Supposedly this is done as of today...

Worth it for the LTE though! :D

kidcope06

Apr 25, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Resolved

Thanks guys. I ended up just flashing a MikG ROM and it corrected what ever was wrong. Then flashed my AOKP ROM and we are back up and running. Still have no idea what it was.

Bbc84

Jun 10, 2010
I'm having same issues, ive been switching back and forth between ROMS to see if i can find one that works. I removed Google voice from my phone, and deactivated it online to see if that fix it. but not working still.

I still only get texts when i make a phone call.

imheroldman

Apr 10, 2011
Chico
Those who are having the problem, are you restoring a backup of GV with data?

Remember, especially with Google apps, there are a lot of updated features for ICS and backups from Gingerbread will not work efficiently. It is best to start from scratch with these apps, especially seeing that Google voice pull most of its data from the cloud... no real need to restore data with it.