Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Would never buy it

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

MNRezound

Aug 6, 2012
Cambridge
I'm new to this forum, but experienced on others. So, here I go.

I bought the Otterbox Defender Series case for my HTC Rezound not too long ago, off of htcpedia.com for a somewhat discounted price. At the time I bought my phone I bought the Verizon 2750mAh extended battery as well, and the Defender seemed to be the only case I was really interested in getting that covered the bigger battery. So far, I've loved the protection, the durability, and the ease of changing between the regular battery and extended battery, as well as getting it on and off quickly.

My question in starting this post is, do you like it?

I find it quite bulky when inside pockets, and it's hard to get out once it's buried in there. It's huge, and God-awful looking some days in my opinion. But for the protection, I think it is definitely worth the money.

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I'm new to this forum, but experienced on others. So, here I go.

I bought the Otterbox Defender Series case for my HTC Rezound not too long ago, off of htcpedia.com for a somewhat discounted price. At the time I bought my phone I bought the Verizon 2750mAh extended battery as well, and the Defender seemed to be the only case I was really interested in getting that covered the bigger battery. So far, I've loved the protection, the durability, and the ease of changing between the regular battery and extended battery, as well as getting it on and off quickly.

My question in starting this post is, do you like it?

I find it quite bulky when inside pockets, and it's hard to get out once it's buried in there. It's huge, and God-awful looking some days in my opinion. But for the protection, I think it is definitely worth the money.

Have you seen the defender for the Razr? It fits so much better, I guess because of the size.

rezin

Jul 26, 2010
i absolutely love my defender case...i just love the feel of the phone bare more especially since i hate the plastic screen protector (i popped it off the defender case)...i ordered an ext. battery so imma have to debate if im gonna butcher the back of the battery cover and otterbox

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
I'm still considering getting one. Using Verizon extended battery and case atm.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Squirrel1620

Oct 13, 2011
If your gonna pop off the hard plastic screen protector just but the commuter edition I have it and it's very durable it goes through a lot of abuse and no damage whatsoever

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Brttclne22

Mar 4, 2012
How'd you fit the extended battery? By just leaving the back off or cutting? I've seen where others have done that but I wanted to get your opinion. Got my extended battery on the way, already have the defender and love it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mefloump

May 10, 2010
Watertown, SD
I had the case for a weekend and ended up selling it here because I did not like the bulk it added to the phone. I would like to add that it does protect better than any other case I have seen. I ended up going with a body glove case as I like how it goes together and slim profile. Just my 2 cents.

TabbedOut

Oct 11, 2011
I've actually got this case on my Rezound, but with the mugen 4000 battery. What I did was cut down the standard cover and the otterbox cover so that I have a case that fits quite well with no detectable deformities (like you can do if you use the extended back without the otterbox back). My signal strength is also unchanged in this configuration.

Sent from my s-offed, neomaxed, 80gb Rezound

IMG_20120808_134104.jpg

IMG_20120808_134111.jpg

Last edited:

ANDR0lD

Jun 14, 2011
I just got this case a weak ago. I'm currently using the extended OEM battery with it :) to do this i haven't cut (yet) but instead am just not using the backing it came with. Personally I like it better without the plastic back because it makes noises for some reason. The phone fits fine in the holster except if you want to put the screen on the outside because that side doesn't fit. The holster is pretty amazing, made out of strong stuff and the has good features. Will definitely being using Otterbox for awhile.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

koldlaser

Jul 19, 2012
I had one and my gf had one. I put them both in each front pocket. It made me look like I had thigh pads on just like those football players.

metalmike6

Mar 11, 2010
Tabbedout, I actually did the same thing minus the mugen batt and defender case. I used the reg extended and have yet to find a case this trick would work with. I guess I have my answer now. I wonder if this would work with the commuter case as well or if there isn't enough meat in the rubber part to make up the difference in the battery. To answer the other question my battery doesn't fall out because the back plate was cut to barely fit the battery. It actually overlaps a tiny bit on the top and bottom making it so ridiculously snug it would never pop out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

TabbedOut

Oct 11, 2011
Exactly... My backing is cut so tight that it is actually more difficult to remove with the battery in place. It holds the battery VERY snugly

Edit:
The reason for the tight fit was, for me at least, not intentional. If you look at the inside of the rear cover you should be able to see the antenna arrays. It was in an attempt to prevent severing these that caused me to make such a tight fit, but it worked out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts